Timesink [H] is recruiting?

100 Orc Warrior
Timesink is recruiting active, mature(ish) players who are looking for a fun and laid back environment with a mix of raiding, PvP, and Sexual Harrassment. For those who have been around for a long time, you'll note that Timesink is a guild with a long and reasonably drama free past- we've been killing gnomes since Vanilla, although our nightly raids on Southshore are surprisingly calm- probably because the Alliance all left.

First and foremost, we are looking for good quality personalities. It doesn't matter how awesome of a player you are- if you're a tool, we don't want you. If you have no idea how to play your class, and find yourself standing in fire more often than not, keep looking. If you're able to laugh at yourself, as well as the shaman who pulled when she sneezed, keep reading.

With the 4.1 patch coming up, along with summer, we feel the need for some additional suckers, errr... players, to help round out our ranks. There has been interest in a 10 man alt raid schedule, and the upcoming changes with Rated BGs have created some new interest (let's face it- the initial implementation wasn't very exciting. Waiting in the queue for 40 minutes to get a team that had an average rating 1000 points higher than yours? WTFBBQ?). You don't have to be interested in one or the other, although that's our main goal at this point. We do have some additional openings for fluffers, prior work references required.

We are currently at guild rank 20, and are 8/12 in the current raiding content (however, we still wipe constantly during 5 man heroics. Rumor has it alcohol may be responsible, or maybe it's because all the pets are on aggressive?). We have generous guild repairs, exciting recruitment items like a tabard, and also offer comprehensive dental coverage for all members (you'll need to mail the pliers back after you pull the tooth, but you're welcome to keep the vodka- we don't know where your mouth has been).

Those who are interested should fill out an application at www.timesinkers.com
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I would also like to point out that our healers no longer use macros that taunt while healing the tank, nor do they "cut corners".

In fact, we're level 21 and 9/12 now! Amazing what a little sobriety can do...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Would you all consider accepting gnomes?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
im trying to post app on your site and it wont allowed it!!!!! and i wrote a might fine app too. help!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Not allowed? I see you registered- did you get any errors? Feel free to message me in game- '/who rend' will find me.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
04/27/2011 02:30 AMPosted by Gloomonger
Would you all consider accepting gnomes?

Only as appetizers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
the html tags i used are not allowed? whatever that means. i just posted on the app forum will it work in subject and will it work in text and it posted. then when i copied and pasted my app that i saved to a email i got the error message again. any ideas? cus i dont want to waste the app i wrote lol

what the heck is a html tag anyway?

Edited by Lucretía on 4/28/2011 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
it let me post my app so i went ahead and posted it. im gonna be in vegas for most of the summer, and since my son has toons on skywall, im thinking of transferring back, if i can find a starting spot in a raid group. ive been horde before on the lock and the druid and enjoy seeing the game from the other side. i will definitely be transferring at least one, maybe 2 of the following toons. enjoy the read and look forward to chatting soon.

Name: Lucretia Bipolarbear Quintus

Class: paladin druid warlock

Are you interested in Raiding, PvP, neither, or both? interest in any and
every thing..... i pvp on the first date (dont tell my wife)

Spec(s)- Please note if spec is for PvE or PvP:
hpaly / pvp hpaly bear / boom demo / aff soon to be pvp aff

Armory Profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/lucret%c3%ada/simple <a http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/qu%c3%adntus/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/bipolarbear/simple

(Optional) Please list any alts you have on the server: i dont consider one toon a "main" so i have no alts and listed the 3 toons im willing to transfer to this server if i can find a guild

How old are you in real life? 38

Current time zone: central but will be spending the summer in your tme zone hence the desire to transfer

How did you hear about us? server forums

Why are you interested in applying to Timesink? the colorful language in the recruitiment poster caught my eye. i too can be colorful or as my wife says wildly inapporpriate lol

What can you offer to Timesink? (Gold donations are accepted, but will not give preference in any way. (Unless it's a lot of gold.)) rare awareness, desire to do well and the many many laughs in vent when i playfully tease those who leave themself open to it. i was a professional %%!# talker for many years, will explain in vent interview lol curious?

Please list the names of current guild members you know, if any (yes, we're judging you by who your friends are): nobody, last time i was on skywall i was alliance, my son is alliance on the server would love to camp his ungratefull behind tll he cries for his momma lol

What guilds have you been in previously, and why did you choose to leave?
too many to list, usual reasons, too many buttheads and progressing or really nice people who need the explantion by stewardesses on how to buckle and unbuckly a seat belt

List your WoW raiding experience (optional, for those interested in raiding). Were they relevant at the time or just done later for the achievements? (5 manning MC at 80 is not relevant, nice try though) ssc and tk back in bc lk in wrath 9/12 currently on one toon or another so far

Do you have Ventrilo and a microphone? as much as i like to talk you know i gots my tools

Are you too shy to use your microphone? i used a microphone at work for more than 10yrs <------daddy is not shy

You're about to zone into an instance, you're the last one in, and you notice a flagged alliance standing by the portal. What do you do? zone back on try to ruin his day, unless my boys are coming out too in wihich case i let him finish summoning his friends and kill all of them. althought i tend to pvp heals so i keep my buds up while they %*%% face and hurt feelings

Essay Question: Please write a short essay on the social impact of MMOs, and your opinion on the correlation between work attendance and major patch releases. Answers must be under 500 words and will be assessed based on content, presentation style, and grammatical prowess.
there is no social impact of mmos and i say that having met and marriied a woman i met on wow. if we didnt have these games we would have met some other way. god would never come between nerd love. the purest and most sacred kinda of love. unless you are from alabama like i am know the sheep love is the one love to rule them all. dont tell my wfe i said that

dang it i sat and thought of a grea pole question and then couldnt post it. so im posing it here:

a turtle without a shell...is he naked or is he homeless?

answer when i join the guild lol if / when of course thank you
Edited by Lucretía on 4/28/2011 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Sobriety? Is that what was making Chimaeron so difficult? o.0

And Lucretia I got your app up on our website except for your answer to the last question because apparently there's something in that section that is problematic. It could be your discussion about sheep love or something about HTML tags not being allowed is news to me since we post a lot of ummmmmmmmm stuff. I blame Rend, Theridin, Downstairs Ibby, Dizzy, and sometimes Upstairs Ibby.

Edit: I got your answer up. Apparently, you just talk too much. You and Rend already have a lot in common. :D
Edited by Calinarra on 4/28/2011 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
thank you so much!! talk too much? me? nah? So what next. now that you have read it where do we go from here. in the interest of being honest i also applied to an alliance guild, one which my wife will transfer and join me, but you guys are my first choice if you are a fun as you seem to be so far...lol. my wife will not faction change with me to join your guild so it looks like my druid (bipolarbear) will be alliance on skywall by the end of the week. good luck trying to camp me if you find me, i pvp resto and none of you have the skills to kill a resto druid as pro as me out in the open. JK please dont make me cry..... But my paladin and lock are both stll on the market for a home, wether or not i raid will depend on scheduling but otherwise im all about pvping too, how much fun would it be to camp a guildie lol. let me know whats next? il be checking this post thru out the night, and the guild website too. thanks again for your time and effort.
Edited by Lucretía on 4/28/2011 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
04/28/2011 03:13 PMPosted by Lucretía
So what next

I put on my robe and wizard hat..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Since Rend cannot be serious... ever... we'll either have to hunt for you on alliance side (omg we have alliance toons? no wai).

Or if you want to make an alt horde side and /who rend or /who cali then we can catch up there. Rend tends to be nursing the tequila bottle so if he doesn't answer right away he's probably passed out under his desk.
Edited by Calinarra on 4/28/2011 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
touche good sir. Rend you are a worthy adversary and I shall seek you out without mercy and possibly a rofl.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
We've gotten a couple good healers (which is great, because Ibby is too busy using Holy Fire to heal anyone), but we could use a frost mage. Because we like cake. Other classes are good too.

At this point, I think the main focus (outside of our core raiding) is rated BGs. We've been running around 4 nights a week, some scheduled, some not, and had good success. More important, it's been fun, and Ibby has promised to mute himself when he's in the bathroom next time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Your forgot to mention Ibby's new title of Scout. He's growing up so fast.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Eff these guys, they all suck.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Dizzy back to your corner until you can tell the class you have more than 2.5k resilience.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Don't join this guild. They won't invite me to rated bgs if you do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]