Anyone hear watch anime?

84 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm looking for some goods ones to watch? Do any of you have any suggestions? I'd prefer something that is complete, or has a lot of episodes out if it's ongoing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
NARUTO #1 ANIME
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood #1*
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
gurren lagann
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
I just finished Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and it started fairly boring and I was going to drop it because I thought it was just another Sailor Moon Magical Girl crapfactory, but it got really, really good.

It was like Evangelion, kinda. Minus the robots.

And Star Driver. If you like robots.
Edited by Antipodus on 4/26/2011 6:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Posting for Miserabilia, since he's on vacation right now. He says his choices are Elfen Lied and Darker Than Black.

My personal favorites are Mononoke (NOT Princess Mononoke) and Gankutsuou (The Count of Monte Cristo as an anime), though be warned both are pretty artsy.

Gurren Lagann is excellent, and I've had Mahou Shouko Madoka Magica recommended to me along with Umineko. I like Soul Eater, too. Miserabilia's choices are both good. Some others, uh, Black Lagoon, FLCL, Mai Hime...that's all that comes to mind right now. :X If you like movies, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is pretty amazing.
Edited by Aceria on 4/26/2011 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sword of the Stranger is easily one of the best anime movies ever created. I strongly recommend watching it.
Edited by Beckwin on 4/26/2011 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
04/26/2011 07:07 PMPosted by Aceria
Umineko

Don't bother with that one unless you're a fan of the franchise, pretty sure anything Studio Deen has churned out has been total garbage.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I recently watched like 22 episodes of this kid literally just going into space and picking up trash. I forgot what it was called, but that is all that happened.

I also may have skipped every episode but the first two or three, but still.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
Planetes, I think.

Haven't watched it but that sounds like it
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
^ Planet 8 maybe. Anyhow, I loved FMA. I liked the last airbender as well, if that counts as anime. Beyond that...I don't really watch.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Woe
Darker Than Black.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Rogue
Haha, I've already seen most of those posted on here unfortunately.

FMA, 2006 and 2009 are both amazing.
Darker Than Black was good, I didn't care much for the second season of it though.
Gurren Lagen is quite epicly over the top. Loved it.
I need to finish watching the 2nd season of Black Butler. I've only seen 6 or so eps of it.
Elfen Lied was the 3rd anime I ever watched. That alone is responcible for desensitizing me haha.
I gave Star Driver a try, but couldn't really get into it. I tend to not like mechs. The exceptions to this rule are Code Geass and the more recent Infinite Stratos (although this is more of a harem than a mech).

Oh, I guess I should have posted this with this thread, although it hasn't been updated in about 6 months. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Insanerabbit

And Naruto is horrible.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (if yu count that)

• Now and Then, Here and There

• Kino's Journey

• The Girl who Leapt Through Time

• Pretty much any Hayao Miyazaki movie

• Soul Eater (Like FMA, the story splits about halfway through, while the anime was good, manga is better (and ongoing))

• Hellsing Ultimate (Different than the regular Hellsing)

• Some classics but always good such as Cowboy Bebop and Trigun

• Abenoboshi: Magic Shopping Arcade

• The Illusionist (2010)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
Hellsing Ultimate follows the manga, it's WAY better than the original anime series.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
!*%% you if you didn't like Star Driver.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
04/26/2011 07:08 PMPosted by Beckwin
Sword of the Stranger is easily one of the best anime movies ever created. I strongly recommend watching it.

Never thought I'd actually enjoy something you post. Thanks!

Going off your list and some of the *@!% I've watched recently...

Ergo Proxy, Summer Wars, Paprika, the Rorouni Kenshin OVA's are spectacular (didnt like the series much,) Slayers too if you like older stuff
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Anyone hear watch anime?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Woe
Claymore was pretty good too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]