My Video Card...

85 Undead Mage
If you're really bored Kiora, I had to delete all the discussion content on my site. I'm trying to get people to post something/anything to get content going again. You could start some Pokemon Black discussion threads lol

http://gnerdl.ning.com/forum
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Hey Kiora, you were asking what some people are using for graphics cards and their fps on ultra, i'm currently running a Radeon HD 6870 Gigabyte card, it cost me 200$ for this midend card and i get around 80-115 fps in 10 man raids, not sure what 25's would look like but i doubt it would make much of an impact, thats at 1680x1050 resolution without vertical sync or tripple buffering and not choppy, the card keeps pretty cool with 50% fan speed on and at 60°C and even at 100% fan speed runs quieter than my case fans and cpu fan, the card is 10.5" long and this specific make of the card have 3 fans on it with a giant heatsink so it weighs a good amount.
If you have the money though i'd go with the 6950, more power behind it, but a bit longer and twice the price.
Nvidia is good aswell, i've just run into more problems with their cards than radeon's.
(as a side note some people don't like the radeon's Catalyst Contol Center driver)

As for a CPU i'm in the same boat as Kelfísx, also happens to be what i do for a living :D
plus if you some bend a pin on the intel motherboard you're screwed but if you bend a pin on an amd processor you might get lucky and not break it.

You'll definitely want 6-8GB of DDR3 ram for sure, just don't chince out and buy the cheap stuff or you'll soon regret it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
hi atomica im glad theres still some people i recognise on these forums x
hope you are well and happy xx
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
After doing more research I'm confused on AMD recommendations. Nearly all benchmarks put the i7 2600k well above most comparable processors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzz1VGnLvxw Here's my random Japanese video that people will check out and then get mad. Except for Ras, who knows better.

...Wait.
Edited by Kiora on 5/16/2011 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]