Rarest mount in the game?

(Locked)

91 Troll Priest
The only one I'm pretty sure I've never seen in game is Invincible, but I haven't seen a Scarab Lord mount in game for years.
Edited by Zhebrica on 5/8/2011 12:51 AM PDT
85 Goblin Rogue
There was a unique Tiger and Mechanostrider mount given out to two players in Vanilla when there was an on-going glitch with Epic Mounts.

They are the only two to have these mounts... so I think that makes them the rarest. As for their names, I'm not too sure.

I was going to post about the unique Tiger, it exactly like the druid travel form except bigger. The guy got it b/c he got hacked and blizzard messed up and banned him or some crap like that in Vanilla. In Burning Crusade he posted a pic and posted when he would be in Stormwind for people to see. I went and saw it when he did it, it's probably one of the most rare items ever.
90 Orc Death Knight
probably the TCG tiger mount or ashes
90 Night Elf Priest
(accross several servers)

i've seen one big love rocket...

it was on a female orc... odly enough

i've seen 2 black qiraji battle tanks

i've seen about 5 or so onyxian drake.

i've seen probably about dozen ashes of alar/mimirons head/invincible/red deathchargers each.

other mounts aren't recognisable enough to say for sure.
95 Blood Elf Paladin
The Black Battle Tank is probably not the rarest mount. Several (as has been said) were one time only things given to specific people in error. They are truly unique in the game.

Also rare are the OLD 100% ground mounts. Early in WoW, the 100% race mounts (Horse for Human, Wolf for Orcs, ect.) didn't have armor. They were recolors of the 60%s. Bliz added the armored models for the 100%s and gave players who had bought the old 100%s a "quest" (basically trade the mount item in at the vendor) for trading away the "inferior" armorless recolors for "proper" 100% mounts. The combination of how difficult it was that early in the game for ANYONE to have 1,000 Gold to buy the original mounts and a lot of people trading them in for the new armored ones, not realizing that the old school ones would be rarer have combined to make those mounts some of the rarest around.

The fishing turtle - while farmable even today, has a rather low drop rate. And let's face it, not a lot of us are in Northrend fishing in pools much these days.

And as someone mentioned, the early Brewfest mounts (which aren't available anymore) are pretty rare too.

Battle Tanks, while rare, may not be the rare-EST mounts. For a while, any new server that was opened had the gates of AQ closed, so people would server transfer to new servers and all go bang the gong so they could get the mount. That alone inflated the supplies of those significantly for anyone willing to pay $50 for a rare mount (and we all know there are a number of such people in the world.) WoW has since had that patched so any new realms that are launched had the AQ gates already opened.

So the Black Battle Tank is hardly the undisputed winner by any real measure.
85 Tauren Paladin
The camel is pretty darn rare after the black q tank. I haven't been able to find out how rare but I know it's rarer than TLPD, which I have.
85 Troll Hunter
Anything besides the Black Quiraji Battle Tank is wrong.

I remember back in vanilla I was leveling up my warrior in searing gorge and got stomped by a group of raiders on their way to blackrock mountain. One of them was riding the black battle tank.

I wasn't even mad that I got ganked since the black battle tank was present during my demise. Instead I felt a sense of wonder and satisfaction, that I was gifted to be able to see the person with the one black battle tank ever on my server and that they had stopped just for me to disembowel my corpse. I suppose it would be the sense one would feel if the clouds parted and Zeus smites you with a bolt of lightning, and you get to witness it in full glory before you meet your doom.

That is why the black battle tank wins.
90 Night Elf Hunter

The original, non-armored, higher Epic speed mounts.

I really wish my other character, that could have, got those before they were removed.

Very few people got them, at that early time, with fewer still existing who did not exchange them for the armored one (when they could, or actually I think they still could (if they were nuts.) )
85 Tauren Druid
how do the Deathchargers Reigns stack up? i have been trying to find out, and from the sites i have been looking at, i see from .01% - .04%.

just got one today, and got the Ravenlord mount yesterday lol. hopefully my luck will hold true and i will end up with the camel tomorrow =)
85 Night Elf Druid
how do the Deathchargers Reigns stack up? i have been trying to find out, and from the sites i have been looking at, i see from .01% - .04%.

just got one today, and got the Ravenlord mount yesterday lol. hopefully my luck will hold true and i will end up with the camel tomorrow =)

Deathcharger's Reins are 1/100, or 1%.

One thing most of you seem to be forgetting is when many of the servers bugged out one patch and the gates were closed. Anyone who had the gong in their bank went and banged it and got a black qiraji mount. Hundreds of additional people got it.

Onyxian drake is the same drop chance as Ashes, however Ony can only be solo'd by DK's where Kael can be solo'd by many classes. And the ony drake has been out a lot less.

If you're excluding the cheetah and the fluorescent mechanostrider, I'd say it's a close tie between the black qiraji mount, the original vanilla epic mounts, and the original brewfest mounts. As of today, and today only, Reins of Poseidus is probably somewhere up there too.
Edited by Trilatic on 5/22/2011 7:31 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't see the horse off Attumen much
90 Tauren Paladin
Peep's Whistle
55 Dwarf Rogue
There was a unique Tiger and Mechanostrider mount given out to two players in Vanilla when there was an on-going glitch with Epic Mounts.

They are the only two to have these mounts... so I think that makes them the rarest. As for their names, I'm not too sure.

The tiger got removed when news of it hit the forums months(years?) later from the player. I think it may have been given back but its unsure if it was still gone last I heard.
85 Undead Priest
04/24/2011 08:22 PMPosted by Amberlynn
The Silithid spider thing from the AQ event

Black Qiraji Battle Tank...and yes, this would be the rarest mount in the game.

How did it not even make the list lol

That’s how rare it is. People don’t even know about it.
100 Orc Death Knight
Old School Vanilla mounts are the rarest, especially on races that weren't very common. Other than those it's probably the Black Qiraji Battle Tank followed by any of the mounts that are no longer obtainable.
100 Troll Priest
Azure Drake: never seen it
Ashes of A'lar: not as rare as people say, I've seen a bunch of people on my realm with it.
Onyxian Drake: I only know a Warlock and Paladin on my realm with it
ToC mounts: never seen them
Mimiron's Head: One Druid on my realm with it
Invincible: never seen it
Big Love Rocket: Pally on my realm with it, saw 2 other people in BGs with it
Black Battle Tank: Never seen it
Crimson Deathcharger: Hunter in my guild with it
Drake of the South Wind: I now it's early, but I've never seen it
76 Human Hunter
The black battle tank. There is only one on a server. End of disscussion.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]