Why aren't Worgen making sounds when /roaring

85 Troll Mage
Apparently the currently unused sound files can be macro'd in with something like this:

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsDwarfFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsDwarfMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsGnomeFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsGnomeMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsHumanFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsHumanMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsNightElfFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsNightElfMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsOrcFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsOrcMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsTaurenFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsTaurenMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsTrollFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsTrollMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsUndeadFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsUndeadMale.wav")

Only works on your end, but that should be sufficient while we wait :)
Edited by Facetrollin on 4/28/2011 12:14 PM PDT
90 Worgen Warrior
Roars sounds for all the races are already in the game files, have been for years :P.
91 Draenei Death Knight
04/28/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Garrinard
Roars sounds for all the races are already in the game files, have been for years :P.

Except for Draenei and Blood Elves, they were removed from the emote back in Vanilla for whatever reason.

Which is why I wonder what the blue means by recording /roar sounds for all the other races when they are already there for most.

And I can't seem to get the Worgen roar sound file to play.
85 Troll Mage
04/28/2011 12:18 PMPosted by Shandrie

I hope they didn't just take all the files out completely.... My post would be pretty pointless then :-P
85 Worgen Druid
04/28/2011 12:18 PMPosted by Shandrie

Except for Draenei and Blood Elves, they were removed from the emote back in Vanilla for whatever reason.

Which is why I wonder what the blue means by recording /roar sounds for all the other races when they are already there for most.

Well I hope they don't use THOSE, they sound more like death screams than ferocious roars.
91 Draenei Death Knight
04/28/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Facetrollin

I hope they didn't just take all the files out completely.... My post would be pretty pointless then :-P

No I tested the others and they still work, maybe they just took the sound file for Worgen out completely.

Yay.
100 Worgen Druid
You don't like it when we take stuff away from you!? ;P

So the actual issue was that there was a bug where emote /attacktarget for goblin and worgen played the sounds associated with both /roar and /attack at the same time, which sounded broken. Since no other race but goblin and worgen have roar sounds, the fix for the bug was to make them behave the same as all other races by removing the sounds.

I know, I know, but it's done. OR IS IT!?

Obviously people miss their roar sounds. What we're going to do is hook the goblin/worgen roar sounds back up in a 'future patch' (it's not hotfixable), hurray, and then attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

Goblin/worgen, unfortunately lose their roars for a short while, but in the end everyone wins! Or at least roars.

That makes sense, thank you for informing us Bashiok. ^_^
44 Tauren Paladin
Moo of FURY!!!!!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
you people are weird. wolvies don't roar, they howl.. :)
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I want to have the male human aggro noise as my roar.

HUh
HUH
HUH
HUH
HUH
HUH
HUH

during a raid. yay.

I think it's more of a "HOOWAH", of course it's so quick that the pronunciation is hard to decipher.
100 Draenei Warrior
I want to have the male human aggro noise as my roar.

HUH
HUH
HUH

This must be done! After playing for 5 years, that sound Still amuses me.

On a side note, I'm dying to know what you guys will end up making the Gnome roar sound like.
Edited by Horseshoes on 4/28/2011 12:41 PM PDT
60 Night Elf Druid
04/28/2011 11:21 AMPosted by Bashiok
What we're going to do is hook the goblin/worgen roar sounds back up in a 'future patch' (it's not hotfixable), hurray, and then attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

Don't record new sounds just yet! I am very certain that roar sounds for the original races (possibly not blood elves and draenei) were recorded already! They were in the MPQ files at some point. (Maybe they still are even? The data files for WoW have grown so huge over the years that I've stopped combing through them for goodies.) It may have been an earlier version of WoW, pre BC maybe, or maybe even during the beta. But I'm certain the roar sound effects already exist.

-----
edit:
I was beaten to it. Guess maybe I should read threads.
Apparently the currently unused sound files can be macro'd in with something like this:

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsDwarfFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsDwarfMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsGnomeFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsGnomeMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsHumanFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsHumanMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsNightElfFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsNightElfMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsOrcFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsOrcMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsTaurenFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsTaurenMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsTrollFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsTrollMale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsUndeadFemale.wav")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PlayerRoars\\CharacterRoarsUndeadMale.wav")

Only works on your end, but that should be sufficient while we wait :)
Edited by Lorinall on 4/28/2011 1:40 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thanks for the 411 on the roar, I was very upset to hear it was gone, I love the roar when taunting it just adds a bit more fun to the race.

Now if you could just De-Disney the female worgen and make their eyes glow, Id be even happier :P
90 Undead Warlock
I might just dust off my undead DK if he begins roaring for "BRAINS!" whenever he taunts. That might be a little cliche`, but I have prepared a thoughtful and well-researched counter-argument.

*ahem*

BRAINS!
/gnaw on next poster's head
85 Troll Shaman
04/28/2011 11:21 AMPosted by Bashiok

You need theme music for when people read your posts Bashiok
Well, despite losing the roar (which I loved :( ), at least the Worgen Females have tolerable voices now.
87 Worgen Warrior

So the actual issue was that there was a bug where emote /attacktarget for goblin and worgen played the sounds associated with both /roar and /attack at the same time, which sounded broken. Since no other race but goblin and worgen have roar sounds, the fix for the bug was to make them behave the same as all other races by removing the sounds.

Obviously people miss their roar sounds. What we're going to do is hook the goblin/worgen roar sounds back up in a 'future patch' (it's not hotfixable), hurray, and then attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

Goblin/worgen, unfortunately lose their roars for a short while, but in the end everyone wins! Or at least roars.

ok that's nice

why is my voice that of a sissy crumpet eating, tea swiller now instead of the gruff animal like one I used to have?
63 Worgen Warrior

And the crowd roars with approval!

Not me. I can't roar anymore ...

:(
100 Worgen Warrior
Yay! Mah Roars returnin!
85 Human Warrior

Yeah here we go again "in a future patch" just like the new dances and stuff we were promised an expansion ago. Face it our awesome sound effects wont come back because blizzard honestly doesnt care they will keep using the "soon" or 'future patch" excuse until it is forgotten.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]