Survival PVE Guide (4.1)

(Locked)

87 Tauren Hunter
Do you have one for BM?
85 Night Elf Hunter
04/30/2011 03:54 PMPosted by Sturmreiter
Regarding Serpent Spread: Wouldn't 2/2 do more damage since Imp. Serpent Sting deals damage based on the total damage Serpent Sting will do (thus getting an extra 3 seconds would be that much more damage from Multishot)? Or is it not as good as...something else I could drop that hanging point in...

The extra 3 sec that 2/2 Serpent Spread gives you is wasted because by then you are refreshing it when you use Multi-Shot again. A 2nd point in Serpent Spread is a waste of a talent point.
90 Troll Hunter
05/02/2011 07:51 AMPosted by Bikini
Regarding Serpent Spread: Wouldn't 2/2 do more damage since Imp. Serpent Sting deals damage based on the total damage Serpent Sting will do (thus getting an extra 3 seconds would be that much more damage from Multishot)? Or is it not as good as...something else I could drop that hanging point in...

The extra 3 sec that 2/2 Serpent Spread gives you is wasted because by then you are refreshing it when you use Multi-Shot again. A 2nd point in Serpent Spread is a waste of a talent point.
He / She was under the assumption that the imp SrS proc works off the Serpent spread dot duration.

Imp Serpent Sting when applied with multi shot does it's damage based off of a full serpent sting duration. It does not work off the Serpent Spread duration so the second point is wasted.
05/02/2011 07:38 AMPosted by Protecter
Do you have one for BM?

It is something that I would like to create. I have been raiding as BM just so I could get more of a first hand experience. I hadnt really done that much extensive raiding as BM since BC. I dont want to write a guide based all on theory. I like to be able to explain things from a raiding prespective.

A BM guide is in my plans before the release of Firelands, unless someone else creates one first =]

Hope this guide and the MM guide have at least been somewhat helpful.

Happy Hunting
-Kalilah
87 Tauren Hunter
Kalilah
too me BM has been doing the best dps for me so far 14k without heroism on grim batol bosses and etc and MM is only like 10-13k am I doing something wrong or is it am just better with BM lol?
Kalilah
too me BM has been doing the best dps for me so far 14k without heroism on grim batol bosses and etc and MM is only like 10-13k am I doing something wrong or is it am just better with BM lol?

MM is very buff dependent. If you are missing a couple key buffs, especially 10% attack speed you will see a drop in dps. MM typically shines in 10/25 mans where all buffs are covered.

BM is certainly a viable raiding spec, in fact I have been raiding BM on several of our fights to provide the 3% dmg increase buff.

90 Troll Hunter
Bump again! Moderator please see this and sticky it so this guide can be visible to all hunters looking to pve as surv.
90 Goblin Hunter
05/02/2011 09:17 PMPosted by Eotechb
Bump again! Moderator please see this and sticky it so this guide can be visible to all hunters looking to pve as surv.

What he said.
Maybe I should hire a promoter =]

Someone to go spam everyone for me.
90 Pandaren Hunter

But, if you got a promoter, you'd also need an entourage. Pick Me!

Hired. Do you accept payment in the form of virtual cookies? Your choice?
90 Pandaren Hunter

Hired. Do you accept payment in the form of virtual cookies? Your choice?

Oh, I eat them all, Chocolate Cookie, Fortune Cookie, Gingerbread Cookie, even Winter Veil Cookie.
90 Goblin Hunter
Lylirra, please stop messing with the new WoW Guild Chat app at work and sticky this thread.
90 Troll Hunter
Can I get an internship in this campaign to sticky this? I need it bad!
85 Night Elf Hunter
good job
(liked and requested)
Edited by Fak on 5/3/2011 7:42 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
05/03/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Chilk
I hope you're the author of the thread on the EJ forums because you basically ripped off a lot of data on their and added a couple things of your own then called it yours...

If they've got correct information, almost all strategy threads for a spec should be relatively similar in terms of data- that's not ripping off, that's compiling accurate information in a single location.

If you're claiming the wording is somehow ripped off I have to wonder if you've read the EJ thread- this thread's style and wording has a lot more in common with the MM thread on this forum (by the same author not surprisingly) than with the content of the EJ thread.

Esoth is the author of the EJ SV thread and I doubt he'd have any complaint with the contents of this post, and these forums have needed stickies for all specs for a long time. Kalilah has done this forum a huge favor by taking on the task of doing not this thread but also the MM thread (and possibly a BM thread in the future).
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]