portals in shattrath/dalaran?

90 Draenei Death Knight
04/27/2011 01:05 AMPosted by Northlol
brb making dal hearth again

Pretty much what people are gonna do now if they want to avoid the crowded Orig/SW and Blizz said this was the reason the portals were removed.........so people wouldn't use old hubs for anything other then leveling. /boggle
85 Orc Warlock
04/27/2011 01:05 AMPosted by Solaru
im not qq'ing please dont mistake my post as such

Oh...not at all. I was just talking about the group of people do that and not you.

Blizz does something to give is more time having fun and less time doing not so fun things and some just have to complain.

thank you!

i dont play on a super computer and to be honest i dont pve a whole lot so zoning into an area thats super laggy is kind of annoying for me.

being able to hearth and chill in shattrath is great for me and i thank you for making this change blizz!!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh look, the players were right and blizzard was in the wrong, again.

I'm not surprised, I knew this would happen.
Today is the day Orgrimmar died QQ

T_T

I don't know that will happen. You could make your home in UC and TB before 4.1 and be in Org in less than 2 minutes.

Portal to Blasted lands--->Through the Dark Portal--->The portals to SW/Org to the left and right of the Dark Portal on the Outland side

90 Night Elf Druid
Pretty much what people are gonna do now if they want to avoid the crowded Orig/SW and Blizz said this was the reason the portals were removed.........so people wouldn't use old hubs for anything other then leveling. /boggle

I will probably do the same to get the cooking dailies done. Bashiok, that reason holds no water against the reasons that have been stated against such portals. Players getting lost, did they somehow forget how to use their mounts? Which ever, its been done.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 4/27/2011 1:19 AM PDT
91 Night Elf Hunter
Today is the day Orgrimmar died QQ

T_T

Hardly.

SW and Org are far too crowded now. I've set my hearths elsewhere on several alts just to avoid the masses of trolls, gold beggars and general griefers sitting on npc's and mailboxes.
Community Manager

You a geneous.
85 Blood Elf Paladin

You a geneous.

Sorry if I came off rude Bashiok, removing the portals was a bad decision, the reasoning behind it was flawed, if only because the portals to all the new content were in org. I'd rather not sit through the extra loading screen.
85 Orc Warlock

You a geneous.

i assure you good sir i did not make this post to cause more of a headache on your already busy night, but i do however thank you tremendously for answering my post =)
85 Orc Rogue
We had a number of instances where people were coming back to the game after not playing for a long period, in some cases years, and having a really difficult time finding their way to where they should be.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar portals now exist in Dalaran and Shattrath to help them get to the relevant cities in Cataclysm; one for each faction, and only those two portals exist to facilitate that intent.

lol are you kidding me... after all the dumb excuses since cata was released, why cave now?
90 Draenei Death Knight
04/27/2011 01:18 AMPosted by Noctemtenchi

I will probably do the same to get the cooking dailies done. Bashiok, that reason holds no water against the reasons that have been stated against such portals. Players getting lost, did they somehow forget how to use their mounts? Which ever, its been done.

I find the people getting lost reason a bit weak as well but whatever, I really can't say I'm surprised by anything anymore.

So many things that were never going to happen have.

I don't think this will make SW and Orig ghost towns but I know a few of my characters will now be making their homes in Shatt.

Most already made their homes in Exodar or Darn anyway with how easy it is to get around already.

Community Manager
04/27/2011 01:18 AMPosted by Noctemtenchi

Well specifically for BC you could have played the entire expansion and still never purchased a flying mount, and if you timed it right you could have played all of Wrath and never purchased flying there either. That could be quite a bit of running, if you happened to even look up and know where you should be going to begin this whole Cata-whatever-it's-called.

We try to lessen or remove situations where someone logs in after a long time to maybe check out the game again, and sees there's some daunting task they need to begin before being able to really get back into playing.

One that still exists, at least for me, is bag clutter. I'll log into alts, look at my bags and bank, and be so overwhelmed I'll log out. Those types of situations are almost immediate stops to someone's desire to log back in or continue playing.

Anyway, to you or me, yeah it seems silly (how can they not know how to get back to Stormwind!?), to many past players though it's a legitimately helpful change to try to make it a smooth welcome-back experience.

And yeah, you guys can use them now too. Whatevs.
Edited by Bashiok on 4/27/2011 1:29 AM PDT
85 Orc Warlock
i feel bad, i wish i had not even made this post now =(
90 Human Death Knight
04/27/2011 01:26 AMPosted by Bashiok
One that still exists, at least for me, is bag clutter. I'll log into alts, look at my bags and bank, and be so overwhelmed I'll log out. Those types of situations are almost immediate stops to someone's desire to log back in or continue playing.

Yeah, one thing I really didn't like about Baldur's Gate back in the day was how it sometimes felt more like a quest of inventory management. I should probably grab a bag addon or something to help deal with it in WoW, but it's never been a big enough problem that I felt like it needed something.

As far as the portals go, to be honest I think it's not so much the "How do I get back to Stormwind?" as it is the boats back to Azeroth are relatively far away from the center of activity in Northrend and where people would've put themselves at when taking a break. It's not that hard to get the sense that it's over *there*, where simply getting where you're going is kind of out of the way, especially if you hearth without thinking and end back where you started instead of setting it to a new inn somewhere in sw/org. I can see this change as being good if it reduces some unneeded hassle for some people.
Edited by Yarrthas on 4/27/2011 1:36 AM PDT
90 Human Warrior
I guess some people cba to fly back to the Dark Portal and take their respective portals there while in Outlands...

Although with Dalaran, I can see a reason for portals there - with the exception of the Cavern of Time and Wintergrasp ones.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]