portals in shattrath/dalaran?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
We had a number of instances where people were coming back to the game after not playing for a long period, in some cases years, and having a really difficult time finding their way to where they should be.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar portals now exist in Dalaran and Shattrath to help them get to the relevant cities in Cataclysm; one for each faction, and only those two portals exist to facilitate that intent.

Yay portals!
90 Tauren Warrior
Yay, no more having to deal with Org being clogged up with all the weirdos there all the time.
46 Blood Elf Rogue
We had a number of instances where people were coming back to the game after not playing for a long period, in some cases years, and having a really difficult time finding their way to where they should be.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar portals now exist in Dalaran and Shattrath to help them get to the relevant cities in Cataclysm; one for each faction, and only those two portals exist to facilitate that intent.

OMG THANK YOU. I HAVE BEEN STUCK IN DAL FOR MONTHS!
81 Human Paladin
I'm fairly new to the game still, but I think implementing the portals is a great idea. Right now in my game play I am constantly having to travel between BC, Wrath and SW and it just starts to get incredibly annoying. Lots of travel time, even with Lvl 70 flying. The implementation of the portals helps to lessen that and makes my gaming experience a lot better. So, I'm happy about it.

85 Blood Elf Hunter
04/27/2011 06:13 AMPosted by Lâef
Perhaps it's time to change mah hearth. Yum!
85 Night Elf Hunter
04/27/2011 12:54 AMPosted by Shandrie
Grow up

Me?

I wasn't one of the people crying about them being removed constantly since Cata launched, why don't you try getting out of diapers?

It was incredibly easy to get anywhere you wanted in the world with out having the Dal/Shatt portals.

Please explain how having portals in Dal/Shatt ruins the game for you in any way ?????
Honestly ... WTF???
90 Human Paladin
heh... i kinda missed doing the dalaran fishing daily (since it can give nice vendor loot :P).

I might have to set my hearth back to dalaran now :P
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/27/2011 01:26 AMPosted by Bashiok
One that still exists, at least for me, is bag clutter. I'll log into alts, look at my bags and bank, and be so overwhelmed I'll log out. Those types of situations are almost immediate stops to someone's desire to log back in or continue playing.

O
M
G

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
85 Human Paladin
Oh look, the players were right and blizzard was in the wrong, again.

I'm not surprised, I knew this would happen.

Oh look, players complained about something stupid and Blizzard gave in to cry babies. Don't pretend you're intelligent it's obnoxious and REALLY annoying.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Bashiok, with all the hate you get, i just wanna say i love you <3
85 Tauren Warrior

And yeah, you guys can use them now too. Whatevs.

U Mad?
85 Tauren Paladin
04/27/2011 01:03 AMPosted by Bashiok

This confuses me a little. The cities were not moved to new locations and they're pretty clearly marked on the maps. The game has changed a lot, I'll admit. The landscape is slightly different. But the capitals, again, have not been moved from where they were in 2004. If I had my mother start in Booty Bay and told her to ride a ground mount to Undercity, she would be able to accomplish this via the map and staying on the roads. She's never played a video game in her life (solitaire doesn't count). If my mother could do it and she's not familiar with the world, a returning player could sure as hell do it. I could also start her in Outland or Northrend and tell her "At X location, you'll need to get on a Zepplin or go through a large portal/door that will take you to Y location." and she would be able to use the map.

I'm not against the portals being added back in, I support it. But this reasoning seems hollow and more like a cover for not admitting some truth. If someone that has never played a video game can handle something like this, a returning player isn't going to have any issues with it.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Hey, well since you guys are in the mood to put things back where they once were, why don't you lobby to give us hunters our VOLLEY back? I can except the change from mana to focus, and I've even learned to accept the change in the talent tree build, but abilities like VOLLEY, which are a great Crowd Control tool, should not have been taken away! I'm sure there are a million hunters out there who would be inclined to agree. Listen to your people Blizzard!!!!
70 Tauren Druid
04/27/2011 01:26 AMPosted by Bashiok
One that still exists, at least for me, is bag clutter. I'll log into alts, look at my bags and bank, and be so overwhelmed I'll log out. Those types of situations are almost immediate stops to someone's desire to log back in or continue playing.

I feel compelled to respond to this post because of the bags statement.

Two points:

1) I have a ton of alts with stupid stuff like event food (bobbing apples, etc.) that could probably really expire in game. Normal food like Charred Wolf Meat should probably expire too over a set time frame, not character time.

2) One of the addons I *must* have when playing is OneBag3. It essentially removes the frames and shows all bags as one big bag, with customization available for columns, colors, etc. If that addon is broken then I don't play. Period. That's how outdated I believe Blizzard's inventory UI is, and it is no wonder that it creates a giant mental roadblock with how it is set up by default.

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]