That it?

85 Human Paladin

Much as I hate to play the armory card, you'd think somebody who pre-emptively screams about how raiders MUST HAVE TONS OF BOSSES OR ELSE would have at least cleared Tier 11 on normal mode as we approached the 5-month mark.
I switched mains a few weeks ago. Armory Imcutesy if you want to be picky about it. Or just look up wowprogress and search my guild.

Then why post on an alt then? O_O

P.S. This char is my main until my other character is at the same amount of power as this one. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Much as I hate to play the armory card, you'd think somebody who pre-emptively screams about how raiders MUST HAVE TONS OF BOSSES OR ELSE would have at least cleared Tier 11 on normal mode as we approached the 5-month mark.
I switched mains a few weeks ago. Armory Imcutesy if you want to be picky about it. Or just look up wowprogress and search my guild.

Well, I stand corrected.

But that said, if you want something to do, do hardmodes. When the top-end players are saying that twelve heroic bosses are too exhausting while the bottom-end ones are struggling to get through the tier even on normal, they're probably not going to lose sleep over people in the middle who do have options open but refuse to take them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The only thing I'm worried about is "How many different pieces of loot will each boss drop?" You still have to itemize enough loot for every class/spec in the game. With only 7 bosses from which the loot can drop will each boss be capable of dropping 15-20 different items?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm not sure I can adequately express what a bad idea this is. And I don't really believe most of the Blizzard devs believe it's a good idea either, this is just preemptive damage control.

This will be the shortest tier in WoW history, even shorter than the universally disliked ToC. A couple tiers had less total bosses (many when you count hard modes) but that isn't what makes it the shortest tier. With BWL, there was no "gear reset" at that point, so most guilds still ran MC weekly as well. And with ToC, at least you usually ran twice (if not more if you cared about normal modes), once for 25m, once for 10m.

Why does total number of bosses killed per week matter? Even matter considerably more than things like unique models and animations for bosses? Because for a -large- chunk of raiders, the time spent raiding weekly, is close to our only time spent in the game. We don't treat WoW like an endless time-sucking social experience to just log on constantly and futz around with (I find 'casuals' actually tend to spend considerably more total time logged on than raiders). We treat it like an intermural sports team, and only show up at game time. If there is this little to do a week, interest will wain, and quickly. One night a week just will not be enough to keep interest, and the sense of community with the guild, up.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Except that Hardmode bosses aren't anything like their regular counterparts (with a few exceptions). So if you're not 13/13 heroic in the current tier yet, then you aren't "done".
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm sorry but 7 bosses is not ideal for raiders. Did you not learn from TOC? Heck, atleast TOC allowed you to do 10 and 25 mans which totaled 10 bosses for the week.

Sugarcoat it all you want, 7 bosses is still 7. Ulduar had 14 and was amazing. I don't remember anyone complaining about that.

Yeah, I mean that's a tough situation because our feeling is simply that people shouldn't be forced to play the game more than a couple nights a week to keep up on progression. We realize though that some people legitimately like playing every night, and having real reasons to be in the game and playing with raid groups and such. There's obviously things like alts, professions, achievements, PvP, to keep people busy, but it's ultimately something we'd like to get a better handle on. Having content that isn't forcing people to log in every night, but still offering something that's meaningful for those that do. Understand though that by definition those types of things can't lead to player power or else everyone will be back to having to log on every single night to keep pace. Anyway, it's something we very much want to get a better handle on, but it's not something we're going to solve easily.
Edited by Bashiok on 4/28/2011 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Yeah, I mean that's a tough situation because our feeling is simply that people shouldn't be forced to play the game more than a couple nights a week to keep up on progression. We realize though that some people legitimately like playing every night, and having real reasons to be in the game and playing with raid groups and such. There's obviously things like alts, professions, achievements, PvP, to keep people busy, but it's ultimately something we'd like to get a better handle on. Having content that isn't forcing people to log in every night, but still offering something that's meaningful for those that do. Understand though that by definition those types of things can't lead to player power or else everyone will be back to having to log on every single night to keep pace. Anyway, it's something we very much want to get a better handle on, but it's not something we're going to solve easily.

From what I gather from the preview... The new dailies will create the feeling of being forced to complete them every day with the way the phases and whatnot unfold for each individual character.

no?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Can we expect something like a Firelands 5 man or something? I just finished reading a thread on MMOChampion about how casuals didn't get anything to do this patch (the ilevel requirement and difficulty is a little high for some of the more casual players) and how there won't be anything to do in the Firelands patch. So I'm kind of hoping there'll be something epic for players like that.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I know you guys worked hard on this content and I'm sure it's going to be a fun raid. I am not concerned about the quality of the content you put out. I do have a question though and I feel like it is legitimate. Is it a design goal to put out less raid content than you have in the past?

In the past each major tier of raiding had around 12 raid bosses, and about two of those types of raids were released about every 6 months or twice a year. If 7 is the new golden number for raid bosses per tier, and if new raid content is still released approximately every six months (judging the distance between Cataclysms release and now) then that would indicate a sharp decrease in the amount of raid content released now compared to what was released in the past.

If I have misunderstood anything or am way off base somewhere I welcome someone to correct me but I am only going on what you have said.and done. And it seems to me you are intending to release considerably less raid content from here on out.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
From what I gather from the preview... The new dailies will create the feeling of being forced to complete them every day with the way the phases and whatnot unfold for each individual character.

no?

Well, someone doing the dailies every day will certainly achieve the rewards faster than someone who doesn't... But there's no comparison between coordinating 10 or 25 people to put all their concentration into the game for many hours a night, multiple nights, and someone choosing to log in and do a few quests by themselves every day.
Edited by Bashiok on 4/28/2011 4:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
24 Draenei Hunter
04/28/2011 03:12 PMPosted by Bashiok
so it'll be 2 months until the PTR starts

Oh, you're gonna be, like, totally eating hats. You will masticate multiple hats.

i loled
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]