Heroic Nefarian down? Want to work for us?

(Locked)

Community Manager
You have Heroic Nefarian on farm, Cho'gall is a two-headed joke, Al'Akir is a bag of hot wind, and you have detailed documents on how all of these encounters could have been improved. If you're looking for the next great challenge, have you ever though about working for Blizzard?

We have Quality Assurance (QA) positions open and we're specifically looking for those with high-end raiding experience to join our teams, test future content, and provide feedback on Heroic raids, class balance, and general game experiences.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=100008C

Only full-time positions at our headquarters in Irvine, California are available, so if you're serious about applying be aware that no telecommuting is possible for employment. But with the Blizzard campus offering an on-site cafeteria, library, volleyball and basketball courts, gym, multiple arcades, and movie theater, (not to mention we're 30 minutes from the beach) why would you want to?

Good luck!
85 Gnome Death Knight
Hubba bubba!
85 Dwarf Hunter
Sounds like that is a pretty good place there Bashy, any word on getting a tetherball? Then you can start saying you have an AWESOME workplace!
Community Manager
04/21/2011 05:06 PMPosted by Houseofpain
Sounds like that is a pretty good place there Bashy, any word on getting a tetherball? Then you can start saying you have an AWESOME workplace!

No, but we do have a handball court. NO WATERFALLS
98 Troll Shaman
Cool, but I have a question, are you guys hiring GMs, or customer support reps?
Edited by Tuzker on 4/21/2011 5:13 PM PDT
58 Human Death Knight
04/21/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Tuzker
Cool, but I have a question, are you guys hiring GMs, or customer support reps?

It would not appear that they are at this time from the job page.
100 Human Warlock
wtb a cool big game company HQ in Michigan. The great lakes are awesome and we are surround by 4
85 Dwarf Shaman
Inc 10,000 applications, 95% of them not having the cover letter or analysis required.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
04/21/2011 05:24 PMPosted by Rhorle
wtb a cool big game company HQ in Michigan. The great lakes are awesome and we are surround by 4

lolno.

Michigan is worse than California, by far, financially. Detroit being a shining example of the suck that is Michigan.

No offense, man, but your state is BAD right now. I feel for ya.

PS: Most tech companies are based out of Cali (Silicon Valley and SoCal).
85 Undead Rogue
Sounds like one hell of a job. Open up an HQ in Connecticut and I'll love Blizzard even more.
85 Troll Druid
Hopefully we don't have to beta test the raids next tier on release with this :)

Good luck blizz
100 Human Warlock
lolno. Michigan is worse than California, by far, financially. Detroit being a shining example of the suck that is Michigan. No offense, man, but your state is BAD right now. I feel for ya. PS: Most tech companies are based out of Cali (Silicon Valley and SoCal).

MI is a lot more then just Detroit. If you are going to bash the state based on a city you might as well pick Flint instead. Besides Compuware and plenty of other Tech companies exist in MI.
11 Night Elf Druid
Wow! That sounds like a great job!

However, I would have liked to see some people who have issues raiding on that job as well. Getting their perspective may help with some of the issues the common raider is having clearing content.
85 Human Mage
What if someone has heroic Nef / Cho Gall down but not Al'kir? Applicant need not apply?

Edit: Wish I qualified :(
Edited by Strykt on 4/21/2011 5:41 PM PDT
85 Goblin Death Knight
This is a great idea
90 Worgen Warlock
I was all excited about this until I read:

This is a temporary, entry-level position that is paid by the hour.

Then I was like...meh.
85 Dwarf Paladin
04/21/2011 05:38 PMPosted by Recognise
This is a great idea

Agreed.

There was a (unnamed) gaming company I used to work for that always made crappy game-play videos because they used regular joe-smoe's to create the videos.

Finally, they reached out to their player base, and I got the job. I made a bunch of sweet videos over several years for them :)

Some of the best times of my life. :D
61 Worgen Warrior
I was all excited about this until I read:

This is a temporary, entry-level position that is paid by the hour.

Then I was like...meh.

this
85 Orc Warrior
Hourly...

Temporary...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]