That it?

85 Blood Elf Priest
04/29/2011 07:12 AMPosted by Psî

Incorrect. 6 + Rag.
Well at least I know when I'll be quitting.

Firelands to next raid is easily going to be another 6-8 months.
I'm not paying through that crap while most of the devs are working on Titan.

I disagree with some of this but, gotta admit he is right on the money with the Titan comment way too much R&D allocated to Titan and it shows.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I think there are very few people that rush through content, say, "Well, we finished that in 3 weeks, now I'm done till 4.2!". If you can complete the normal raid dungeons easily, then the heroic modes are there to challenge you more. Besides if you start doing heroics easily, it will only help you more for the next tier.

I'm sure there are people in your guild that would appreciate pro geared and skilled players helping them out with random dungeons/raids.

If you don't want to bother with that, well then stop playing until 4.2 drops, simple as that. There are many, many things to do in this game. If you find non of them fun, sounds like a personal problem really.

If blizzard put out 5 raids with 6 bosses each at the same time, people would still scream with madness the absolute horrid level of boredom they're experiencing.

In the end, it's hard to please everyone...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/29/2011 10:34 AMPosted by Stubb
If blizzard put out 5 raids with 6 bosses each at the same time, people would still scream with madness the absolute horrid level of boredom they're experiencing.

I -heavily- doubt that, among the raiding population, as long as those bosses were at least as mechanically interesting as T11 bosses. More likely, the complaints in that case would be (the same complaints bliz is claiming are widespread about T11 but I see no actual indication of) that there would be no time left, even for 4n/wk guilds, to work on progression, after all the farmed bosses were downed.

There was already a solution to that problem implemented, extending raid lockouts. That solution was superior in every way because it left the choice with the players. Now they are claiming that the only solution to the (non-existant) outcry of raiding guilds who are being 'forced' to raid more than they want to right now, to 'keep up' with progression is to cut back on the available content.

I would be very interested to see how many raiding guilds really deeply care about their progress relative to the race for server, or especially, world firsts. I think in your average raiding guild, it it more the sense of community that forms in the guild doing the weekly raids. All they want, is to have something left to work on that is new, the sense that given time they -can- overcome the challenges, and that things have been balanced so that for the guilds at the peak of the bell curve, they will be overcoming the final challenges of a tier just as the next tier drops. (And if you go back a few pages you'll see why the WoWProgress %'s for bosses killed are quite possibly deeply flawed and that Nef is perhaps already closing in on a 50% kill ratio).
Edited by Ophidon on 4/29/2011 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I believe the OP is talking about more RAIDING content. As in so far this expansion has had the fewest off the start than any you've done before.

you obviously did not play burning crusade... we had kara, ssc, tempest keep and magtheridon. there wasn't a patch at all, content or otherwise, for more than half a year because frankly people didn't even get TO ssc or tempest keep as a guild for a long long time. so they may as well not have even existed.

we're lucky to be getting patches this quickly(comparatively), content or otherwise. there was a time when a single patch took a year or more to get out to us, and that had like 3 lines of class changes and 4 of bug fixes. >.>

yes i agree with the resources they have and the talent available to them, more quality could be done more timely. (like 4.1.1, x.x.2, etc.), but never EVER sacrifice quality for haste, or you get "bad" products like sc: ghost or megaman x6/7. or would you like to go back to year long waits for 1 non-content patch?
Reply Quote
ok fine, 3 tiers that nobody saw at all because nobody had progressed that far.

i'm still right about the wait.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Some of you are speaking as if you're wearing full 359, let alone 372 gear. ZG/ZA just came out and I see the same people complaining that those instances are too hard. You're complaining about content you won't see for months when you haven't even finished the normal raids now.

I don't see Paragon or Method complaining and i'm sure they don't need you complaining for them.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I'd be fine with a 7 boss long raid, that sounds like a good number to me.

If they had a second raid, maybe four or five bosses long, that is.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Some of you are speaking as if you're wearing full 359, let alone 372 gear. ZG/ZA just came out and I see the same people complaining that those instances are too hard. You're complaining about content you won't see for months when you haven't even finished the normal raids now.

I don't see Paragon or Method complaining and i'm sure they don't need you complaining for them.

It seems like you're forgetting that under the Wrath model, content gets past over every patch. So even though not everyone has cleared 13/13, there won't be a reason to. That's why everyone is saying that there will only be 7 bosses until the following raid release. Firelands will do to 4.0 raids what ToC did to Ulduar, make it pointless. (I'm aware you can still run them, but it won't be the same challenge if say for example, firelands normal and VP gives 379+ gear) Why does the new tier have to destroy the old tier? Can't it just be tuned so that people can do 4.2 normals and 4.0 heroics together and 4.2 heroics when you're that progressed?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
=

Seriously? I don't get comments like this at all.

Why does the arbitrary number of HOW MANY bosses are in an instance matter instead of how good those boss encounters are?

Do you honestly remember EVERY SINGLE boss in AQ40? That instance had a ton of encounters in it but only a few are memorable.

Do you honestly want them to up the number of bosses in the instance to 11 (lol it goes to 11), just so we can have more boss fights like Auriyaya?

Judge them on the quality of the boss encounters. The number doesn't matter. I'd rather have an instance of seven bosses on the level of detail as Mimiron, Lich King or Yog-Saron vs TOC any day.

Seven is a good number, don't get me wrong, but if you're wiping on boss six for a while, then all you've seen for months is boss 1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5 and 6.

A second raid would be much appreciated, and still possible, if the "months ahead" is to be trusted.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
04/29/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Pugmaster
you obviously did not play burning crusade... we had kara, ssc, tempest keep and magtheridon. there wasn't a patch at all, content or otherwise, for more than half a year because frankly people didn't even get TO ssc or tempest keep as a guild for a long long time. so they may as well not have even existed.

actually black temple came out in 2.1 about 4 months after bc released. 3 tiers within 6 months of release. now thats an expansion.

But then there was 13 months of no new raiding content except for a 10 man that dropped sub par loot.
Reply Quote
and here comes the gear qq. why not do things just to do them and have fun? >.> it seems we as "gamers" lost that part of the gaming process a long time ago.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
2 questions.

1) is t12 going to be 372 gear? and if so does that mean that h t11 guilds already outgear normal t12 bosses? are they going to blow through these normal bosses like butter?

2) are enough people doing and completing hard modes to justify the time and resources it takes to create them?

Normal mode gear is 378, with heroic mode 391 (judging by some datamined trinkets).
Edited by Mescyn on 4/29/2011 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Normal mode gear is 378, with heroic mode 391.

Source? It's not that I don't think you're right, it's just that I'm hoping you're wrong, know what I mean?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
04/29/2011 01:07 PMPosted by Popsecret
Normal mode gear is 378, with heroic mode 391.

Source? It's not that I don't think you're right, it's just that I'm hoping you're wrong, know what I mean?

Datamined trinkets, basically.

http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=sl=12;minle=378;maxle=378;gb=1

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/02/26/patch-4-1-ptr-trinkets-of-tier-12/

It's possible these trinkets are off of ragnaros, and are thus higher ilvl than the median normal mode and heroic mode loot drop in firelands.
Edited by Mescyn on 4/29/2011 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]