Free non-combat pets?

I noticed for the new dungeon finder call to arms that blizz decided to sneak in a "good chance of receiving a non-combat pet (including cross faction pets)". I don't know if amid all of the controversy I overlooked this but its new to my eyes. This really really saddens me because on one of my toons I think I have about 95 pets and I played anywhere from 30 minutes to absurdly long amounts of time over weeks of game play farming some of these non-combat pets.

Collecting these is a hobby of mine in the game and I simply cant see how this move is justified in favor of tanks and healers. I wouldn't be upset if the words "good chance" were not in there. For me if I want an argent tournament ally pet I have to either get an ally toon to 80 and farm the rep and tokens or spend stupid amount of gold on them. I got the white kitten the legitimate way and I got the Westfall chicken the hard way before blizz regrettably made it available in Brill (they could have renamed it to Tirisfal chicken or something).

Its just so frustrating that tanks and healers will have a "good chance" at getting pets that I spent hours, days, and even weeks farming. No matter how you want to look at it, DPS will NEVER be the "least represented role" and to argue different is silly. I love this game and always have since my start as a proud South Park Newb as we were once called but the direction the game is going now makes me want to scream. I find myself questioning blizzards motives in their changes more than I find myself praising them. It may seem silly to some but this pet thing almost makes me wanna move on to something other game and I dont want it to come to that. QQ
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
04/24/2011 12:58 PMPosted by Pocketgoblin
Its just so frustrating that tanks and healers will have a "good chance" at getting pets that I spent hours, days, and even weeks farming. No matter how you want to look at it, DPS will NEVER be the "least represented role" and to argue different is silly

Sign in to your account. When you get to the Character Selection screen, look down. There is a button down there that says "Create new Character" Push that. Pick a class that can tank or heal, and create a character. I suggest DK's for the free 55 levels. Now level that toon to max level. TADA! You now have a chance at getting the bags.

You're welcome.

Edit: you think killing a few hundred mobs that are 50 levels below you is harder than tanking a random PuG? For 4 random people? You can't be serious.
Edited by Mauras on 4/24/2011 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
As I've already said, the only three confirmed pets are Tiny Sporebat and two new pets. Cenarion Hatchling, and Shimmering Wyrmling.

There have been no other pet additions to the loot table, which means every other pet in this bag HAS to be a raredrop pet, for example Deviate Hatchling, or Mr. Grubbs. There are no other rep grind pets in the loot tables, so it's impossible for them to come from this bag.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

Edit: you think killing a few hundred mobs that are 50 levels below you is harder than tanking a random PuG? For 4 random people? You can't be serious.

Its not harder no, but why should some people have to farm hours and hours (it doesnt matter if what they are farming is easy to kill) when someone can just queue as tank and have a shot at it too?

As I've already said, the only three confirmed pets are Tiny Sporebat and two new pets. Cenarion Hatchling, and Shimmering Wyrmling.

Shimmering Wyrmling isnt new :P its been out since the argent tourny
Edited by Katei on 4/24/2011 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
My question is how many pets do you have? It's a hobby of mine as well so it's just always nice to find others who are as well.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
04/24/2011 01:12 PMPosted by Katei
Its not harder no, but why should some people have to farm hours and hours (it doesnt matter if what they are farming is easy to kill) when someone can just queue as tank and have a shot at it too?

Person A: Spends hours killing tiny dragons, listening to music, watching TV, gets a pet.

Person B: Tanks several Heroics with healers in Agility gear, DPS dieing in fires and claiming "BAD TANK L2AGRO" as the reason, pets running off to attack whatever smelled like bacon, etc etc, gets the same pet.

You think person A deserves it more than B?
Reply Quote
lol I farmed these guys at proper level I have done it since vanilla. Granted there are some here and there that I never got and I can now go back at a much higher level and farm them faster. I have 88 pets on my druid and counting. I could have more if i bought them I suppose but I guess i'm just an advocate of earning your rewards as intended. I'll be all for this call to arms thing if blizz were to up the drop rate of some of these pets and make the epic ones undroppable through dungeons just for the sake of balance.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
So, wait...your problem is actually that people will be getting things you put a lot of work in to back when it was somewhat 'difficult'?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]