Cross-server transfer of Heirlooms

85 Human Priest

# Account Bound Items

* Many "Account Bound" heirlooms are now labeled as "Battle.net Account Bound", meaning that they can also be traded or mailed to characters that are on different World of Warcraft accounts under the same Battle.net account.

* Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.

* Mailing account-bound items to characters of the opposite faction on the same Battle.net account will now correctly translate faction-specific items to their appropriate equivalent.

Blizzard Developers:
I had thought you finally pulled the trigger on the ability to transfer Heirloom items to your alts on a different server. Wrong again! I just want to let you know the outrage and pure disappointment that I feel for your lack of a common sense solution to this problem. So lets take a look at this tragic failure on your part; I can transfer account bound items across realms if I happen to own two accounts on the same battle net account. Why? What is the reason behind this tremendously stupid solution for an issue that should have been fixed years ago? You guys act like moving bites of data across one virtual realm to another is rocket science or is it that you respond more favorably to your customers if they are stuffing your pockets with dollars?

Get this right Blizzard and stop pretending that the concept of sending mail across servers is anymore difficult than sending an email. Especially when connectivity between servers was established years ago with the implementation of PvP battlegrounds.
You have no clue what you are talking about. If you want to suggest this kinda thing, do it in general.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi Zayni. Welcome to the CS Forum. This is the most heavily moderated forum on the site. While trolling is not allowed in any forum, it is even more frowned on here.

With regards to your issue- it isn't Blizzard's fault that you read something in the patch notes that wasn't actually there. They never said anything about lifting cross-server mailing restrictions. And figuring out how to change the mailing system in order to allow cross-server mailing is actually harder than you make it sound. Connecting players across servers is not the same as cross-server mailing, no matter how much you may want them to be the same.

In short, they're working on it, and they aren't going to go any faster because you spend a paragraph or two insulting them.
28 Orc Hunter
04/26/2011 09:05 PMPosted by Zayni
I am speaking to the people that are supposed to be supporting their customers, not some random fanboi that wants to troll on forums. Shut It!

You are clueless.

You have no clue how things work at Blizzard. I noticed you gave no solution to this "simple" problem. If you truly believe it's simple, let's hear your solution.
1 Orc Shaman
04/26/2011 09:05 PMPosted by Zayni
I am speaking to the people that are supposed to be supporting their customers, not some random fanboi that wants to troll on forums. Shut It!

Welcome to a public forum. If you want a private discussion with a Blizzard employee put in an in game ticket (which will not help you in this case).
85 Undead Death Knight
It is not as email to transfer data from one server to another, especially dynamically, if you had the slightest understanding of programming you would know that, but since you don't even know how to properly spell "bytes", I'm guessing you don't have the slightest idea. So don't assume it's so easy when you don't have the slightest idea.
90 Night Elf Druid
They have a point, they should of put more detail into the wording. "Same server" blah blah. I was excited hoping I could use heirlooms to start on a new realm (aggy is full with 10).
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/26/2011 09:30 PMPosted by Nighthistle
They have a point, they should of put more detail into the wording. "Same server" blah blah. I was excited hoping I could use heirlooms to start on a new realm (aggy is full with 10).

You have never been able to send items cross-server, regardless of which account you wanted to send them to.

Why should they have to specify that they were not changing that?
1 Blood Elf Warrior
How do i send my Heirloom gear to another server then?
100 Tauren Druid
Why do people not look at dates on these old threads? stop the necros!
85 Undead Mage
07/20/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Melisaran
How do i send my Heirloom gear to another server then?

Create a level 1 alt.
Give the Heirloom items to that alt.
Pay Blizzard to transfer that level 1 alt to the other server.
Have the level 1 alt give the heirloom to the character on that server.
Delete the level 1 alt.

This is why Blizzard will never make heirlooms mailable across servers. They make good money off you transfering level 1's to move them.

this is untrue... you have to be at least lvl 10 to transfer
85 Human Paladin
just wanted to state that battlegrounds weren't always cross server...
85 Draenei Warrior
07/20/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Vorem
Why do people not look at dates on these old threads? stop the necros!

I was gonna say it's been a while since I've seen a thread about this.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/20/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Highgynx

Create a level 1 alt.
Give the Heirloom items to that alt.
Pay Blizzard to transfer that level 1 alt to the other server.
Have the level 1 alt give the heirloom to the character on that server.
Delete the level 1 alt.

This is why Blizzard will never make heirlooms mailable across servers. They make good money off you transfering level 1's to move them.

this is untrue... you have to be at least lvl 10 to transfer

Correct, you must be level 10.
Melisaran - You should probably think before speaking.
Zayni - No one wants to hear you !@#$%ing about something they're working on, do you think its going to make them go quicker? I don't. Keep your cry baby antics to yourself.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]