Practice Raid.

85 Night Elf Warrior
I was wondering why it was never an idea to make raids have a practice feature... lets say you go in and 1 shot most things in BWD and you want to bring in someone new or have someone you want to teach how to play their class in a raid setting, why couldnt we go in after a run and set the bosses to practice and give him a shot to down stuff and practice dps or movement without loot or anyhting just to go in and give him experience as well as give guildies practice in the process, im not saying most people would need this but it seems like a nice idea for those of us who would o.o
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Wiping on the boss is practice.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
04/20/2011 01:40 PMPosted by Zhebrica
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
It would be nice in the case of some raid members that say, "Hey, we already downed this boss this week, but I'd love some more attempts at this this week to perfect _____". It would also prove an effective way of testing new specs/gear without having to risk your legitimate raid time.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Why not just buck up and take him in anyways?
It's still learning.

We have a full raid group already? and we dont rotate, and i like helping? Wiping on a boss is practice but im not talking about praticing for the entire group aside form those willing to help and we have enough people willing to do something like that. When someone learns to try and raid they are usually kicked out of any pug they go into within the first 5 minutes if its their first time, and if there are two people or three that we could bring along to a practice raid it just seems nice o.o
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Just set up a VR room, kinda like on MGS when you did the training.

You can just have a bunch of bot NPCs portraying actual players.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
04/20/2011 01:43 PMPosted by Ariensus
It would be nice in the case of some raid members that say, "Hey, we already downed this boss this week, but I'd love some more attempts at this this week to perfect _____". It would also prove an effective way of testing new specs/gear without having to risk your legitimate raid time.

This is my point sort of.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Just set up a VR room, kinda like on MGS when you did the training.

You can just have a bunch of bot NPCs portraying actual players.

VR room?
Reply Quote
There is, it's called wipes.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
04/20/2011 01:44 PMPosted by Rhalen
We have a full raid group already? and we dont rotate, and i like helping?

Sounds like you should give him your spot, then.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
04/20/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Fuzznutt
We have a full raid group already? and we dont rotate, and i like helping?

Sounds like you should give him your spot, then.

So what you are saying is that, the reason that its a bad idea is because its not how it is? Not a single personagainst this has actually said a single intelligent thing aside from "DUR ITS CALLED WIPES" I'm saying we run it, we down 5/6 and then after we go back and take in a few new people to practice their class in a raid situation without putting them through the degredation of pugs and not actually seeing any content. This also allows for people who are wanting to try different specs to get practice in that spec or to see how a spec is in certain fights. "Its called wipes." doesn't argue a point it only states what is the current system is not why it couldnt be a different system and shows your lack of forethought attention span or attentiveness to my idea.
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
5 mans are raid practice. If you DO WELL in 5 mans then you can try raiding. If you fail at 5 mans or only put out 5k DPS or something then you are not ready.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Heroics are intended to prepare you for early raiding. This and "easy mode raids" are the silliest suggestions. Blizzard is not going to make a "baddie raid" for people who don't want to put the effort into learning their class, sorry.

1/10. Would not read again.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
If practice raids were implemented, this is what I see happening:

Guild Master: okay, before the raid starts everyone needs to spend two hours in the practice raid before raid start time.

Raider #14: WTF I don't have time for this (understandably).

Guild Master: okay, goodbye.

"Raider #14 has been kicked out of the guild by Guild Master."

Raider #14 logs onto the wow forums and creates a post called: WTF BLIZZARD OMG! It says:

"Wow Blizzard, your practice raid feature is the dumbest thing ever."
Reply Quote
64 Goblin Priest
RED
So what you are saying is that, the reason that its a bad idea is because its not how it is? Not a single personagainst this has actually said a single intelligent thing aside from "DUR ITS CALLED WIPES" I'm saying we run it, we down 5/6 and then after we go back and take in a few new people to practice their class in a raid situation without putting them through the degredation of pugs and not actually seeing any content. This also allows for people who are wanting to try different specs to get practice in that spec or to see how a spec is in certain fights. "Its called wipes." doesn't argue a point it only states what is the current system is not why it couldnt be a different system and shows your lack of forethought attention span or attentiveness to my idea.

So you're saying you don't have a single person in your raid that doesn't need loot for farm content? I highly doubt your need your full A-team to kill most of that BWD run you mentioned above. Swap out somebody who doesn't need an item from boss X to somebody who does and needs to learn the boss. If you can't trust your new guys to even kill farm content with you, how do you expect them to ever run something important?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Heroics are intended to prepare you for early raiding. This and "easy mode raids" are the silliest suggestions. Blizzard is not going to make a "baddie raid" for people who don't want to put the effort into learning their class, sorry.

1/10. Would not read again.

I never said easy raid modes 1/10 for not paying attention. I MEAN QUITE LITERALLY PRACTICE THE RAIDS WE HAVE. simply switch it to practice mode. make it drop no loot and not be bound by the lockouts. jesus people dont read.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Go practise on an old raid. Sure you out gear it and are a higher level.. take fewer people then? Wear an older gear set? /shrug.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
04/20/2011 01:40 PMPosted by Zhebrica

QFT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]