Gilneas..............

(Locked)

13 Worgen Mage
So, let me get this straight.... Blizzard creates this beautiful city called Gilneas, spends time, money, effort in making this great detailed city with beautiful surroundings, music, people, etc. All this effort to be an abandoned place and only usable in levels 1-12.......ooooo#**#**k and my home ends up being Darnassus... ewww common is this a joke?? Imagine Gilneas the way stormwind is now, it would be the most beautiful city.

All I got to say is you Blizzard people are weird and kinda stupid (no disrespect really).

Both goblins and worgens get great stories and quest zones but neither get their own city...Im very dissapointed especially with how the worgen story ended....
100 Tauren Shaman
Well, Goblins kind of get Bilgewater Harbor.

Though I'd really like to see it get fleshed out with all the same offerings as any other major city.
85 Goblin Hunter
04/26/2011 09:26 PMPosted by Cólt
Imagine Gilneas the way stormwind is now, it would be the most beautiful city.

Blight filled streets are beautiful?

I guess the green glow of plague may have a certain, semi-lethal allure to it.
85 Troll Shaman
But then they'd actually have to give something to the Worgen.
If you have Alliance pride, you should be happy Worgens don't have a city because Genn Greymane is in the room with Varian and he likes to AoE fear attacking Hordes into wiping. So many groups fail because of Genn.
85 Human Warlock
id have to agree with you. i havent finished the goblins story but im pretty sure its the same.
why so much work into it if it will never be used outside of leveling out of it.
and why darnassus? wouldnt stormwind be a better canidate for the worgen area? were already sheepherded there due to the portals and various dailies. it is nice to see that other cities are getting some love with the new dailies added to them.
85 Worgen Hunter
There are seagulls... I think.
13 Worgen Mage
I like how you call Blizz stupid, then say 'no disrespect'. Contradiction much? xD

Anywho, I wish we had gotten to keep Gilneas too (along with the Goblin place, whatever it's called), hopefully we'll get to go back in a later patch or something. I'm not sure why they made the new starting areas that way in the first place, what was the purpose behind that?

You are right I didnt mean to contradict myself and I dont want to offend anyone, but it doesnt make sense to spend all that time and money for 12 quests.... I dont get it.
Blizzard Employee
We didn't want to tempt you with other cities you'd never want to visit.

BURN! (on us maybe)

Losing your starting city, homes, etc. just fit with the Cataclysm vibe. It's one of the few places where I think that ultimate devastation really played out. Obviously more literally for the Goblins, but similarly for Worgen. But even with that similar thread of 'loss, they're different stories, and the battle rages on to this day to control Gilneas.

Much like the other battlegrounds, it's lost to no one, and sought by all.
100 Human Mage
Go to sleep drysc, for srs
85 Worgen Warlock
We didn't want to tempt you with other cities you'd never want to visit.

BURN! (on us maybe)

Losing your starting city, homes, etc. just fit with the Cataclysm vibe. It's one of the few places where I think that ultimate devastation really played out. Obviously more literally for the Goblins, but similarly for Worgen. But even with that similar thread of 'loss, they're different stories, and the battle rages on to this day to control Gilneas.

Much like the other battlegrounds, it's lost to no one, and sought by all.

So, it was decided the best way to avoid the Exodar problem...was to do it again but in a much stupider way?
100 Blood Elf Hunter
04/26/2011 09:38 PMPosted by Gadoken
So, it was decided the best way to avoid the Exodar problem...was to do it again but in a much stupider way?

It's not a capital city. Problem averted.
85 Worgen Warlock
04/26/2011 09:40 PMPosted by Vv

It's not a capital city. Problem averted.

My point is it's a fantastic city and they didn't even give it a chance. Hell, even the battleground is barely in Gilneas.
85 Undead Warrior
3 expansions later I'm guessing we're going to take those cities back?
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Could rebuild the park in SW at the image of Gilneas.

That said, I wish we got to use the rest of the cities, I'm sick of Org.
Well, I understand Blizzard's point of view with how nobody visited Exodar. But to be fair also, Exodar was just placed in the most distant corner all the way up there in Kalimdor on an island that didn't even have a flightpoint you could reach from the mainland.

Gilneas is in northern Eastern Kingdoms where the closest major city is Ironforge which is more in the center. I think Gilneas would have been used ALOT more than the Exodar, especially since its such a beautiful city with an amazing style.

This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]