portals in shattrath/dalaran?

90 Tauren Warrior
Thank you, Blizz, for putting the portals back. Some of us are forced away from playing for a time, by illness or hardship or other circumstances beyond our control. Its good to see some kindness extended to those players as well. Peace.
Granted, they're not the smorgasboard of portals there before...just Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

I'm guessing they wanted an easier way for players to escape from the expansion lands once they hit the level caps. ;)

I found the one in Shatt. Where's the one in Dal?
85 Night Elf Warrior
Shandrie, it doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about. Not everyone has the DK portal, and from there flying to the closest major city, etc. Not everyone has all of the different things to take them where they want to go. Not quoting, but as Bashiok was saying, some people don't know where to go, and this saves time. It sounds like you are the one that likes to sit in major cities since you don't have problems getting anywhere.

Solaru, why waste time arguing with someone that's clueless?

Dokilar, I don't think anyone took it as qq'ing, or trolling from your first post. There were alot of people complaining, and I personally don't blame them. I'm glad the portals are back, will make things much better for some, and not affect the rest.
Note to the Blizz Gods:

1. Thank you for putting the portals to SW/ORG back.
2. Please put the others back as well.
3. If not #2, then please put the portal to Shat back in Dal.

For all the reasons previously mentioned. We've seen the new content. It's pretty. Yes. Pretty. Now let us get back to business. I can't do my fun dailies without the portals and still get to school/work on time. And really, it's no skin off anyone else that wants to ignore the portals. Options are always a good thing.

Thanks again!
71 Human Warrior
Blizz really needs to put portals back in shat nd dall...it makes the game flow more
100 Night Elf Hunter
Merkin, they DID put them back.

And, hey, thanks Blizz. Really appreciate it.

My hearth is now back in Dalaran which I prefer over SW but it's now easy again to get back to SW and from there to wherever I want to go without the lengthy travel first.

My thanks to you :)
85 Human Hunter
Thank you. That's all I'm going to say. Well that too. And that... Oh Well.
85 Tauren Druid
now can they also give the cata portals to the other main cities? it would reduce lag for many players, give life to places people dont visit no more, and help bring that feeling of nostalgia.

Personally, I hate org, yet I've always loved thunderbluff, but because I go out to cata areas a lot to farm or help guildies I pretty much have to use org as my main city, While that may be the intent for the developers, to make stormwind and org the hubs again, the other cities are now ghost towns... when they still have such potential
85 Dwarf Warrior
yup.......ditto
85 Tauren Warrior
Granted, they're not the smorgasboard of portals there before...just Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

I'm guessing they wanted an easier way for players to escape from the expansion lands once they hit the level caps. ;)

I found the one in Shatt. Where's the one in Dal?

Same place the old one was.

Personally, I'm now bound to Shat.

Teleport ring to Dal - check. Portal to Org - check.

I can now quickly go anywhere in the game.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
darn...Blizz caved in...o well...
90 Blood Elf Mage
I liked having my hearth in Dalaran and even though I'm a mage, I used the portals all the time. Why spend a rune when you have a free portal, right?

Taking the portals out of Shat and Dal made both sanctuary cities veritable ghost towns - a waste of space on two continents.

And for those of us who love doing achievements, anything that involved say putting bunny ears on an alliance character became a death defying challenge as you flew over Stormwind or Goldshire looking for a female dwarf over level 18. Dal and Shat use to make achievements like that a little easier.

Surprisingly, even though the portals are back, I'm still getting asked for ports to Dal and Shat from Org.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Because I'm a person who believes you can never say thank you enough, THANK YOU! Even though my main is happy to be based out of SW now, I can't express how frustrating it has been for my newest 75 to get around. When my friend who I'm leveling with said he could put his hearth in Dal again because they reinstated the portals, I was thrilled. Northrend is a long flight from coast to coast, and being able to go anywhere (including a capital) from a central location just makes things easier. My Mage is not going to miss the income ;)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]