Satchel of Exotic Mysteries? someone explain?

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Ok I been doing the whole call to arms. Aceepting RDF when Satchel of Exotic Mysteries is on my DF list. I have YET to see this damn thing after completing a dungeon! I am getting my valor points just fine but have yet to see Satchel of Exotic Mysteries!

Is there a bug with this does anyone know how the hell this system works? Does it need to still be on the RDF window at the end of your current dungeon to get it at the end? I am sick of accepting and racking up my repair bill for these damn bags and dealing with horrible dps and then not getting it in the end!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's currently bugged, and likely in more than one way. First off, are you kicking people? there's a current bug where you don't get the satchel if a member leaves the group. Secondly, I believe there may potentially be a bug where the satchel only spawns if the cta is active at the time the last boss is killed, we'll have to wait for the hotfix unfortunately
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I've run 4 heroics that I queued on the RDF alone. ZA, and three pre 4.1 heroics. No dice. Nice job blizzard, they've had an ace up their sleeve all along and we're the fools. Not a single Satchel has entered my inventory.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I can see all the DPS refusing to sign up for randoms until they see the Call to Arms and that would be really funny.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
04/26/2011 08:41 PMPosted by Hippolaitus
It's currently bugged, and likely in more than one way. First off, are you kicking people? there's a current bug where you don't get the satchel if a member leaves the group. Secondly, I believe there may potentially be a bug where the satchel only spawns if the cta is active at the time the last boss is killed, we'll have to wait for the hotfix unfortunately

Probably not too far off but we haven't been able to reproduce the situation yet on our internal servers, which is a necessary step in pinpointing the issue. There's definitely something wrong, it's just finding the catalyst and then devising a solution. Rest assured there are many people working overnight to resolve this and other issues.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Warrior
Cool. I want me stuff!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
04/26/2011 08:49 PMPosted by Bashiok

Probably not too far off but we haven't been able to reproduce the situation yet on our internal servers, which is a necessary step in pinpointing the issue. There's definitely something wrong, it's just finding the catalyst and then devising a solution. Rest assured there are many people working overnight to resolve this and other issues.

A. CtA dropping before dungeon finishing
B. Kicking a player for whatever reason causes the remaining group to queue as a group thus CtA does not apply
C. CtA is evil and had become self-aware

I think it's one of those.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight

I don't mean to sound brash, because I'm sure it was a complex system to make, but couldn't you have achieved the same effect in addition to it being more stable with a buff?

If you choose a CtA role, you get a buff for as long as you're in the queue and (of course) dungeon. When the final boss is killed, it consumes the buff and gives you a Satchel.
If you leave the queue or dungeon group, you lose the buff.

This way you gain the reward when you queue at the proper time of need and it is a personal buff that no leavers or change in CtA status can remove.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
04/26/2011 08:54 PMPosted by Haktwua
B. Kicking a player for whatever reason causes the remaining group to queue as a group thus CtA does not apply

Not sure. I did ZA and got the CtA as a healer. We kicked a Ret paladin who was disconnected for a long time. When the thing finally was finished, the bag was in my pocket.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/26/2011 09:15 PMPosted by Vikpriest
this little issue didn't crop up in your months of testing?
Testing environments are nowhere near the same as millions upon millions of people crowding around to use your services. Software Testing 101 beats this furiously into your head.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I got mine before.

Got Gold and some inferno rubies.

The group i was with i felt never did a cata dungeon - but w/e - if its implemented to help the needy and thats the reward I get - i'll do it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

There isn't any chance one of those mysterious letters in game will say they found our bags floating around in space?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]