Anyone hear watch anime?

84 Blood Elf Rogue
I still haven't managed to watch School Days yet. 3 of my friends spent a night watch it...and they were depressed for weeks. WEEKS!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Woe
I'm not sure how it can depress you. Amaze you that someone could come up with such a convoluted ending, maybe, but on the other hand this is the Japanese we're talking about.
Edited by Antipodus on 5/5/2011 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Woe
Oh yeah, go check out Cromartie High School. Dub or sub, doesn't matter. It's funny as hell.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Rogue
Eh, maybe I'll look for an English version of the visual novel then.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
You alll should drop what you are watch and go watch Mudoka magica.

Manlyest anime ever.

Also let not forget about the awesome berserk Movie coming this summer.
Edited by Maylen on 5/5/2011 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
05/05/2011 10:02 AMPosted by Maylen
Also let not forget about the awesome berserk Movie coming this summer.

Movie? I heard about them redoing the series (zomg can't wait) but I haven't heard about a movie coming out for it.
Edited by Dinokaze on 5/5/2011 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
watch evangelion the ending was so damn bad that they redid it into an ova which had 15 minutes of real life footage of people in a gymnasium in japan:/ But somehow the show still managed to be amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I watched Claymore without any background knowledge. I thought it was badass and kept getting better, until the prevalence of tentacle-finger combat. Then the 26 episodes finished open ended as can be, I need conclusion so that sucked.

Netflix keeps telling me to try D. Gray-man, what's the word on that series?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
D. Gray Man isn't actually that good of an anime IMO. After reading the manga and then switching off to the anime I was pretty disappointed. It didn't feel as dark and cruel, which is what made me like the manga.

But I only bothered to watch the first 5-10 episodes, so if someone knows if they got closer to the manga in terms of atmosphere please say so.
Edited by Avieus on 5/7/2011 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Woe
D Gray Man manga started out decently but holy #**@ I've never seen something get so unreadable so quickly. It makes pretty much zero sense now and due to changes in art styles and a suddenly enormous cast I have the hardest time telling who some of the characters are.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm actually currently on episode 81 of D.Gray man and I think it's really good but it does get a bit stale but picks up again and gets really good around episode 50. i'm not done it so i can't say anything definitive about it but i think it's worth watching.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
05/06/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Quenthel
watch evangelion the ending was so damn bad that they redid it into an ova which had 15 minutes of real life footage of people in a gymnasium in japan:/ But somehow the show still managed to be amazing.

If you think the originally ending to Evangelion is bad, then please go get a brain and watch the series again. It's perfect.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Also my guilty pleasure is one piece.

Don't hate me guys I don't know what I'd do if you guys hated me.
Edited by Avieus on 5/7/2011 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
No the reason the ending was the way it was is because they ran out of money so all they did was threw together old clips and added a narrative hence them making the ova to replace it once they had some. But yeah 2 of the Rebuild of Evangelion movies are out and damn is it good so far.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I feel plot vomit is NECESSARY to an anime. I haven't watched an anime just for the action since I was like 10 and watching DBZ. If I'm ever playing a video game, reading a book, or watching a TV show, it's for the plot and the character development. Evangelion's ending is a spectacular example of the latter.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
When your done with them send em over my way I want a turn, and Asuka in her eva ##@!ing the white eva's up in end was wicked
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]