Why aren't Worgen making sounds when /roaring

86 Blood Elf Paladin
All well and good.... I guess.... but ummm why would everyone roar? Are we all animals? What is the deal about having to be PC about everything? I really do miss my worgen warriors roar though... really was the only reason I played on him... I put him up for now and until the roar comes back. I wish the running wild was instant its not a mount a worgen would be able to run and fast... just makes no sesne but then alot of things makes no sense.... I know I know we must all play fair ... right?? gezzz.
57 Human Death Knight
Man they are just doing this so they can give their favorit horde faction better roars since they see how much everybody loves the worgen roar....You just wait and watch...How dare the Alliance have something better then the horde for once
100 Draenei Death Knight
...attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

Goblin/worgen, unfortunately lose their roars for a short while, but in the end everyone wins! Or at least roars.

The other races -have- roar sounds, but they're normally dummied out. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXZU4Lg-E-k . So part of that is already done. :)
90 Worgen Druid
To be honest i take this as an insult to injury mainly due to the fact that (1) it was never listed as a bug that needed to be fixed in the patch notes (2) it was purley un-noticable and lastly this kind of thing has brought people up in an uproar. the only thing that has made this situation better is by what was said about possibly brining it back fixed but with all the other races...and to be honest i think thats a bad idea in a sense that it was unique to the worgen and teh goblin. I i mean what if you too the /moo from the tauren. how many people would be upset about it (granted its not as popular as the /growl and the /roar emote sounds). after that atleast that people are happy along with me personally. just please next time you guys (blizzard) make note of glitches atleast put EVERYTHING that is wrong in the patch notes to let people know, cause that is teh reason why people were on the hostile side of things till the explanation was sent.....
~enjoy the heart felt comment~
100 Pandaren Shaman
You don't like it when we take stuff away from you!? ;P

So the actual issue was that there was a bug where emote /attacktarget for goblin and worgen played the sounds associated with both /roar and /attack at the same time, which sounded broken. Since no other race but goblin and worgen have roar sounds, the fix for the bug was to make them behave the same as all other races by removing the sounds.

I know, I know, but it's done. OR IS IT!?

Obviously people miss their roar sounds. What we're going to do is hook the goblin/worgen roar sounds back up in a 'future patch' (it's not hotfixable), hurray, and then attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

Goblin/worgen, unfortunately lose their roars for a short while, but in the end everyone wins! Or at least roars.

If this is what it takes to finally hear what my taurens and trolls sound like roaring with bestial vigor... then I accept the terms of temporary loosing the voice for my worgens.

Please don't take to long though? Worgen had the most epic roars in game.
85 Worgen Druid
I hope it's not going to be too long before this issue gets fixed. I already miss my /roar.

I still think it was lame that they even considered removing the audio in the first place when it was so incredibly badass.

Wait... you're a female worgen. You don't know what an epic roar was :P
85 Human Warrior
WOOOHOOO finally getting my own roar!
100 Night Elf Rogue
04/28/2011 11:21 AMPosted by Bashiok
and then attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

I just want to say that I've been playing this character for 6 years, the female nelf voice actor has a really sexy voice, and I've been waiting to hear a /roar voice emote for this character for quite some time now.
100 Worgen Priest
Whilst you'd get sued out of your backsides.

I'd give you 1,000,000,000,000 internet cookies if orcs could go WAAAGH!

Also the best roar i've ever heard come out of a human mouth is from Johan Hegg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVAQQujgSxQ < try to get your roars to match that.
Edited by Halvdan on 5/1/2011 11:40 AM PDT
80 Dwarf Priest
I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with all of this =)
85 Worgen Warrior
Yeah, I was upset when I didn't have my /roar anymore.
83 Worgen Warrior
This makes me happy.

So the actual issue was that there was a bug where emote /attacktarget for goblin and worgen played the sounds associated with both /roar and /attack at the same time, which sounded broken. Since no other race but goblin and worgen have roar sounds, the fix for the bug was to make them behave the same as all other races by removing the sounds.

Obviously people miss their roar sounds. What we're going to do is hook the goblin/worgen roar sounds back up in a 'future patch' (it's not hotfixable), hurray, and then attempt to record /roar sounds for all the other races to add to the game in a patch after that.

Wait just a tootin' moment!

The other races do in fact have roar sounds. In fact, I have a macro that plays my male orc roar sound for me to hear when I cast Battle Shout or Commanding Shout.

EDIT: Actually female Draenei and BE kind of have sounds resembling /cheer but...uh...

*runs away*
Edited by Firesoul on 5/4/2011 5:49 AM PDT
100 Human Warrior

Just don't take my worgen's /sniff animation away! That thing is hilarious.
85 Human Priest
Soon we will all be able to /roar hooray :D
85 Night Elf Warrior
Yeah, Blizzard, fix this or else.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]