Please revert Horse Mount animation changes

85 Dwarf Shaman
The change in movement of the rider on some mounts is the result of a bug introduced with 4.1.

It will be fixed in a future patch.

Oh, no. So we're stuck with this for... what weeks? Months?

Do we know which mounts are affected? I know the horses of all types are. What about the cats? Gods, now I'm going to grinding rep on toons that I never planned on just to get rid of the broken animations.

And yes, I'm going to be snarky and say a very sarcastic "thanks" to the person who was supposed to QA that section of the patch code, and clearly failed to do his job. Bravo, whoever you are.

Months.

Start enjoying your other mounts I guess.

/sigh
Reply Quote
Yeah, it does look odd, doesnt it?

:\
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I'm just not seeing it. (But then, I love Talbuks...)

Glad it will be fixed, I guess?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I log in today and notice that some of my favorite mounts (Forsaken Warhorses, Argent Warhorse, etc) now run identical to the way Talbuk's run. This running animation isn't natural and is the sole reason I never ride the Talbuk mounts.

The change in movement of the rider on some mounts is the result of a bug introduced with 4.1.

Will this also address the animations that were broken way back in 3.0? For a more elaborate post on what was broken...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2325034399?page=1

Edit: Also, will the issues to Invincible be fixed? And fixed without causing more?
Edited by Schrei on 4/27/2011 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
OMG MY HORSE RUNS FUNNY.

END OF THE WORLD.

Even though I can fly over 95% of everything.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
OMG MY HORSE RUNS FUNNY.

END OF THE WORLD.

An issue is an issue. They all need fixed.
Reply Quote
63 Worgen Warlock
I'm always amazed at bugs that affect objects or actions that, at least on the surface, have nothing to do with implemented changes. Do you know what I mean? What did the patch change that resulted in bugged mount animation?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
i like how the video you're showing for this, shows off how CTA has made que times so short, you can't even finish your video in time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

You can't fly in any PVP area. (Tol Barad, BG's, Arenas). For some of us that mainly PVP this is ugly as crap to stare at.
Reply Quote
84 Draenei Paladin
OMG MY HORSE RUNS FUNNY.

END OF THE WORLD.

Boy, I sure am glad all of my alts start at level 60 now. I'd hate to have to level them for forty levels with this stupid animation while riding.
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Shaman
Can you fix the talbuks while you're at it? I miss my armored talbuks. :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I miss noises that horses and undead mounts made specially when harrashing other places if you did it right it goes over over. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Aww, I like the new animation better. It's much more realistic than the totally smooth unnatural ride of before.

I also like the Talbuks but only the ones without armor. Head armor on Talbuks, Cats, Elekks, and especially the perforated wok on the Amani bear, all look ridiculous.
Edited by Danielfboone on 4/27/2011 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Can you fix the talbuks while you're at it? I miss my armored talbuks. :(

This!
Reply Quote
1 Troll Mage
While you're at it, give all the horses the old Deathcharger animations. Those were seriously the best horse animations in the game - the ridiculous floppy-assed ones we have now just aren't cutting it.

At least give the Deathchargers their animations back. :( My Crimson Deathcharger hasn't been the same since 4.0.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
<3 Swift Olive Raptor and thank you Darkspear trolls!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Thanks for letting us know.

Don't shoot the messenger, guys. It's not like he can control when it's fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
04/27/2011 12:05 PMPosted by Kaivax
I log in today and notice that some of my favorite mounts (Forsaken Warhorses, Argent Warhorse, etc) now run identical to the way Talbuk's run. This running animation isn't natural and is the sole reason I never ride the Talbuk mounts.

On a similar matter, I got my hands on a Swift Spectral Tiger a few weeks back and was highly disappointed when I mounted up on my kilt wearing Shaman. The kilt basically goes right through the mount rather than sit on top of it. This obviously wouldnt be noticable on normal "solid" mounts, however it is clearly visible since this mount is translucent. I really hope this is a bug and not intended design for one of the rarest mounts in game.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/27/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Aedeus

... Why not a hotfix?

This, and with a new patch means even MORE bugs... I'm aware that bugs can and DO happen with anything, technology-wise, but I do think you should at least take a lot more time testing a patch before it's released. Everything just seems so rushed together, and on my server's trade chat, there's a lot more people complaining about this new patch than there are people that actually sell stuff there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]