WoW keeps shutting down as soon as I log in.

(Locked)

36 Blood Elf Mage
Like I said, Every time I try to log in to the game, I'll get through everything, then when I enter world, I'll go and maybe be able to take a step, then the game just shuts off. I uninstalled all of my addons, but it's still happening. It's extremely frustrating.
36 Blood Elf Mage
Also, I forgot to mention that just about every time I launch wow I have to accept the agreements, and my authenticator isn't there every single time.
85 Human Warrior
Kinda sounds like the patch download screwed up something somewhere...You could try redownloading the patch, but I doubt that'd have any affect...effect...one of those.
Edited by Alurior on 4/27/2011 5:59 PM PDT
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
04/27/2011 05:52 PMPosted by Vaedronis
Also, I forgot to mention that just about every time I launch wow I have to accept the agreements, and my authenticator isn't there every single time.

Try this :

Select the wow folder in the finder and go Command - I (or Right Click -> Get Info or File ->Get Info)

On the bottom right hand corner is a small golden lock. Click and put in an Admin username and password. It will unlock to denote changes can be made.

Next in the section on the bottom "Sharing & Permissions" make sure all the pop up menus under the Privilege are all set to "Read & Write"

Next go to the control on the bottom left hand side (3rd from the Left). It's got a little icon of a cogwheel. Press it to make a little pop up come up and select "Apply to enclosed items". This will apply the permissions to the files inside.

Just close the Get Info window when done.

Then open from the Launcher.

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
Here to Help :)
Edited by Bluspacecow on 4/28/2011 3:28 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The same issue just started happening for me, though I don't have to accept the user agreement everytime.
Blizzard Employee
This is an old thread from 2011. Can you create a new post with newer information? This will help us in providing better solutions.

Thanks.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]