[Bug] Abilities randomly ignoring resilience

85 Human Death Knight
A few abilities seem to be ignoring resilience. Warlock's Unstable Affliction, priest's Mind Blast and rogue's Ambush in particular seem to be the major offenders.

A few of my friends are reporting 40,000 Mind Blasts, 40,000 Unstable Afflictions, and 35,000 Ambushes in arenas. These are the same numbers seen on target dummies, and they are impossible to get on targets with the resilience that comes with basic PVP gear.

I'm not really sure how this could be reproduced, because it seems a little random, but here are two screenshots that demonstrates what I'm talking about:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/ericmwalsh/UADispel.jpg
Kind of hard to read, but here is what it says in the combat log: Insanitiee-Kel'Thuzad's Unstable Affliction hits Rebeccablack for 39907 Shadow.(6104 Overkill).

An example of Mind Blast possibly doing it: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2764/mindblast.png

Ambush and Obliterate have been reported as having similar problems.

The occurrence seems to be fairly random, though. Some people are saying all of these abilities will hit normal sometimes and then randomly hit for much higher, producing numbers like the screenshot above.
Edited by Lopez on 5/2/2011 1:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
This needs to be sorted out, those numbers are ridiculous.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
Find weakness, Unheeded proc, glove tinker or trinket + shadowstep? I'm not getting these numbers cause i'm less geared but doesn't seem out of the ordinary.
Reply Quote
I know that UA dispels hit healers through resil for 40k on the PTR

I havent really noticed higher ambush crits but I'll start reading the logs after matches when I queue later today. I also dueled my 4.1k resil resto shaman friend checking ambushes right now and I didn't notice any abnormal ambush crits...so /shrug

Edit: Que'd some 2's to test this out...all the ambush crits were normal. Maybe this was already hotfixed?
Edited by Seelz on 4/28/2011 3:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/28/2011 02:41 AMPosted by Seelz
I know that UA dispels hit healers through resil for 40k on the PTR

considering UA hit me for 10-12k before the patch... and blizzard said that the UA damage was going to be doubled... im pretty sure it shouldn't be hitting for 40k

just another pvp bug
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
This bug ONLY occurs in arenas. Not in duels (for BGs IDK)
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
04/28/2011 04:14 AMPosted by Kollektiv
This bug ONLY occurs in arenas. Not in duels (for BGs IDK)

Yeah, I couldn't reproduce it in duels.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I don't think so. It's usually supposed to hit for 20,000 to 35,000, depending on procs. Getting one that high is almost impossible on targets with resilience.
Edited by Lopez on 4/28/2011 8:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Yes, I did. That's only 2 to 3 percent reduction.

Look, a bunch of players are reporting this. They'll normally see 25k or 30k and then a random 45k to 50k will pop up. It's not normal. And it happens with other abilities too.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Today someone told me a feral Ravage'd him for 70k, through resil and plate. I thought he was on crack but apparently this may have happened (BG Berserk + Unheeded Warning + TF modifier). Another reason not to queue arena!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
04/28/2011 08:47 AMPosted by Teye
I've yet to see a report of anything higher than 40k. Considering the way DoTs now scale with spell power over time, I'd be willing to bet you're occasionally seeing 40k numbers because of procs, or things like demon soul, the orc racial, trinkets being popped, ect.

Check Arena Junkies. Benys was reporting that his paladin normally dispels for 20,000 to 30,000, but last night he got a 56,000 dispel out of seemingly nowhere.

Something is definitely up with either resilience randomly not working or some abilities randomly hitting a lot harder for seemingly no reason.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I've seen several posts claiming that UA is hitting really hard...but no one seems to be able to actually back that claim up.

Mindless QQ because healers can't faceroll dispel anymore sounds more accurate than UA being bugged.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Well, I don't know what I can do to convince you beyond that screenshot, but here is a thread on Arena Junkies of people — including warlocks — reporting the problem: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/197904-unstable-affliction-hits-bombers-for-40127.
Edited by Lopez on 4/28/2011 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I've seen several posts claiming that UA is hitting really hard...but no one seems to be able to actually back that claim up.

Mindless QQ because healers can't faceroll dispel anymore sounds more accurate than UA being bugged.

Look I can start posting 100s of screenshots from the past 2 days that I have played arenas. As can 100s of other healers.

UA hits for 25000-30000 outside of arenas depending on procs.

UA hits for 40000-48000 inside of arenas depending on procs.

Clearly there is a bug here in terms of resilience being ignored or not. At the least, I would like UA dispel to be consistent in a non-arena and arena setting. If Blizzard wants UA to hit for 40k+ then so be it. BUT, I would rather it hit for 40k+ everywhere so that I do not have to create an Excel master spreadsheet of what ability hits differently in arenas and what ability does not.

One thing that I have not tested yet - how hard does UA hit in battlegrounds/rated battlegrounds?
Edited by Kollektiv on 4/28/2011 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
please fix
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]