Survival PVE Guide (4.1)

(Locked)

100 Goblin Shaman
Sticky requested :). They FINALLY added the option.
Edited by Jujubiju on 5/7/2011 8:46 AM PDT
90 Goblin Hunter
How many times do I have to request for a sticky?
23 Dwarf Priest
voted "Thumbs Up" on all posts and requested for sticky. Great Guide once again!
90 Dwarf Hunter

Oh yes, I sometimes give our tank entrapment for the aberrations, but not on the black phase. Although I'm considering switching to MM for heroic Maloriak for the extra burst AoE from rapid fire.

We ended up getting heroic Mal down tonight. I did end up switching to MM for the fight. I think with the changes MM is better than SV on this fight for 3 reasons:
1) Since the black phase adds are kited a lot, explosive trap can't really get the full value
2) Threat is tight on the black phase at the start, having readiness allows for 2 MDs which makes things a lot smoother
3) Having 2 rapid fires with the extra focus regen on that fight makes a huge difference in burst on the adds.

I'm not sure if my AoE damage was any better than SV, but it certainly wasn't noticably worse, and combined with the extra MD we had much better control on the adds.

That being said, if your group needs the haste buff, SV is obviously better, but if you tend to swap between specs and use SV for AoE fights, this is one AoE fight where MM may make more sense.
Edited by Zeherah on 5/8/2011 6:47 PM PDT
85 Worgen Hunter
I do have a quick trinket question: Fluid Death vs. the DMC? Since the update in 4.1 is the DMC a better choice, with the way Mastery scales with the proc. Exclusive of the hit you get from the trinket, a consrant 321 agility vs. the build up to 380 agility (it does drop off if you sitch targets)? I have run the 2 through Female Dwarf, but was looking more for real world experience from the members of the hunter community.
90 Pandaren Hunter
05/09/2011 04:54 AMPosted by Alindal
I do have a quick trinket question: Fluid Death vs. the DMC? Since the update in 4.1 is the DMC a better choice, with the way Mastery scales with the proc. Exclusive of the hit you get from the trinket, a consrant 321 agility vs. the build up to 380 agility (it does drop off if you sitch targets)? I have run the 2 through Female Dwarf, but was looking more for real world experience from the members of the hunter community.

Assuming that Fluid Death operates in the same manner that Tia's Grace works, and all indications on Wowhead point to that conclusion. Switching targets does not cause this buff to drop off. The buff (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92104) will only fall off if you do not attack anything for 15 seconds.

If you want to compare Agility only, then you would have to take Fluid Death over the DMC. The ramp up to 380 Agility is less than 10 seconds, and is active throughout an entire fight.

The question should be stated, is the 59 Agility from Fluid Death worth more or less than the extra proc damage from the Darkmoon Card? FD should give fairly accurate results on this question.

I would imagine Fluid Death would be better if you cannot find enough Hit on your gear and DMC would be better if you have sufficient Hit from gear.
90 Goblin Hunter
05/08/2011 06:17 AMPosted by Aerrin
Giving my daily sticky request and bump.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
stickie it please... bump
90 Draenei Hunter
Adding another bump and another sticky request. The hunter forums need more things like this.
90 Goblin Hunter
What ^ said.
85 Human Hunter
Requested a sticky to help my fellow hunters out :)
90 Night Elf Druid
Stealth bumping on mah drood (they'll never know!)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]