4.1 horse animation change (rocking horse)

(Locked)

85 Dwarf Death Knight
04/27/2011 06:53 PMPosted by Daxxarri
It's possible for a small change to have far reaching and unanticipated consequences. Sometimes you resolve one issue, only to be confronted with another.

The butterfly effect...

85 Dwarf Warlock
I also want to mention the positioning of our characters on saddles on mounts... They are very off, and not centered... So also please fix this. I think all characters of all races should be "centered" on the saddle on ALL mounts and not be sitting at the back of the saddle or the front of it or even inside it.
Thanks in advance.
90 Draenei Paladin
Have they fixed swift rams yet?
I stand corrected. I thought she was talking about the sparkle pony.
82 Human Priest
Glad it was not just me thought I was on a carousel ride and it is happening with the Headless Horseman mount too lol.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Please, please, please make this permanent for gnomes and goblins.
Edited by Eolas on 4/27/2011 7:13 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
04/27/2011 06:45 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Not to worry, riding horses won't be a concussion risk forever. This is just a bug, and one that we'd like to resolve as soon as it is practical to do so.

Any word about the Deathchargers (Acherus and Crimson) mounts getting their unique running animations back? First patch after Cata release gave them the regular horse gallop, and from talking to GMs a while back, it wasn't intended.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Should fix the bad horse animation while you're at it. >_>

Change them all to the old DK horse animation, please. :P
100 Tauren Shaman
As I'm sure many or you have noticed, blizz goofed with the new horse animation. I'm being forced to retire my hard-earned spectral steed for a chopper, and I'm not all too pleased about it. Different races are effected more dramatically than others, and mine is one of the worst.

While riding your horse mount, your character will rock violently back and forth as they ride, making you look like a rocking horse. I don't know what whoever made this change was thinking, but just let me say it is terrible. Please give us back our dignity as we ride out horse mounts, I would very much like to ride my spectral steed again... I'm sure the community agrees it looks outragous.

Change it back.. Do it!

Wind riders have always done this when you're on the ground with them. You ain't heard us Horde players complaining!
Edited by Matuk on 4/27/2011 7:14 PM PDT
Community Manager
04/27/2011 07:03 PMPosted by Eveserr
Howbout we skip asthetic bugs and work on stuff that matters, like pvp ques, dk bug, and other much more important things

Oh, you mean prioritize tasks? We do that. Of course, some aesthetic issues are very important to players too, and prioritizing tasks is always a balancing act. Simply because something doesn't matter to you, doesn't mean that it isn't important to someone else. Obviously, high profile issues, or those that have the potential to affect the gameplay of many are high priority, but they're not always easy to resolve. Sometimes they can be hotfixed, and sometimes that's simply not an option for technical reasons. Even if they're at the top of the list, they might take longer to resolve because they're more complex. Sometimes there are issues that we'd like to resolve that get set back a bit precisely because there are more "important" things to tackle first. Or, maybe something isn't a bug at all, and requires quite a bit of thought to find a resolution for. Or we disagree that it 'needs fixed'.

One way or another, when they do arise we try to tackle both large and small issues in the most efficient and sensible possible manner. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'm sure it was very helpful.
100 Tauren Shaman

Not to worry, riding horses won't be a concussion risk forever. This is just a bug, and one that we'd like to resolve as soon as it is practical to do so.

Howbout we skip asthetic bugs and work on stuff that matters, like pvp ques, dk bug, and other much more important things

Because Blizzard only has 5 people working on the game, and they all have exactly the same skillset!

That's like trying to tell the Mages to stop DPSing because healing the tank is more important.
04/27/2011 06:45 PMPosted by Daxxarri

oh GOOD, i got kind of disturbed/tired of looking like i was furiously humping the horse everytime i moved
85 Human Warlock
I'm curious about the horse animation itself...not the rocking, though that is somewhat annoying.

Sometime in 2.0 or 3.0 (I wish I could remember when) -- the animation changed completely for running, and it affects all four-legged models. If you look at a horse, for example, from the side, it looks fine. If you look at it from the back (which is the view most of us see in third person view) it looks like the sucker is limping. It's like the fat limping bear model of the old Amani bear got ported to every model with four legs...bears, horses, ghost wolf form, you name it.

Any chance THAT could be fixed?
85 Human Warrior
Spectral Steed does not equal Celestial Steed aka Sparkle Pony.

You 'I'm cooler than you lol' folks really need to do your research.
Spectral Steed does not equal Celestial Steed aka Sparkle Pony.

You 'I'm cooler than you lol' folks really need to do your research.

Thank you!
100 Draenei Warrior
While we are on mounts... (puny)

Can we do something about the "invisible handlebars" some races experience on certain mounts?
85 Human Mage
As I'm sure many or you have noticed, blizz goofed with the new horse animation. I'm being forced to retire my hard-earned spectral steed for a chopper, and I'm not all too pleased about it. Different races are effected more dramatically than others, and mine is one of the worst.

While riding your horse mount, your character will rock violently back and forth as they ride, making you look like a rocking horse. I don't know what whoever made this change was thinking, but just let me say it is terrible. Please give us back our dignity as we ride out horse mounts, I would very much like to ride my spectral steed again... I'm sure the community agrees it looks outragous.

Change it back.. Do it!

THANK YOU for starting this thread! This horse bug was the very first thing I noticed when I logged on to 4.1, and it drove me insane! I absolutely love the human horse mounts (yes, I'm boring, I know), and the fact that riding them made me look like an idiot on a mechanical bull pissed me off to no end!

But when I brought this issue up with people on my server no one seemed to notice or care!

And thank you, Blizzard, for clarifying the issue. For a second there I thought this was an intended change (let's face it, you guys have implemented some really stupid undocumented stuff before, aesthetically speaking). Good to know that it's a bug. But I sincerely hope that "practical to do so" means a hot fix and not 4.2 (or later).
Edited by Aldynia on 4/27/2011 7:40 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]