Mumble issues

90 Undead Priest
This may be the incorrect forum, but I'm having trouble finding solutions in other places. Basically, when I try and connect to a certain person's server, I'm always presented with server connection failed: connection timed out. Nothing wrong with the address or port number. I do play on a Mac, and I play on college internet, if that in anyway affects it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated for this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Certain person's server?

I'm sorry, I don't understand.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
No issues with mumble here on my comp. Your college may block the port, but more than likely something is typed in wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I am having the same issue. It works for one mumble server but not another. I get the same error. I can't even count how many times I've checked to make sure everything was typed in correctly. There must be a solution to this other than assuming that things were typed in wrong. I've tried everything. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
94 Draenei Mage
01/30/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Rhiamellwyn
I am having the same issue. It works for one mumble server but not another. I get the same error. I can't even count how many times I've checked to make sure everything was typed in correctly. There must be a solution to this other than assuming that things were typed in wrong. I've tried everything. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Please don't necro threads.

You'll want to check in the Mumble forums about that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Open terminal (in the utilities folder) and do 'traceroute (your friend's server IP)' and see if you go anywhere
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]