Guild Bank Log Data?

90 Human Paladin
Will more extensive guild bank log data - like what used to be available on the old armory site a long, long time ago - be available through the new API?

<crosses fingers "...please say yes, please say yes, please say yes...">
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
No. We currently don't have any plans to expose guild bank log data through an API.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
The best way I can find to do this is to use the wowstead guild bank syncher addon. It creates a file with the contents of the GB in it. You can then use this how you see fit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The wowstead feature won't cover what used to be available. You used to be able to go on the armory and see/sort the last ~450 transactions that took place in the gbank rather than being limited to the in-game log of the last 25 transactions. With over 200 accounts and almost 600 toons in my guild, the in game log is useless.

I was hoping with the new focus and importance of guilds in Cata that the devs would give the ability effectively manage the gbank back to the GM's again. I would like to allow people to deposit directly into the gbank again, since I have to have all deposits go through a guild bank alt to keep up with who does and does not do their part contributing to the gbank.

I don't understand why this went away in the first place. Every thread ever posting on the topic has only been met with people in guild leadership asking for the feature to be brought back. I don't get it...

Oh well. Guess I just have to keep burning play time and tracking it in my "geekbook" by my keyboard as my 12 year old daughter calls it...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Incidentally devs - people have been waiting over a year to hear why this went away in the first place. I think some type of official response would be nice at this point:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1406251126
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
I don't understand why this went away in the first place. Every thread ever posting on the topic has only been met with people in guild leadership asking for the feature to be brought back. I don't get it...

Don't stress out: nothing is set in stone.

At the end of the day, we only have enough time and resources to accomplish a limited number of features. We've got a list of things that we "must complete" for the API and that list includes features like character data and guild data. There is also a set of features that includes things that we want to do to improve the health and performance of the system. Just below those two categories of features is the "nice to haves", and frankly, this sort of feature falls into that category.

With that said, as we roll out features and components, we'll continually look at what we can slot in and release. I've added guild bank logs to the backlog and I'll make sure that we consider it as a feature to develop and deploy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/28/2011 08:33 AMPosted by Straton
Just below those two categories of features is the "nice to haves", and frankly, this sort of feature falls into that category.

Technically speaking, it would fall in the "Nice to have back" category, which by my development schema puts it in front of all the "nice to haves":

Have ------- Nice to have back ------- Nice to have ------ Will never happen

:D
Edited by Oxoxoxoxen on 4/28/2011 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
If you have any constructive feedback, please send it along. We are always looking for was to improve our services.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Agree w. Straton - our guild *really* needs something to allow us to track net givers vs. net takers. Please consider restoring bank logs for at least the past 48 hours and a way to export to CSV.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I have just explored couple of threads of people begging for this feature to come back, this thread is only one Ive found with blue response. If not bring back somewhat full function of old wow armory type guild logs , or at least implement something where guild leads/officers can see at least more than the last 2 seconds of info (in cases of big guilds). Really what is the point of even having it all, once your past a certain point you just tell your guild o well cant keep track of log so cant promote/demote on merit of helping out guild bank. I personally think this is a valuable tool that needs sum sort of update/resurrection. Possibly a system of achievments/status for guild bank contributors/abusers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
All of this is a matter of perspective, though. What's "important" to you might not be important to the majority of stakeholders in the API project. What you perceive as "easy" might not be quite as simple as you think, even if this was a feature that was implemented before on the old armory.

The fact that you've suggested the idea, and Straton confirmed that it's on their backlog, should be enough for you for now. A project backlog is sorted by priority as determined by the team doing the work; see his post above for an explanation on how his team (possibly a team of one) ranks work item priority.

Tl;dr: They'll get to it, eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/29/2011 03:24 AMPosted by Chalyss
The fact that you've suggested the idea, and Straton confirmed that it's on their backlog, should be enough for you for now.

WTB Armory gbank log rez...

The frustrating part is it has been down since Feb 16, 2010, so it has been in the backlog for over 18 months now.

Unfortunately, this really won't fall under the public API because WHEN (keep hope alive) they do bring it back, it will be information that is protected behind the user login, since they will not want to share the gbank contents with all the hackers. But it is still part of the website and Straton is a major player in developing the web framework...

Straton, aren't you now past the "must haves" you referenced above so you can focus on the "nice to have back" items? C'mon man, you know you want to bring the logs back.

Do it.

I double dog dare you.

:D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
View the known issues sticky. There are alot of "Must haves" that are left. Guild Activity, Character Activity to name a few. The fact that he said he will address it when his team has time, is very important as it means it's on the watch board. Harassing, and annoying him is probably not the best way to get it attention though.

There are many of us waiting for our features to be implemented that we are relying upon that we can't use since the old armory went down. We're waiting patiently, you should do the same.
Edited by Kieble on 8/30/2011 9:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
04/28/2011 08:33 AMPosted by Straton
At the end of the day, we only have enough time and resources to accomplish a limited number of features.

I'm always lookin for a better job.. *nudge nudge* =)
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
04/28/2011 10:18 AMPosted by Straton
If you have any constructive feedback, please send it along. We are always looking for was to improve our services.

In any medium to large guild not having access to in depth logging greatly reduces the usability of that guild bank.

How does anyone know who is contributing and who is abusing? How does on "police" a guild bank, typically used to store guild acquired high value items, without knowing where resources are going?

This is an important metric for guild leaders to be able to fully utilize in game features which I cannot stress enough.

One would hope the message from the community goes from "meh it would be nice" to "This is a VERY important feature we'd like to have back" from your eyes to the team's ears.

Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team

I'm always lookin for a better job.. *nudge nudge* =)

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=1100022
Reply Quote
I support above statements. I have a small guild, and it's still hard to track how much goes out, vs. how much comes in. Guild drama is bad for everyone. Having complete and accurate tools to track the gbank is a great way to stamp our drama by catching abusers, rewarding contributors, and knowing where to safely set repairs and withdraws.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/30/2011 08:19 PMPosted by Serraka
Having complete and accurate tools to track the gbank is a great way to stamp our drama by catching abusers, rewarding contributors, and knowing where to safely set repairs and withdraws.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Heck, we can't even track down a guild bank thief who transfers or gquits+renames.

All we can do, as a guild, is ensure we have organized tabs and appropriate permissions/ranks. Then hope real hard that nobody puts something valuable in a lower-permission slot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How tough would it be to expand the in-game log to the previous 48 hours?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/14/2011 10:07 AMPosted by Dillybear
How tough would it be to expand the in-game log to the previous 48 hours?

post this in the game sugestion forum .. also one way is to have open access for viewing and have a "bank manager" who recives requests and mails out items..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]