Spell pushback after patch

85 Undead Warlock
04/27/2011 06:58 AMPosted by Skootaloo
I tested this earlier. Warlocks suffer a 0.5 second push back per hit with a max of 2 hits per cast (somebody who DW's will not push back a cast any more than a 2hand user). So, for every cast that you try to do with anybody on you (including a pet) you are pushed back a full second. Mages can get the Burning Soul talent and their push back is lessened a bit and it's 0.4 per hit for a max of two per cast.

That's actually how it's supposed to work, barring the possibility that it's ignoring pushback reduction abilities.

Even the baked-in pushback? Mages are the only class that shouldn't have it.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/26/2011 08:27 PMPosted by Brodizzle
The spell push back levels after patch are significantly greater now then they were before patch. No where in the patch notes is it indicated that push back would be increased.

Please note that this is the result of a bug that has been identified and is being hotfixed.

The hotfix should be completed very soon.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
04/27/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Kaivax
The spell push back levels after patch are significantly greater now then they were before patch. No where in the patch notes is it indicated that push back would be increased.

Please note that this is the result of a bug that has been identified and is being hotfixed.

ty ty <3
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
My tests were done with a DK hitting me, a priests shadow fiend + spells hitting me and a rogue hitting me. However, I never tested multiple players hitting me at the same time to see if an additional person hitting added more time.

It's pretty dumb and has to be a bug. However, according to a guildmate who mains his lock for both raiding and PvP, he said that the pushback bug was listed as a bug on the PTR for a VERY long time and Blizzard has never responded to it.

Having it confirmed now at least is nice. But I am still appalled how this bug and the DK rune bug ever made it live after the problem being present on multiple PTR builds for months.
Edited by Amerika on 4/27/2011 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Since the release of 4.1, I have noticed an exceptional amount of delay in key presses. I have tried disabling all of my addons, and messing around with the new options for having a cast go off with the downpress of a key, but it is much more difficult to maintain a concise rotation. I am finding it very difficult to maintain a CS-ASx2-SSx5 rotation without clipping CS far more than I am used to. Everything feels a lot more clunky. Is anyone else noticing this?

Here's a better way to describe what's going on, I cast a spell and it works correctly in my case for example Steady Shot, the shot/cast itself works normal but the icon that usually spins aka Global cooldowns stops sometimes and I can not spell queue correctly, it doesn't happen every global but quite randomly.

It can completely throw off ones rotation and I have noticed a huge dps loss in raid and on target dummies.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Since the release of 4.1, I have noticed an exceptional amount of delay in key presses. I have tried disabling all of my addons, and messing around with the new options for having a cast go off with the downpress of a key, but it is much more difficult to maintain a concise rotation. I am finding it very difficult to maintain a CS-ASx2-SSx5 rotation without clipping CS far more than I am used to. Everything feels a lot more clunky. Is anyone else noticing this?

Here's a better way to describe what's going on, I cast a spell and it works correctly in my case for example Steady Shot, the shot/cast itself works normal but the icon that usually spins aka Global cooldowns stops sometimes and I can not spell queue correctly, it doesn't happen every global but quite randomly.

It can completely throw off ones rotation and I have noticed a huge dps loss in raid and on target dummies.
Ya I know about that I have about 65 ms but my casts go off like i have over a K ms.Seems it started a few weeks a go but with this patch its much worse .I lose a average of 2 k dps to it .
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
At first I thought I had mistyped my DL no clip macro....good to know its being fixed.

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
04/27/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Kaivax

Please note, this is the kinda crap that should be caught by internal QA with standard unit testing, and not even make it to the PTR, much less the live servers....

Seriously, how do such major bugs such as this and the DK runes yesterday make it to release?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hurray for a response and an incoming fix!

Now the questions just becomes... how long is it going to take to actually show up? 'Very Soon' might be tomorrow or it might be a month.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
04/27/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Sinopsis

Please note, this is the kinda crap that should be caught by internal QA with standard unit testing, and not even make it to the PTR, much less the live servers....

Seriously, how do such major bugs such as this and the DK runes yesterday make it to release?

Please note, this is no where near as easy as you make it seem.

Did you know that the same code can run very differently on different machines? Even on the same model machines.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
04/27/2011 12:39 PMPosted by Squirrelnut
Now the questions just becomes... how long is it going to take to actually show up? 'Very Soon' might be tomorrow or it might be a month.
For a serious bug like this, it will be compelted in hours, not days or even weeks.

They will want to slam a fix in ASAP so that only a few people notice. When only a few people notice, they would have to distribute a special "we dun goofed (again)" communication. They can just communicate the fix via a 'hotfixes this week' update or whatever they do.
Reply Quote
5 Worgen Rogue
That explains why I was having so much trouble in arena... I thought something didn't feel right.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Yep, I noticed this yesterday too, thought I was going crazy because I'd go to hit the next spell in my rotation and it just wouldn't go off. I also noticed something very, very weird:

Spells normally fire when you release the hot key for them. IE, if Corruption is hotkeyed to 1 and you press the key down and hold it, nothing happens, but when you let go of the key, it fires (keyup event). Yesterday and I noticed the weird clipping I played around and saw that the spells were all firing on keydown events instead (ie, you press the key down and BAM, it casts). This was screwing me up terribly because normally I'd already have the key pressed down waiting for the right time to release it to cast the next spell, and it'd try to use the spell in the middle of a GCD since it was using the keydown event now.

I confirmed this on several spells, opened my options menu to see if there was some new option to change this, called my wife over to show her how it was working backwards, and BAM, the keydown event was the one firing spells again. She thought I was crazy, but darn it, I know what I saw. lol. Not sure if maybe this is happening on and off again or what, but it might be contributing to the problem.
Edited by Ðrave on 4/27/2011 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

Did you know that the same code can run very differently on different machines? Even on the same model machines.

I work on the engineering team that deals with both hardware and software development for one of the biggest cell phone carriers in the nation. So I know what goes into making things work correctly and how much of a pain it is. People will get upset over things that they don't have much of an understanding of. I happens and it's just something you have to deal with and not lose too much sleep over.

But, the problem I have and many other have is the fact that this bug and the DK rune bug was known about on the PTR for a very long time. This wasn't something that just appeared due to a variation from PTR to live servers that was not foreseen. Something like that is excusable. But what is not excusable is the bugs being known about for quite a length of time and still making it to live servers. Which caused all kinds of problems for the player base. It would appear Blizzards QA team consists of just a couple of guys who are most likely working their butts off but can't even hope to cover everything and simply cross their fingers and pray when patches get released.

It's mis-management at its finest and all of us subscribers get to deal with it. It's like Blizzard stopped doing a ton of QA and reading PTR bug reports and subscribe to the "oh lets get it on live and we can just hotfix it later".
Edited by Amerika on 4/27/2011 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior

Oh ok, yea if it was a known bug (did they acknowledge it?), then yea no excuse.

If they didn't acknowledge it, then did the folks reporting it use the proper process? From the sounds of your work experience, I am guessing so, and thus you are right.

p.s. I'm an engineer too. Sometimes I get so tired of how easy people think these things are...

I work on the engineering team that deals with both hardware and software development for one of the biggest cell phone carriers in the nation. So I know what goes into making things work correctly and how much of a pain it is. People will get upset over things that they don't have much of an understanding of. I happens and it's just something you have to deal with and not lose too much sleep over.

But, the problem I have and many other have is the fact that this bug and the DK rune bug was known about on the PTR for a very long time. This wasn't something that just appeared due to a variation from PTR to live servers that was not foreseen. Something like that is excusable. But what is not excusable is the bugs being known about for quite a length of time and still making it to live servers. Which caused all kinds of problems for the player base. It would appear Blizzards QA team consists of just a couple of guys who are most likely working their butts off but can't even hope to cover everything and simply cross their fingers and pray when patches get released.

It's mis-management at its finest and all of us subscribers get to deal with it. It's like Blizzard stopped doing a ton of QA and reading PTR bug reports and subscribe to the "oh lets get it on live and we can just hotfix it later".
Reply Quote
36 Tauren Druid
is this still bugged? still dont see it reflected on the hotfixes or known issues page ..

is this issue still bugged?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]