Remote Guild Chat Feedback and Bugs

85 Blood Elf Mage
I'm on the server frostwolf have an iPod touch current gen running the latest os but I keep getting a can't connect to guild chat message. Is there anything I should try?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I changed guilds, and it shows on my character page, but still shows here and on the guild chat page that I"m still in my old guild, but won't log on b/c it says I'm not a member of that guild. It won't update to my new guild is what I'm saying. So it's not working. It's been days....
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
09/29/2011 05:29 PMPosted by Jacquess
I changed guilds, and it shows on my character page, but still shows here and on the guild chat page that I"m still in my old guild, but won't log on b/c it says I'm not a member of that guild. It won't update to my new guild is what I'm saying. So it's not working. It's been days....

This is a server side caching issue. It should clear up after an hour or so. If it takes more than 24 hours, let me know.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I agree being able to see more in game information would be great. similarly when someone completes an achievement our guild congratulates that person. I see when people are doing that but I have no idea for what, the achievement should appear here just as it would in game. Also has you continue to build this app into the potential app we all know it can be: The ability to use the chat in landscape and multitasking would be great, i dont like having to leave my phone in the on position with the app open, let me check my facebook or my calendar and resume chat without people saying oh looks like so and so singed off only to quickly sign back on.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
I need to be able to see notes/officer notes for members that are online, just like I can in-game, because this is where information on who's who, "_______'s alt" etc, is stored. Without this information being able to do remote chat is next to worthless half the time because I cannot communicate with a specific individual who may be on an alt I'm not familiar with.

We have several officers and they all have like a full assortment of alts that they're frequently on.

10/17/2011 03:06 PMPosted by Leib
I agree being able to see more in game information would be great. similarly when someone completes an achievement our guild congratulates that person. I see when people are doing that but I have no idea for what, the achievement should appear here just as it would in game. Also has you continue to build this app into the potential app we all know it can be: The ability to use the chat in landscape and multitasking would be great, i dont like having to leave my phone in the on position with the app open, let me check my facebook or my calendar and resume chat without people saying oh looks like so and so singed off only to quickly sign back on.

Thanks for all the suggestions. After we release a Mobile Armory build to the public, we usually have a fresh one with new features in development and sometimes it's already in QA's hands. Everything mentioned above is a potential feature, though I wouldn't be able to say anything for certain.

As for multitasking, Leib, what specific issues are you encountering? In iOS, your character should be marked as Away for up to 30 minutes before being disconnected.
Edited by Wilebosk on 10/18/2011 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I've been having issues with the Remote Guild Chat constantly disconnecting. I will be there watching guild chat and it'll flag me as away then not away 8-10 times a minute, occasionally popping up a "You have been disconnected.." error. Sometimes it even goes so far as to say I'm using an incorrect log in when trying to reconnect (without me reentering my info, it happens when I'm flagged as "Away" and I click the "sign-in" button).

So far I've tried logging in, and logging out and uninstalling and reinstalling the armory app completely from both phone and iTunes and nothing seems to work.

I'm running this on an iPhone 4 with iOS 5 and the latest iTunes.
Edited by Lhykosidae on 10/24/2011 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
09/30/2011 07:24 PMPosted by Wilebosk

This is a server side caching issue. It should clear up after an hour or so. If it takes more than 24 hours, let me know.

Same issue here for me. Posting to add a time stamp for my reference.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
issue resolved
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
11/06/2011 07:38 AMPosted by Dordur
issue resolved

Thanks for the update. Our engineers have been working hard this past week to address connections issues.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
We also have a specific thread for connection issues resulting from a Guild Name Change: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3430810477
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
my armory app is preventing me to us the remote chat service when i connect to it it says realm is under maintanance when i click on the events calender it tells me my character has been inactive for too long so i decided to go to worldofwarcraft.com when i click on the events there it says 503 service currently unavailable pease help

also talked to 2 others they said there app is doing the same thing
Edited by Dontticklmeh on 12/7/2011 4:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I'm having the same issue. "Realm in Maintenance" for AH and can not connect to server for guild chat.
Edited by Rothillia on 12/7/2011 5:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
my armory app is preventing me to us the remote chat service when i connect to it it says realm is under maintanance when i click on the events calender it tells me my character has been inactive for too long so i decided to go to worldofwarcraft.com when i click on the events there it says 503 service currently unavailable pease help

also talked to 2 others they said there app is doing the same thing

I have the same exact issue but only on certain servers. Steamwheedle Cartel is an example of one that is not working for me, either via the Blizzard Website or Android Mobile Armory App.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I have the same issue it shows real under maintenance when the realm is up and cannot connect to guild chat either.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I am having the same issue, Ive left the guild I was in about 5 hours ago, joined a new one about a hour ago. Can't use Remote chat because of this.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
OK, the problem has been fixed after I woke up the next day.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Hi, I've been in my guild for the better part of 6 months (or more) so there's no issue with "I just joined my guild and it's not working..." but I constantly get connection timed out/disconnected from chat errors. I know there used to be an issue with Moon Guard when the app first came out, is that still the problem? I know my $2.99 mostly goes towards the AH part of mobile AH but it's irksome to not be able to access guild chat ever.
Reply Quote
Hello, not sure where to post this error but I thought I'd start here, as my main issue is not being able to access my Guild page and Guild Chat through Armoury.

When I go into Guild Chat it says "This character is not a member of a guild"..?

Last night about 12hrs ago from this post I changed to a new guild. When I'm in Armour on my Android Device the guild that shows up is my old one. However when I look at my character profile it shows as the new one. Similarly the level of my character in the Character list is showing as 1 lvl behind, but the full character profile shows as the updated lvl.

This might be a general WOW server issue because when I sign into these forums the icon beside my post says the old Guild and the old lvl, however if I go up to my full character details it seems to bring down more recent information.

It does not make sense why one is more updated than the other, if the mobile device is reading the information it should be able to update everything at once. But I'm guessing that the main screen and character list is feeding off the same information as does the forum/wow website character icons, where as if you go into your profile it then directly queries the main gain data..

Hoping someone can shed some light on these differences.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Zenaatos, let me know if you're still experiencing this issue. Should be resolved now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]