Remote Guild Chat Feedback and Bugs

90 Blood Elf Paladin
constantly giving me 'Unable to establish connection to server' message
Reply Quote
I just got an android Phone this week and The first thing I downloaded (after angry Birds) was the armory app and I have to say I'm loving the gchat feature. Although i'm pretty sure that my productivity at work is going to go waaaaaaaay down.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Not sure if it's a bug, but right now the remote guild chat feature bypasses guild rank permissions. In example, if a rank is unable to speak in guild chat in-game, they are able to use remote chat to bypass this permission setting for their rank.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Also receiving the "unable to establish connection to server" issue when trying to log into guild chat. Haven't been able to log on for the last 2 days.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have a Bug i think i have found. When I try to login to gchat it tells me that this character does not belong to a guild even tho he does and i used to be able to chat. Other characters do work tho.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
p.s. on android version
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/30/2011 07:55 PMPosted by Tehfuzz
Also receiving the "unable to establish connection to server" issue when trying to log into guild chat. Haven't been able to log on for the last 2 days.

Try changing your password to something without punctuation or uppercase letters. It seems like this may be an issue with your type of phone.
85 Night Elf Druid
I have the same problem with it telling me I'm not in my guild, even though it shows me all the guild info and members, when I try to log into chat I get a bubble that pops up saying I'm not. I'm an officer in the guild on this character and I didn't have a demotion problem that some other people experienced in the beginning.
It allowed me to chat earlier in the week, but now it doesn't...but two of my other characters (lvls 61 & 14) can.
It also says one of my lvl 6 characters is in no guild at all when she actually is in the same one.
I'm using an iphone 3GS.
Reply Quote
I also haven't been able to establish a connection/keep getting time out and DC errors when trying to log in to the gchat feature. This has been going on for a few days. I am using an iPhone 3GS with iOS4.0. I will try updating the iOS but I used to connect to remote gchat just fine when the service was first launched.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This thing crashes all the time now on ipod since update. I can expect it to last about 2 auctions and then I have to restart it and re-enter password. Cancelled it. It's not worth one cent.

I also get the not in guild randomly. No option for notification only on whispers. The noise from guild chat when it works is maddening
Edited by Aikona on 5/1/2011 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Would it be possible to do the following:

1) when someone signs into the app it notifies their real ID friends / friends in game much the same as it does if they logged into the game.

2) when signing in the person can see who of his real ID friends are online.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
For three days, when I try and open Guild Chat, all I get is "Chat Connection Error: Connection Timed Out"

Every other feature of the Mobile Armory works just fine, just cannot get into chat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Its been giving me the "Chat Connection Error: Connection Timed Out" and the "Disconnected From Guild Chat" for the past 3 days. It also for the past 2 days until I kicked my alt and re-invited her was logged in as remote chat all the time even though on the app it said I couldn't connect. I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times and still can't log into chat.
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have the same problem with it telling me I'm not in my guild, even though it shows me all the guild info and members, when I try to log into chat I get a bubble that pops up saying I'm not. I'm an officer in the guild on this character and I didn't have a demotion problem that some other people experienced in the beginning.
It allowed me to chat earlier in the week, but now it doesn't...but two of my other characters (lvls 61 & 14) can.
It also says one of my lvl 6 characters is in no guild at all when she actually is in the same one.
I'm using an iphone 3GS.

That's a known issue: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456725648
Thanks Sixen, and thanks everyone for the continued feedback.

We are looking into any possible connection problems on our end related to some users reporting problems connecting to chat.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Death Knight
Step 1: Log into Remote Guild chat.
Step 2: Say something in guild chat.
Step 3: Go back to the "Lobby" (screen showing guild chat/whispers/online users)
Step 4: Press the home button
Step 5: Run any other App (tested: pandora, facebook, music) edit: I have been able to reproduce this many times using the stock music app
Step 6: Wait

For some reason, whenever I do that... it causes my phone to hard freeze. Not force close an app, but a complete phone lockup. I have to pull the battery to get it to reset.

Running a Droid.
Edited by Kaylark on 5/2/2011 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet (I'm sure it has), but I would love 2 things for the guild chat feature.

1) Landscape keyboard compatibility! I have big thumbs, and the portrait keyboard isn't comfortable. This could be a deal breaker for me.

2) Please allow it to operate in the background without signing out. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I would love to be able to take a call or go look something up without it signing me out of guild chat for it.

3) ...a small one really. I would like for people to be able to see when I sign in on the guild chat as a typical login toast in guild chat in the game. I've been freaking people out by dropping a /w when they never saw me log on lol.

That's all, really. Great app!

EDIT: I just read the blue post that said it signs you out on purpose, and those reasons seem valid. Any chance we can up that time a bit? Or maybe be able to change the idle time?

EDIT: Added a 3rd request
Edited by Deyzan on 5/2/2011 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I was very excited by the chat feature, but it doesn't work, still, 4th day in a row, cannot connect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]