Why aren't Worgen making sounds when /roaring

90 Human Death Knight
They've been debarked.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior
04/28/2011 11:21 AMPosted by Bashiok
attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

Gnome roar better be awe inspiring.

85 Worgen Death Knight
You don't like it when we take stuff away from you!? ;P

So the actual issue was that there was a bug where emote /attacktarget for goblin and worgen played the sounds associated with both /roar and /attack at the same time, which sounded broken. Since no other race but goblin and worgen have roar sounds, the fix for the bug was to make them behave the same as all other races by removing the sounds.

I know, I know, but it's done. OR IS IT!?

Obviously people miss their roar sounds. What we're going to do is hook the goblin/worgen roar sounds back up in a 'future patch' (it's not hotfixable), hurray, and then attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

Goblin/worgen, unfortunately lose their roars for a short while, but in the end everyone wins! Or at least roars.

awesome!
90 Tauren Warrior

So the actual issue was that there was a bug where emote /attacktarget for goblin and worgen played the sounds associated with both /roar and /attack at the same time, which sounded broken. Since no other race but goblin and worgen have roar sounds, the fix for the bug was to make them behave the same as all other races by removing the sounds.

Obviously people miss their roar sounds. What we're going to do is hook the goblin/worgen roar sounds back up in a 'future patch' (it's not hotfixable), hurray, and then attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

Goblin/worgen, unfortunately lose their roars for a short while, but in the end everyone wins! Or at least roars.

<3
85 Dwarf Shaman

Wow.

That is really, really lame. Seriously.
90 Gnome Mage

I hope you got your recorder on.

RRRROOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!

...yeah that got my pigtails vibrating. Though I suspect that sounded like a "meow" coming from me.
85 Night Elf Rogue
Gnome roar better be aww inspiring.

Fixed :)
90 Blood Elf Priest

Mmmrawr... Dibs on the catty roar for Belf females!
04/28/2011 11:55 AMPosted by Zelphie
Deleting this character and rerolling him as a human today. Took away the -only- reason I rolled a worgen warrior.

So... still deleting your character?

Unfortunately, I already did. And I was so happy when I deleted Jhon in protest too. Can't you let me be happy, Blizzard?
86 Night Elf Hunter
Not to derail this thread but i must say i am shocked and in awe how quickly a Blue responded to this thread. That's really awesome. Now...to talk about another thing that was taken away from us, the quiver graphic. Others and myself have posted countless times about it for months and never ever got any sort of reply.

Maybe, just maybe this is the lucky thread where an answer may finally be heard. Will us bow wielding hunters ever have the option of displaying a quiver again?

*crosses fingers*
*waits patiently*
85 Draenei Hunter
I have the addon Rawr!

There IS /roar sounds for just about everyone in the data files, the addon finds them.
3 Goblin Shaman
Good they'll be coming back.

Also i noticed no other race stands around sniffing in the AH but worgen, can you remove that for the same reason?

You don't have to reimplement a sniff for every other race after that though....
90 Human Mage
I have the addon Rawr!

There IS /roar sounds for just about everyone in the data files, the addon finds them.

Yeah but they sound really bad and unfinished and echoey. I'll be glad to hear these new sound effects when they come out.
77 Night Elf Druid
Here's a little request, I've been hoping that a /howl emote would be added for the worgen.
Everything to do it is already in the game, it just needs to be coded.

I'd say just use the regular wolf howl as it sounds great, and combine it with the animation that plays when you do /helpme as a worgen, it's a howling animation.

Would be a great addition.
85 Human Mage
then attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

This would be so awesome... I can't wait!
85 Troll Mage
Obviously people miss their roar sounds.

Microcosmic.
85 Human Hunter

Will this be patched the same time as the new dances?
90 Worgen Warrior

Ty =)

I don't say this to just anyone with pretty writing, but you sir, I like.
90 Orc Hunter
There actually already were roar sounds in the game, at least for the original races. I always wondered why they never used them. Maybe they were not up to quality standards? I personally like them and can't wait for them to be in the game, or newly recorded roars.

I'm not really sure if we are supposed to be looking at the game files so hopefully I don't get in trouble talking about this, but FYI: The old roars are located in the Data\Sound.MPQ under the Sound\Character\PlayerRoars folder. Some of them are hilarious!

Maybe blizzard forgot they are there and I can save them some re-recording? ;)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]