Are feral Druids fun.

90 Orc Shaman
Thinking about re rolling, because I'm not very happy or satisfied with my current spec ATM. So I am here to ask you ferals, do you enjoy playing your feral Druids or do you just play it for the sake of playing it? Thank you

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I love Feral Cat in both PVE and PVP, it provides a interesting challenge that I think is vital in a game like this.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'll just say what I tell people when they ask me. I've played every class in the game, most to 85. I will never change mains again though. I played a warrior since original beta and switched to druid in Wrath. Never looked back. You feel like you can do just about anything and not just as a role, but out in the world. You have so many tools and everything feels fun.

So yes, feral is fun. But it's not for everyone and cat is the hardest dps rotation in the game to master.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I enjoy Feral. It's generally a more complicated rotation/priorities to play as tank or dps than other classes. If you like a complicated play style that also gives some interesting out-of-feral abilities to use while feral then play feral. If you want a simpler play style then roll something else.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Ferals are fun. It used to be complicated, now it's much more simplified.

That's not true at all. Because of the way things are right now, you can actually get a dps boost by weaving in FBs but you have to do them perfectly and with the way Tiger's Fury works, it's actually more complicated to maximize your dps. It's just a little easier to keep up your regular abilities.

Still the most complicated rotation in the game outside maybe sub rogue.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
04/24/2011 01:41 AMPosted by Suhmon
Ferals are fun. It used to be complicated, now it's much more simplified.

That's not true at all. Because of the way things are right now, you can actually get a dps boost by weaving in FBs but you have to do them perfectly and with the way Tiger's Fury works, it's actually more complicated to maximize your dps. It's just a little easier to keep up your regular abilities.

Still the most complicated rotation in the game outside maybe sub rogue.

Eh, with shred buffs you're usually better off shredding instead of biting >25%
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
04/24/2011 02:08 AMPosted by Krayik
Eh, with shred buffs you're usually better off shredding instead of biting >25%

Of course. Just saying if you want added difficulty, glyphing FB and weaving it in will net you a very slight dps increase. Nobody is going to do it of course cause it's stupid, but the very tippy top rotation for ferals now is more complicated than it ever was. It's just less punishing than it used to be if you do something wrong, which is good.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Feral is very very fun imo

PvP is incredibly fun and will get even better now that we can break some roots.
PvE continues to be fun.

You should roll a feral. Level feral is very fast and very fun.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Feral is a blast...yes..we rely alot on our openers..and getting our bleeds on fast..but its awsome in arena to see Rip crit for 8k ticks (base..seen a good amount of 16k ticks )...lol..name another class that in arena or pve that can go from dps..to quick heals / cc ...to a tank for defen
sive time...Feral are probably the most versitile class in the game.
THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD BE BETTER FOR FERAL IS THE ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO CAST THORNS AND STILL REMAIN IN FORM..DONT KNOW WHY WE CANT..BOOMKIN CAN...
Edited by Eltorodozer on 4/24/2011 9:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Feral is very very fun imo

PvP is incredibly fun and will get even better now that we can break some roots.
PvE continues to be fun.

You should roll a feral. Level feral is very fast and very fun.

What my fellow Skywaller said!

We druids are a tough bunch, you don't see us coming, and then after we've got you bleeding, we can instant cast heal ourselves, rekitty, dash away, instant cast cyclone and/or roots after another finisher. You have a ton of mobility, and I don't care what anyone says, Stampeding Roar is useful as hell in pve for getting your friends out of fire faster.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid

No. We went from being able to break all roots in a GCD to breaking two roots on 2+ min CD's.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I change around characters a lot and lately have been debating on whether or not to keep my rogue going or my druid and I must say that I am enjoying the druid more and more
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
they got less fun with the mobility nerf. That said, I still love the playstyle.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Would you guys recommend I level him with the helm and back BoAs, but I first have to grind like 10k+ guild rep to get those. Or should I just leave him with the shoulders, chest and weapon? Another question, he is level 12 currently, and if i want to i can change race. he is currently a troll druid, would tauren be better? their flight form looks better tbh
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Feral is the only fun class I've played, and I've played alot of different ones. We can run, fly and just about anything instantly so makes getting away or dropping into a fight very easy. I mean, flight forming out of the water is a life saver sometimes (after you master actually doing it). Bouncing around in the BG is fun as hell, same with DG. You are the fastest on foot too without speed moves. You can prowl right into an enemies camp like a rogue and take em out if you get the first hit. I think the rotation is simple, and fun, because ferals have to run around a lot. so leap, attack, leap behind them again, yeah attack some more, run some more, attack!
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
04/24/2011 01:59 PMPosted by Baskoh
they got less fun with the mobility nerf. That said, I still love the playstyle.

^^^ Though I notice that its not that often i really needed it. Mind you I am low arena but a crap load of bgs. I don't find it too bad. I miss the mobility, I hate bliz for doing it, but its still fun to play. Though I feel more complete as a rogue.

I can't put my finger on it, and I don't want to say the wrong thing to make the druid community hate me, but ferals in a way is missing something. Something that makes them stand out more from the crowd. I am just saying.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
u going dps or tank if dps troll is better if tank tauren is better but there is minimal difference.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
04/24/2011 10:55 PMPosted by Megastorm
I can't put my finger on it, and I don't want to say the wrong thing to make the druid community hate me, but ferals in a way is missing something.

Agreed!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]