[Tome of Polymorph: Rabbit] Level Req Change

90 Goblin Mage
I am rather disappointed. While my mage is not my main character, I have been waiting since I started playing to get the holiday pet for my druid and the Polymorph Rabbit for mage. It appears I have to wait another year to try getting the Polymorph Rabbit since my mage is level 41.

I do not mind so much that I cannot use the Tome until Level 60. I just want to be able to buy it now and use it as soon as I level that high. Of course, it they make this Tome available whenever you get the original Polymorph. I guess there will be no Nobelgarden cheer for my mage this year.
Reply Quote
I am also disappointed with this change and I think at least this item should be available to all mages being that it only comes around once a year. Although i may be of an acceptible level to use this i have friends that are not who went through the process of gathering extra eggs that are now useless.

Please Blizzard change this to be available to every mage that wants it and is willing to put in the extra time to get it.
Reply Quote
FYI, this is a repost of a thread in the Customer Service forum that Vrakthris suggested be posted here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416205799#6

Thanks Harleane for the repost.
Reply Quote
14 Tauren Warrior
you can't buy it at low levels anymore?

i got it on my level 10 mage last year
Reply Quote

You can still buy it at low levels, but you have to be level 60 to learn it currently.
Reply Quote
Is this a petition to get it changed? If so:

/signed
Reply Quote

You can still buy it at low levels, but you have to be level 60 to learn it currently.

No, the requirement has changed to be like that of 85 PvP items, you have to be the level requirement before you can even purchase the item. A VERY stupid change.
Reply Quote

No, level 60 is now required to purchase it. :-(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Also quite disappointed.

Farmed my chocolates and had hopes of purchasing this and banking it until I was level 60.

Unable to purchase it right now because it requires level 60 to purchase and learn.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I am quite disappointed.
Reply Quote
Whoops. I stand corrected then. It said "Requires level 60" so I thought you had to be level 60 to learn it, but you could buy it anytime.

That's pretty dumb that there's a level requirement, in my opinion.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Hoping aboard the complaint-train, too. It seems, at least in the case of this purely cosmetic item, to be an unneccary restriction on a spell I already have access to.

If Blizzard has a valid reason, great. Otherwise, if I can afford it, I see no reason I shouldn't be able to buy it.
Reply Quote
3 Draenei Shaman
Did they remove it as a possible drop from the eggs? I know it dropped in eggs along with other buyables during last noblegarden, did they change things this year?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
I honestly don't know if it's still a drop from eggs, but I can tell you I had to have grinded close to 700 eggs (based off all the chocolate stacks I was destroying) and I didn't see one.

If it is a drop, would it even be lootable? I mean, if it's blocked off by one method, why leave it accessible another way?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
It's been a while since I got my Tome of Polymorph: Rabbit, but I definitely recall that I purchased this tome before I was able to learn it.

I'd like to offer my support to all lower-level mages who find themselves locked out of the ability to purchase a spell that provides only a cosmetic (and slightly goofy) change to their Polymorph ability.

How about it Blizz?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I am offering support to all the low level mages who have been disappointed to learn of the change in the availability of the Tome of Polymorph: Rabbit. I see no benefit to requiring players to be at level 60 to purchase the item. Holiday events provide a bit of whimsy to our world. Forcing players to wait another year for an item that is "just for fun", seems a bit mean-spirited...Perhaps you could reconsider?
Edited by Wynndee on 4/26/2011 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
<<<Chalk up another victim I farmed 118 of the chocolates and have all of the holiday rewards except tuxedo pants... Very upset BUT GOOD NEWS.. it takes approx 4-5 business days (meaning half days) to level from 40-60 based on how quickly I leveled from 43-49 yesterday, we should be able to make it!! TOO BAD THOUGH ATM the dang servers are down...

EDIT: To be very honest since this is a HOLIDAY event and it takes place in Goldshire, Dolanaar etc. the level cap for polymorph rabbit should be minimum.... A level 1 can farm chocolate so a level 1 deserves the rewards. (So pretty much allow the polymorph tome be used at the correct level to learn polymorph all together)
Edited by Koruptfétish on 4/26/2011 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
47 Undead Mage
I was level 40 last night when I found this out, I got too level 45 before the servers went down, I hope I get to level 60 before the holiday is up or I won't have anything I want from the vendor and seriously what more humiliating to be polymorphed into a Sheep or a Bunny? the only instance where a sheep would be more humiliating is a shaved sheep, and I don't think blizzard has the stones or the time to shave every sheep I polymorph!
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Mage
I fully expect people out there to be able to create a brand new mage today and level it to 60 before Noblegarden ends. That's someone without a job, mind you ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]