That it?

85 Troll Rogue

Except one raid per patch is how it's been since nilla.

Please learn how the game is before complaining.

Except you are wrong
Vanilla doesnt start at Wrath.

AQ came out with a 20/40 man raid instance

SSC and TK

BT and Hyjal

The only tiered raid instances that have consisted of bosses in the range of firelands has been BWL and ToC. BWL was made when this game was still in its infancy, and progression was much different than it is now. For that reason alone the 8 bosses that came with the instance were acceptable for the most part. ToC was the biggest raid mistake Blizzard has ever made. Hence why people are skeptical.

BC started with only one raid, which is why they HAD to release them two at a time. The first patch pushed them up to three raids, and the second pushed them to five. Cata will be at 4 raids by 4.2, which is more than nilla had, more than LK had, and one less than BC had.
AQ was also in patch 1.9. You know, end of nilla?

Oh, and since you can't count? SSC had six bosses, Hyjal had five, Sunwell had six encounters (granted a couple had two spawns instead of one but still one encounter). Naxx was nilla's true endgame, hence why it had a ton of bosses; same with ICC. Uld had a lot of bosses to make up for the fact that LK had lots of raids with only a boss or a handful of bosses.

I don't see the problem.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Yes, Firelands is the raid in 4.2, and 7 is the total number of bosses.

We think 7 is our current ideal for number of bosses in a raid. (We launched Cataclysm with two full raids of 4-6 bosses each.) We're also spending a lot of time making the Firelands bosses as awesome as possible - - creating unique models, animations, effects, sounds, etc. etc. Previously a lot of bosses were larger versions of existing models, which was fine, but that tradeoff is made somewhere. We shift to making fewer but more epic boss fights and there's a tradeoff somewhere. We're concentrating our efforts into a smaller number of fights so that each fight is bigger and better, they're still obviously going to be extremely challenging, but once it is on farm you're not having to spend two, three, maybe four nights just to clear it because the raid is so huge.

Our ideal situation would, of course, be to launch as many raids as possible with this current ideal number of around 7 bosses, but that's not something we're ever going to promise. We'd love to be able to produce unlimited amounts of content anywhere, not just raids, for that matter. We think one raid per patch with around 7 bosses is a super solid experience, though, especially with how much effort is going into Firelands. We don't think anyone is going to be disappointed.

On a side note, the whole daily quest thing hasn't sparked much excitement yet, but with the preview going live here in a few hours (and BlizzCast 16) hopefully we can impress how awesome that's going to be, too.

Again, there's a pretty aggressive development cycle for 4.2, so it's not going to be very long before we're on the PTR, and not very long (comparatively) before release.
Edited by Bashiok on 4/28/2011 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I'll take this complaint more seriously if you have 100% on the hardmodes on all the current raids.

And then you have 100% on the hardmode in Firelands. Until then, there is still something for you to do.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/28/2011 03:08 PMPosted by Tacobeef
so it'll be 2 months until the PTR starts

Oh, you're gonna be, like, totally eating hats. You will masticate multiple hats.
Reply Quote
04/28/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Albinosmurfs
Firelands and then what? I saw the firelands preview, and it looks like it will be a fun instance. I do have once concern, that it? Firelands is 6 bosses + 1 boss in Baradin Hold. With the new lock out system introduced in cata, doesn't it seem like we would need at least 2 raids released in each content patch or are content patches just going to come much faster than we were previously use to?

You, and many others, will never....ever....ever be happy.

With anything.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
7 bosses in a raid is fine, 7 bosses for an entire tier is low.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
04/28/2011 02:12 PMPosted by Murianna
Firelands and then what? I saw the firelands preview, and it looks like it will be a fun instance. I do have once concern, that it? Firelands is 6 bosses + 1 boss in Baradin Hold. With the new lock out system introduced in cata, doesn't it seem like we would need at least 2 raids released in each content patch or are content patches just going to come much faster than we were previously use to?

You've barely scratched the surface of the current content and you're dubbing the coming content "not enough"?

Why don't you go and get all the hard modes on farm status before considering the content "done"?

Because the game wasn't designed that way? Thanks.. Hard modes are a option for making the current content..... harder.

I know thats a pretty hard concept to understand and all >>
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/28/2011 03:12 PMPosted by Bashiok
so it'll be 2 months until the PTR starts

Oh, you're gonna be, like, totally eating hats. You will masticate multiple hats.

Does that count as daily fiber?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
04/28/2011 03:10 PMPosted by Bashiok
they're still obviously going to be extremely challenging

I hope you know I'm holding you to this.

<3 the increased difficulty as compared to wrath
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]