Poseidus spawn timer?

(Locked)

2 Gnome Mage
since the release of 4.1 yesterday, two ppl, myself and other, have been camping at poseidus's spawn points for hours except to sleep. however, its been nearly 24hours since 4.1 but poseidus hasnt spawned yet and the mount link is still down.

so i was wondering if spawn time for it has changed since my understanding was that most rare spawn time is no longer than 12 hour with only few exception such as aeonaxx.
85 Orc Warrior
I've been camping all 5 spawn points for him for 22 hours now (no I didn't sleep) and he hasn't spawned yet. It definitely spawned more frequently prior to 4.1. And with the two server restarts we've been through already, I have no idea of how long it will be. Sleep is for the WEAK!!!
85 Gnome Mage
Ok guys . . . I've been hunting rare NPC's for a year now, it's my understanding that, rare NPC's spawn in small numbers in separate expansions regions, allow me to elaborate.

BC -> 2 - 3 NPCs at a time (20 overall), most likely in different areas, when you kill one, the re-spawn timer activates and there a possibility to spawn any of the other's that aren't already in game. And that seems to be the truth for WotLK and Cata too.

So, let's say you camp over a rare spawn for 100 hours, but during that 100 hours, no other Cata rare NPC is killed, then you wont meet you desired guy. So my idea to you would be, before you go camping you search for him, if he's not there, you travel to other Cata regions searching for soloable rare NPC, like the armadillo in Uldun, kill a couple, then you get back to the spawn points and camp.
90 Night Elf Druid
Ive been waiting for 11 hours straight since the servers came up going to all the spawn points. Haven't seen him, reins still arn't linkable.
I had just seen him the night before the patch, seemed to spawn faster than he is now.. :/
2 Gnome Mage
Ok guys . . . I've been hunting rare NPC's for a year now, it's my understanding that, rare NPC's spawn in small numbers in separate expansions regions, allow me to elaborate.

BC -> 2 - 3 NPCs at a time (20 overall)

it is some ppl's understanding that compare to bc or wrath, rare cap for cata doesnt exist, or atleast hasn't shown sign of it.

and this is coming for someone who has frostbitten and bloody rare so thats why i was camping poseidus exclusively
85 Orc Warrior

BC -> 2 - 3 NPCs at a time (20 overall)

it is some ppl's understanding that compare to bc or wrath, rare cap for cata doesnt exist, or atleast hasn't shown sign of it.

and this is coming for someone who has frostbitten and bloody rare so thats why i was camping poseidus exclusively

I'm convinced the server restarts (one yesterday shortly after the servers came back up and one this morning) isn't helping things. Between my guildmates and I we have all 5 spawn points camped, have for almost 24 hours now (about 20 minutes to go), and haven't seen a peep from him. I hope they didn't change the timer to some where along the lines of the TLPD.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I was hoping they wouldn't up the spawn timer. Why couldn't it be rare, but less rare than the extremely hard to find aeonaxx and TLPD? Why not an intermediate-ly rare rare?
90 Night Elf Druid
IMO his spawn shouldn't have been upped, and should be no where near the TLPD or Aeonaxx. This is a water only mount, you can't really show it off or ride it wherever you want.
2 Gnome Mage
close to 27hours in and still no spawn in my realm :(

bumping this thread hoping to see if someone has gotten the kill yet
100 Dwarf Paladin
04/27/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Tamaara
I was hoping they wouldn't up the spawn timer. Why couldn't it be rare, but less rare than the extremely hard to find aeonaxx and TLPD? Why not an intermediate-ly rare rare?

His mount is BoE so it still isn't that rare, for those who would actually want the mount.
90 Draenei Mage

BC -> 2 - 3 NPCs at a time (20 overall), most likely in different areas, when you kill one, the re-spawn timer activates and there a possibility to spawn any of the other's that aren't already in game. And that seems to be the truth for WotLK and Cata too.

I agree with Rilay's comment, i believe that this timer does have a certain link, but it may also include the rare spawn bosses, who have a longer time CD, u should go around cata not farm 1 spot and kill any rares u see. it's a time waster , and it may prove me fruitful, or it did to me.
Edited by Jdmage on 5/12/2011 5:11 PM PDT
67 Tauren Warrior
annoys me how I've seen 5 people on my server who got aeonaxx but didn't camp- just stumbled upon him.
1 Tauren Shaman
He's not a myth! A guildie got him last night around midnight on zul'jin. Pretty interesting that its BoE. We spent 30mins chatting in Guildchat about how to transfer the large sum of gold that he was going to get out of selling it.
85 Orc Warrior
Last I heard he has a 72 hour spawn timer from the last time the servers came back up, so say the servers come back up on Tuesday after maintenance, he shouldn't spawn until Friday, but I heard that if someone still has the reins in their bags and hasn't learned how to summon him, the server picks it up in the cashe and he won't spawn until they use the reins. I think it's bs imo but I'm still waiting to see if thats true, it's been 2 weeks for me so far and still haven't seen him.
Edited by Wêsker on 5/28/2011 1:15 PM PDT
87 Night Elf Death Knight
ive been camping him for a while now as well fluctuating between all the spawn points and still no sign
85 Worgen Warlock
From what I understand is that the mount is only linkable if someone on your Battlegroup (Not just realm) has recieved the mount. So I don't know if that would help or not as far as the linking question.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]