Fps dropping <3 blizzard

85 Night Elf Warrior
Fps down to 10.. ive finished downloading, bandwidth is still 400mbs ~ cant do anything with this fps.. fix your *%#! IM NOT PLAYING WITH ANY ADDONS ON EITHER
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
fix this >.<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My fps was up to 88 on a flight path but nothing other than the sky was loading.. then once i started walking it dropped to 2 fps then locked up and wouldn't budge, same on multiple servers.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Im haveing the same problem, the restarts didnt help at all.
Havent been able to play all day. Q bloody Q.
Help blizz
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you give us detailed information about your computer, the FPS you're seeing and where you're at inside the game? I dropped down to about 20ish last night from a multitude of dying addons and went up to 60 FPS (vsync capped) all throughout ZG after yanking them out. I still had SUF giving me problems whenever casting a pet but... it didn't kill my FPS at least :)

I can see some lower-end and integrated video card struggling on some of the boss' special effects but I really need details :(

Keyboard not detected!
Press F1 to resume
A Steamy Romance Novel http://www.surveymk.com/s/RHXXKHK
Edited by Datth on 4/27/2011 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Datth....

Really? Are you not looking at other Forum posts? Try this one:
"major lag/freezing after patching 4.1". It has 6 pages of examples for you. The long and short of it... no matter what type of hardware (I'm using high end iMac with ATI GPU) and the second i start a fight, my FPS goes from 114 to .5! This is happening everywhere! Doing quests, do instances, you name it it does happens

This is all after the patch updates are done... clearly something is broken with the patch.
Edited by Fjorren on 4/27/2011 6:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
My game freezes when I enter a battleground..... I have to tab out and shut wow down through the task manager.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I was absent yesterday, don't see any known issues in about framerate loss in our list of stuff or our test systems experiencing it and my group/guild did not experience it last night. If we get one here we can totally dig deeper but we don't have such a system having FPS loss. We can't really test it in detail unless we know what people are running.

We see way more people complaining about instance server problems than something like FPS.

Keyboard not detected!
Press F1 to resume
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Datth... Help me help you... what do you need to know? i experienced this personally last night for 7 hours! I was in TB on Dentarg doing the daily quests and the second I cast, my frame rate dropped to .5 from average 110. I was in Thundermar doing dailies and when I cast, same thing. I tried to do a random, I was in BRC and the second we engaged a boss, same thing. Do you need more places??
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
I have only done battlegrounds myself, but I'm with the rest of the crowd as far as zero addons, deleted usual folders and checked and unchecked the optimize button. Up until yesterday all was great and now I get very close to 1800 ms (world) in every BG I step into. Pretty much unplayable currently.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
04/27/2011 07:05 AMPosted by Fjorren
Datth... Help me help you... what do you need to know? i experienced this personally last night for 7 hours! I was in TB on Dentarg doing the daily quests and the second I cast, my frame rate dropped to .5 from average 110. I was in Thundermar doing dailies and when I cast, same thing. I tried to do a random, I was in BRC and the second we engaged a boss, same thing. Do you need more places??
Computer info. A dxdiag dump would be helpful.

04/27/2011 07:09 AMPosted by Fundage
I have only done battlegrounds myself, but I'm with the rest of the crowd as far as zero addons, deleted usual folders and checked and unchecked the optimize button. Up until yesterday all was great and now I get very close to 1800 ms (world) in every BG I step into. Pretty much unplayable currently.
That's not framerate.

Keyboard not detected!
Press F1 to resume
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
a guildy had same issue changed all settings to low then back to ultra problem fixed
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Pre patch I was averaging 40-60FPS and after patch... after deleting all addons, checking my internet connection, switching all settings to low.. I jump from 25-30 FPS down to 1-6 FPS roughly every 10-15min if I'm not doing anything or everytime I get into combat. Heroics are a no-go. By the second pull i'm frozen and unable to heal causing death to the group... I'm not very computer savvy but I know that pre patch everything was working wonderfully. Please help meh!
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
04/27/2011 07:10 AMPosted by datth
That's not framerate.

My fps drops to between 1 and 5 for me since the patch. If it's not all still related to this oddball ms that creeped up since patching I apologize, but still an issue and is a post patch issue. I'll try to keep my eyes peeled on here or follow the other posts I imagine - but wasn't a problem until 4.1.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
I had the same problem, i put shadow detail at low and it jumped from 16 to 60, I even tried to put it at fair, was still 16, so shadow detail resolve the problem, however, its not normal to get low now when it was high before
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There is no dialog, with multiple toons i log in and not even in combat my fps is slammed down to 2/min, on my higher level i log in and its fine, i get into combat and it drops to 1-3 fps, my settings are all already at the lowest possible, and my home lat is 40's and world is 130's.
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

I was maxing out at a whopping 4 fps after the patch. I tried addons/no addons, deleted cache & wtf folders and lowered my graphics with absolutely no success. I pretty much just gave up last night.

This morning however I disabled vertical sync in the graphics options and VOILA! All is back to normal.

Hope this helps some frustrated player out there...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Changing the shadow detail from fair to low worked for me as well. I had changed it to fair last night and was still consistently getting 2-5 fps in Stormwind and not much better anywhere else.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Tried disabling Vertical Sync and it worked well for about 5 min, shot my FPS up from 30ish to 50ish but still same result after a few minutes... back down to 3fps. Yayyy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]