New Fishing/Cooking Dailies

85 Night Elf Hunter
Do we have to pick a city to do one Fishing and Cooking daily?
After doing the normal Stormwind dailies, none of the other cities offered any Fishing or Cooking dailies. Unless we're also getting Earthen Ring portals in the other cities, there's no incentive to leave Stormwind or Orgrimmar and travel all that way for the same dailies we can complete in Stormwind or Orgrimmar. It would be a much better addition to be able to do 1 Fishing and 1 Cooking daily per city instead.
Reply Quote
I don't believe the purpose was to allow people to do multiple cooking and fishing dailies per day, but that it was to allow people who didn't want to hang out in Orgrimmar or Stormwind to have easy access to these dailies.

While it's true that for the most part, people are still going to remain in Org/SW because of the portals, I assume the new dailies were implemented more for the 1-60 players, rather than the 85s. Speaking for myself, my troll warlock that I leveled up after Cata released leveled purely in Eastern Kingdoms (as I had already done the new Kalimdor content on my goblin priest), so she was hearthed in Undercity instead of Org. It was too much hassle to take the zep back to Org every day to do the dailies, so I pretty much skipped them entirely, which meant I reached 80 with maybe 2 cooking tokens to my name. It would have been great if I had been able to do dailies in UC while leveling her up.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Zen
Did they not add portals to the other cities? I don't understand the concept of "equalizing" things then. I'd rather hang out in TB, but not if it doesn't have portals.
Reply Quote
04/27/2011 01:38 PMPosted by Shankley
Did they not add portals to the other cities? I don't understand the concept of "equalizing" things then. I'd rather hang out in TB, but not if it doesn't have portals.

Well, again, I think the idea was to spread out some of the lower level population. (I'm guessing.) THey did not add portals to the other cities, but they added dailies, profession trainers and vendors that were missing in the other cities to *all* cities. In other words, at this point, there is absolutely no reason a level 35 character needs to be in Org if they can get everything they need (at that level) in UC or TB. (I don't think they added dailies to SMC or Exodar, but really, those places are so far out of the way that no one goes there anyway. ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]