Cannot Dance While In Combat

85 Gnome Mage
04/27/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Galbrei
... ok, maybe that doesn't help the raid, but it doesn't hurt either!

Please explain to me how a troll dancing does not help the raid.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
04/28/2011 04:16 PMPosted by Sheehan

Like female dwarves, for instance?

/roasted

At least none of my parts are missing.

On the upside, you have one jaw more than many of your kind, so that's something I guess.

Thank you kindly sir.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Dear Blizzard,

Please do not fix the dance animation glitch when a character is posed to attack. I can't tell you how many times this glitch has amused not only myself, but my friends whom I play this game with. We would all be very sad to see this glitch fixed.

It's something simple that we enjoy more than we should. Please don't remove it, I like doing my 'pee-pee' dance.

Sincerely yours,
~Keti
Reply Quote

At least none of my parts are missing.

On the upside, you have one jaw more than many of your kind, so that's something I guess.

Thank you kindly sir.

Well played, my dead friend. Well played indeed.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
As long as I can still drop my toy train under the raid right before we pull, I think I'll be okay.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
04/28/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Kaivax
I would love a reasoning behind why but alas, I doubt I'll ever get an explanation.

Cast your doubts aside!

Dancing while in combat was disabled to fix some unfortunate animation bugs. For example, several races do a torso twist as part of their special attack animation, and that would go haywire when the character was also trying to dance.

Part of what makes WoW a compelling experience is the sense of immersion in this alternate world, and that is a sense that can be disrupted by graphic glitches.

We definitely hear the outcry over the dancing in combat. Our tactic is going to be to try to let characters dance while they are in combat, and always break the dance when a foe is engaged (so you could dance while in combat, but only when your character is idle). We are just starting to investigate this solution, but I can assure you that it is being evaluated. I’ve heard that directly from the mouths of the devs.

Having said that, we realize there are plenty of other areas in the game where the art can get into a less than optimal state, and nobody should assume that we just don’t care about those – they are all on the radar.
FASTER FASTER FASTER
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
When the group is wiping my default reaction is to /dance and wait for the boss to eat my face. It makes me sad that I cannot do this now. :(
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
04/28/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Kaivax
Part of what makes WoW a compelling experience is the sense of immersion in this alternate world, and that is a sense that can be disrupted by graphic glitches.

You guys desperately need better writers if you're concerned at all about immersion. Every single expansion and major patch has had story retcons (some especially blatant, ie: "fart in a church" draenei retcon, there must always be a lich king, etc).

But that's offtopic :P

Glad you guys are responding to issues that don't have anything to do with numbers or who's overpowered at the moment.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
04/28/2011 04:38 PMPosted by Agrias
Glad you guys are responding to issues that don't have anything to do with numbers or who's overpowered at the moment.

Didn't they release a patch two days ago? Have you seriously, thoroughly tested who is the most overpowered since the change? Enough to have an opinion yet, even?

Give them time. They're probably just sick and tired of responding to constant QQ about patch day bugs and the like, and are answering the questions for which they have definitive answers (instead of "we're aware of the issue and it is being investigated... a fix will be coming Soon™").
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
04/28/2011 04:17 PMPosted by Shandrie

Speaking of.........

Are you aware of the graphical glitch with female Draenei and turning left or right while standing still?

More importantly, are you aware of the graphical glitch with female draenei being too pready?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Sure, but we also have limited time on our hands or possibly interest in dealing with these people because they don't bother to inform us that they might need help. Almost none of the people in my groups (before or after patch) have ever spoken up to say, "Hey I don't know this place." until we've wiped and we have to question them ourselves, even then oftentimes they'll ignore us and continue to keep dying (or killing us) to the same thing, prompting an eventual kick.

You know it goes both ways.

I am leveling up a warrior tank (currently 84) and when I explain that I have not tanked all that much this expansion, people say nothing, ignore my marks for CC and kill order.

So what's my point? I'll never really learn correctly if that happens. I am ~3 instances away from 85, and will be that under-geared tank people QQ about in these forums. It will only get a lot worse in heroics, no matter how I try and gear before I try all that.

So now not only will I get #!#%*ed at for being under-geared, I will get #!#%*ed at for being inexperienced.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Mage
But... the stance dance! THE STANCE DANCE!

No, seriously, /dancing as an undead weilding a staff while in the combat-ready stance is hilarious. Same goes for virtually any other race/weapon combo.
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Druid
While other animation glitches exist, the combat dance had the unfortunate side effect of being fun; and thus nerfed.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Hmm, perhaps a little too much attention on fixing minor glitches that occur in non-standard circumstances (how many people /dance in combat? :P) when the answer is simply a removal of the ability/feature. Although, it's possible the people annoyed by the glitch far outnumber those that enjoy dancing in combat :) Glad to hear there's still some focus on a real solution, though.

I hope Night Elves don't lose the ability to hold weapons due to the serious clipping of our weapons through our legs while in combat stance :-p
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I thoguht it was because you didnt want us dancing with the stratholm citizens when we accidentally attack them since that stops them from attacking you. =;-)
Edited by Redridge on 4/28/2011 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Hax
04/27/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Tokewartooth
"Blizzard nerfs fun" theory :-/

/agree lol
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Not enough resources to put a caster's weapon in their hand during a casting animation.

Plenty of resources to find a workaround for a glitch that no one cared about.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]