portals in shattrath/dalaran?

100 Troll Priest
:O Yes! Dalaran, my home sweet home~
91 Night Elf Druid
I Love Bashiok. I really do.
85 Night Elf Druid
We had a number of instances where people were coming back to the game after not playing for a long period, in some cases years, and having a really difficult time finding their way to where they should be.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar portals now exist in Dalaran and Shattrath to help them get to the relevant cities in Cataclysm; one for each faction, and only those two portals exist to facilitate that intent.

Sweet, hearth is now dalaran again.
We had a number of instances where people were coming back to the game after not playing for a long period, in some cases years, and having a really difficult time finding their way to where they should be.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar portals now exist in Dalaran and Shattrath to help them get to the relevant cities in Cataclysm; one for each faction, and only those two portals exist to facilitate that intent.

On behalf of those players, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!
80 Undead Rogue
I think it's a real shame whenever I enter ANY of the capital cities only to find them for the most part abandoned. Silvermoon, Thunder Bluff, Shat, Dal, Exodar, etc. I love when the cities look alive, and not just one.

I've suggested before, I think it would be great especially if there were incentives for people to hang out in their race's capital. For example, receive mail faster, forgo or receive a discount on auction house deposits, racial dailies, have greater chances to increase a profession skill's point, there's all sorts of things that could bring life to all of the cities instead of just one.

Faster queue times. Oh man, that would populate Silvermoon City instantly.
70 Worgen Druid
Thank you Bashiok for being honest and keep up the good work informing us on new changes! :)
85 Dwarf Death Knight
Oh look, the players were right and blizzard was in the wrong, again.

I'm not surprised, I knew this would happen.

You a geneous.

Ok I like you now :)
A theatrical presentation of the Portal Issue:

Blizzard "No more portals for you!"

Players "But I kant git mahsulf bek ta Stomerwund liek evurbuddy ulse! I needz poartulz"

Mages "LOL gimme 1000g and I'll portal you to Theramore, noob"

Players "I dun undirsteand."

**5 Months Later**

Blizzard "Sorry we we kinda pulled a d-bag move back there; Here's a portal back."

Players "Now whai yoo gotta be doin' that! Stoopid Blizz dumbin' the game downn fer kashualz!"

Mages "Alms for the poor!"

Players "Frost is still OP"

Blizzard "Why do I listen to these people?"

Ghostcrawler "Gwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr! Buff mages nao!"

Blizzard "Yessir!"

*All quotes are completely accurate if you think of them as being completely inaccurate but not really.
^ throw in enchants to the alms for the poor... and /agree lol
85 Dwarf Death Knight
I cant believe the complaining people did at the ports being removed is now complaints at the portals being put back...
/scratches head...
85 Undead Priest
Thanks Blizz!

Finally no more hanging around in cities listening to 'lolnub' 'zomg nice pet' 'plz I need gold plzzzzzzzz' 'dude move your drake off the mailbox'. Back to Dalaran I go!
I support Portals.

My new signature:

04/27/2011 01:26 AMPosted by Bashiok
Whatevs.
The warchief's hearthstone was fine from the quest board. Or put a level restriction on the portals.
100 Undead Death Knight
04/27/2011 01:26 AMPosted by Bashiok
One that still exists, at least for me, is bag clutter

Although it's off topic, can you do something about my "bag cluttter" being thrown up all over the screen whenever I talk to a vendor?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]