Please revert Horse Mount animation changes

30 Troll Mage
Future ground mount suggestion:

Coconuts. What? Coconuts!

Go watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

/Gallops off clacking coconut shells at 100% ground speed.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have to agree, the old animation was much better.
Reply Quote
64 Human Warlock
04/27/2011 12:20 AMPosted by Cezar
The only one that was worse was the TBC stealth animation change to humans, wich was so bad they actually changed it back mid way expac.

Oh, there's been worse. They accidently stuffed up the gnome stealth animation once too. If you kicked on sprint while stealthing you looked like the roadrunner, little blurry legs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I agree as well. It looks stupid.
Reply Quote
Future ground mount suggestion:

Coconuts. What? Coconuts!

Go watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

/Gallops off clacking coconut shells at 100% ground speed.

The argent squire/gruntling should be clacking the coconut shells behind you while you run.

Make it so Blizz! And fix the horse animations while you are at it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
The new animation makes riding a horse look silly. It really breaks my suspension of disbelief.

Please revert to the previous smooth animation.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
yea... I HATE IT. My pally horse is unusable now because the animation is really terrible. I can only hope they'll revert it (and know they won't). Sigh.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
That wotlk beta one was awesome, change the horses to THAT.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/26/2011 05:16 PMPosted by Industry
I log in today and notice that some of my favorite mounts (Forsaken Warhorses, Argent Warhorse, etc) now run identical to the way Talbuk's run. This running animation isn't natural and is the sole reason I never ride the Talbuk mounts.

The change in movement of the rider on some mounts is the result of a bug introduced with 4.1.

It will be fixed in a future patch.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Death Knight
04/27/2011 12:05 PMPosted by Kaivax
I log in today and notice that some of my favorite mounts (Forsaken Warhorses, Argent Warhorse, etc) now run identical to the way Talbuk's run. This running animation isn't natural and is the sole reason I never ride the Talbuk mounts.

The change in movement of the rider on some mounts is the result of a bug introduced with 4.1.

omg Thank you. This actually means more to me than the new instances. No, really.. I'm not kidding.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I dont get whats wrong with the animation? And yes, I watched the vids.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
The only time this bothered me was on my Headless Horseman mount. WTH does a flying horse rock forward and back while in the air? SO glad it's a bug and getting fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
04/27/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Aedeus

... Why not a hotfix?

It's a client-side animation bug. That's not fixable with a hotfix.

Also, if we're going to fix horse mount animations, revert it to the way it was before 3.2, back when human/paladin horses actually had their own unique running animation instead of piggy backing on the skeletal horses. And fix the bear's animation too, it has the same bobblehead and shakiness of the new horse animation. Dunno when that got changed, but it annoyed me greatly when I first saw it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

Oh, no. So we're stuck with this for... what weeks? Months?

Do we know which mounts are affected? I know the horses of all types are. What about the cats? Gods, now I'm going to grinding rep on toons that I never planned on just to get rid of the broken animations.

And yes, I'm going to be snarky and say a very sarcastic "thanks" to the person who was supposed to QA that section of the patch code, and clearly failed to do his job. Bravo, whoever you are.
Edited by Glaras on 4/27/2011 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]