Why aren't Worgen making sounds when /roaring

85 Worgen Warrior
Morale is down 80%. I must roar!
Community Manager
You don't like it when we take stuff away from you!? ;P

So the actual issue was that there was a bug where emote /attacktarget for goblin and worgen played the sounds associated with both /roar and /attack at the same time, which sounded broken. Since no other race but goblin and worgen have roar sounds, the fix for the bug was to make them behave the same as all other races by removing the sounds.

I know, I know, but it's done. OR IS IT!?

Obviously people miss their roar sounds. What we're going to do is hook the goblin/worgen roar sounds back up in a 'future patch' (it's not hotfixable), hurray, and then attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

Goblin/worgen, unfortunately lose their roars for a short while, but in the end everyone wins! Or at least roars.
90 Gnome Warlock

So the actual issue was that there was a bug where emote /attacktarget for goblin and worgen played the sounds associated with both /roar and /attack at the same time, which sounded broken. Since no other race but goblin and worgen have roar sounds, the fix for the bug was to make them behave the same as all other races by removing the sounds.

Obviously people miss their roar sounds. What we're going to do is hook the goblin/worgen roar sounds back up in a 'future patch' (it's not hotfixable), hurray, and then attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

Goblin/worgen, unfortunately lose their roars for a short while, but in the end everyone wins! Or at least roars.

And the crowd roars with approval!
78 Goblin Rogue
BOOYA.
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Well that's good news!

EDIT: Assuming the new roars are not going to annoy the crap out of everyone. ;)
Edited by Cabal on 4/28/2011 11:24 AM PDT
62 Worgen Rogue
Thank you kindly for the reply Bashiok, makes me feel better knowing that we will get it back eventually, and new sounds too! Kind of thought another bug was the reason behind the removal of the /roar sound since other emote problems existed for Worgen and apparently Goblins too. Funny how such a little thing as a voiced emote got me all up in arms.

Thanks again!
85 Worgen Warrior
Yay! Thank you for the response, much appreciated.

/roar
90 Gnome Death Knight

That's awesome, but for the love of the great Mechanical Chicken in the sky (or whatever it is we gnomes worship) please don't give gnomes some sort of "cute" roar.

We are ferocious instruments of chaos, death and destruction. We are ferocous and terrifying and hor....

OMG KITTY!

/chase
83 Troll Mage
Ok good, I was worried, I love my roar sounds and its the only reason I rolled my worgen druid lol!
85 Human Death Knight
I want to have the male human aggro noise as my roar.

HUh
HUH
HUH
HUH
HUH
HUH
HUH

during a raid. yay.
90 Draenei Death Knight

So the solution to fix one sound glitch that no one seemed to mind was to completely remove another that everyone adored?

Okay.

And what do you mean record /roar sounds for every other race? Unless I'm mistaken every other race but the Draenei and the Blood Elves already have a /roar sound in the sound files that was removed from the emote back in Vanilla.
90 Tauren Druid

So tauren stay unique as being the only race with a unique emote sound then? Or are you going to give everyone else a /moo, too? ;P

Personally I was hoping everyone would just get a unique emote sound hitched to an emote that fits the race. But I guess this is fine too, since tauren still win out in the end :P

By the logic that roars were taken out because no other races have them, then the sniff sounds should be removed from the worgen, because no other race has it. Please remove the sniffing sound, and animation, they are werewolves not bloodhounds.
P.s. thanks for restoring the roar, also get a better voice acter for female worgen I can't stand sounding like marge simpson's chain smoking sister, and playing with the sound off is no fun.
Edited by Tsavis on 4/28/2011 11:55 AM PDT
It took them till 4.1 to fix the clucking laugh of the female worgen, I don't see our roar returning for 6+ months :P

PS: It does feel like a bug, since changing stances for warriors and such still makes roar sounds, but the emotes do not.

No roar when I shout or change stances. So its all gone,
Edited by Nazario on 4/28/2011 11:59 AM PDT
85 Undead Priest
04/28/2011 09:04 AMPosted by Jhon
Deleting this character and rerolling him as a human today. Took away the -only- reason I rolled a worgen warrior.

So... still deleting your character?
85 Undead Warrior
found the roar for undead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eEM-VB6Ts8&feature=related
7 Human Warrior
I GET TO ROAR

YAY
85 Worgen Warrior

Great news! Thank you for your reply, Bashiok!
85 Troll Mage

By the logic that roars were taken out because no other races have them, then the sniff sounds should be removed from the worgen, because no other race has it. Please remove the sniffing sound, and animation, they are werewolves not bloodhounds.
P.s. thanks for restoring the roar, also get a better voice acter for female worgen I can't stand sounding like marge simpson's chain smoking sister, and playing with the sound off is no fun.

They didn't take them out JUST because no other races have them. They took them out because it was an easy way to fix a bug AND also restored a little balance to the emotes.

Tauren are the only ones with a moo sound. Now worgen have the sniff. Sounds balanced to me. THe furries do furry things.

Honsetly it would be cool for all the races to have a race specific emote with a sound but I can't think of what they might be.

Anyway, I'm totally psyched for this. Thank you thank you thank thank you! :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]