Remote Guild Chat Feedback and Bugs

100 Human Mage
I am having the issue of not even being logged in on my wow armory app and then logging into the game and saying next to my name in the zone remote chat which I am not even logged on. When i log onto my app and go to the guild chat and sign in it takes a long time to sign on but when I finally get to sign on to my guild chat and log off it changes my zone in game for like maybe a minute or two and then goes back to saying remote chat in my zone next to my name in guild. I have uninstalled the app twice and it is still doing it plz help I have the Samsung Galaxy 2 phone.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Same issue as above even if in game shows my toon on remote chat. I can log in on the phone and then out, change is seen on the roster and then 20sec later puts me back to remote chat. tried this on both Iphone and droid.
Reply Quote
45 Dwarf Paladin
I'm having the exact same issue please fix this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
WoW what a bunch of crying babies, first of all the service is free now and like with ALL apps there is going to be bugs, YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO USE IT, so if you dont like it GTFO! now stop you crying!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I have an iPhone 4S
OS 6.0.1
Not jailbroken.
AT&T
Mobile armory version 5.2
Having a problem connecting to guild chat. Always says cannot connect to server or server timed out. I haven't transferred my toon or anything. I know it was working last Sunday just fine. I been trying off and on from Wednesday to Friday to connect and still no luck. Everything else on the mobile armory seems to be working fine. It just won't let me connect to guild chat.
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Mage
For viewing here and for the Dev team as well. I know you are working on it but wanted to add some info just in case any of it was missed.

Remote Bugs and issues as of 12/26/2012
Had an issue before with is stating that the account was banned or locked but that only lasted until i reinstalled the app and then all of the following issues came up.

-App will not remember login or settings for the app.
-AH will not find anything when searching.
-AH will not show auctions that are active, sold and there are issues with posting new auctions.

I have not had any other issues besides these.
Hope this helps!
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
For viewing here and for the Dev team as well. I know you are working on it but wanted to add some info just in case any of it was missed.

Remote Bugs and issues as of 12/26/2012
Had an issue before with is stating that the account was banned or locked but that only lasted until i reinstalled the app and then all of the following issues came up.

-App will not remember login or settings for the app.
-AH will not find anything when searching.
-AH will not show auctions that are active, sold and there are issues with posting new auctions.

I have not had any other issues besides these.
Hope this helps!

What device model, OS version, and Mobile Armory version do you have? Can you describe in more detail the problems you're having with searching the auction house?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Hello,

I am running the app on a Droid Razr using Jellybean and Mobile Armory version 5.2.0.

When I first started using the app it would log me into the chat no problems, although when my phone screen turned off, the app would close. It is still doing this, and I have to keep my phone screen from turning off in order to stay logged in (although sometimes I get disconnected anyways, and don't even know it.)

Now I have been having a hard time logging into the chat. I can usually get into the mobile armory and auction house, but the remote chat does not connect.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
iPhone 5 running Armory 5.2

Can access every part of the Mobile app, except guild chat. It times out trying to connect. It won't stay connected during the 1/100 times it will connect. It also doesn't tell me I've been disconnected. Chat just goes dead, and I'm left to assume my guildies hate me (which might be true)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've skimmed through some of these threads and haven't seen my specific issue yet.

Unlike other users, I generally don't have an issue connecting to the armory. If I do, hitting "Retry" will eventually connect me. And the same goes when attempting to sign into guild chat. It will always log me in after a few attempts.

My issue is that while I'm connected to guild chat, the app disconnects and reconnects me constantly. Even in the midst of typing to the guild or typing a whisper, it is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting me making it very obnoxious to communicate. It makes no difference where I'm connecting from. I can be at home, at work, using 4G, or using WiFi.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2.
A guildmate reported he has the same issue on his iPhone and iPod, but not on his Samsung Galaxy S3.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
I've skimmed through some of these threads and haven't seen my specific issue yet.

Unlike other users, I generally don't have an issue connecting to the armory. If I do, hitting "Retry" will eventually connect me. And the same goes when attempting to sign into guild chat. It will always log me in after a few attempts.

My issue is that while I'm connected to guild chat, the app disconnects and reconnects me constantly. Even in the midst of typing to the guild or typing a whisper, it is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting me making it very obnoxious to communicate. It makes no difference where I'm connecting from. I can be at home, at work, using 4G, or using WiFi.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2.
A guildmate reported he has the same issue on his iPhone and iPod, but not on his Samsung Galaxy S3.

This is a a similar side effect that others are experiencing. You are simply more persistent in retrying the login. I'm not entirely certain what is wrong with the servers at the moment, but we have been and continue to investigate the matter.

We had a number of nearly identical issues last year, one of which had to do with guild naming conventions, which required changes on WoW's side. Hopefully we will have this resolved soon. Sorry!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
This is a fairly old thread, but I was wondering if maybe there would be support for a feature that EQ2 used to have in their launcher(that they've subsequently removed).

You used to be able to access chat from the launcher, before logging in.

Since their launcher worked like the b.net launcher currently can to a degree, with the saved login, you could actualy use the chat feature from the launcher.

I think this would be an interesting idea, but it may require another feature that their launcher also has: the ability to select a character from a dropdown list to auto log into when pressing the Play button. Choosing a character would pick the guild you want to remotely chat with.

Just a suggestion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
[item="human gear" /]
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I have been searching for the correct place to post this issue. My wow Mobile app opens, connects, lists current gold and level, I can claim good, use the AH. But for some reason the guild portion is not working. Do you foresee this issue being resolved soon? Tks
Edited by Aerodynamix on 7/24/2014 7:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
It may be guild specific... my previous guild could not at all be viewed in the mobile app... BUT remote guild chat worked just fine.

Both worked just fine in my new guild except after the "16 hours of breaking stuff" this past Tuesday, remote chat is broken, while still allowing me to look at roster etc.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
That's interesting because I used to be able to use it all the time.
Reply Quote
94 Worgen Warrior
I get cannot connect to chat servers at this time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Matthew Secord
I want to talk to someone NOW.
#1 5 minutes ago
Matthew Secord

I pay money and i want a response.I want a phone number and I want to hold whomever is responsible for the armory app. I give you guys my mo
(1 minute ago) #2
Matthew Secord
I am going to post this lack of response back on the forums.

No One cares.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]