Cannot Dance While In Combat

90 Night Elf Hunter
04/28/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Kaivax
Part of what makes WoW a compelling experience is the sense of immersion in this alternate world, and that is a sense that can be disrupted by graphic glitches.

Graphic glitches like head armor and should armor not showing up on login. I have this happen on any character, any realm, 3 different computers (Mac and PC), more than half the time. It's been here since the Cataclysm pre-patch, been reported many times and still not fixed.
Reply Quote
More to the point, are you all aware that characters eat and drink with the SAME hand? It's been like this as long as I can remember, and honestly? I'm sick of eating soggy bread!
Reply Quote
77 Troll Hunter
I've never seen a post or heard anyone comment about this "dance glitch".

Female Worgen are a big, hairy, ball of glitch. I stopped playing mine, ugh :(

It appears that Blizzard doesn't care to fix them, and judging by the goofy representation of them on the latest magazine cover, they are just a joke.

Many threads and posts have pointed out the way too numerous flaws with the character model. As far as I know, only the chicken laugh, the human form in the barbershop, and the excessive sniffing have been fixed.

Apparently, the dance thing was way more important than the integrity of a newly released character race.

*sigh*

Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
[quote="24158033461"]
Having said that, we realize there are plenty of other areas in the game where the art can get into a less than optimal state, and nobody should assume that we just don’t care about those – they are all on the radar.

I don't do this ever...

But... female troll blinking?
Reply Quote
77 Troll Hunter
04/28/2011 07:50 PMPosted by Dalkin
But... female troll blinking?

Honestly! Doesn't it make you just want to grab the collective Blizzard shoulders and shake some sense into them? :)

/roar
/dance
/cry
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The graphical glitch in question was HILARIOUS, I don't know why you bothered to fix it. My friends and I always loved right clicking on an enemy while we were too far away to actually attack it (so we'd go into an attack dance) and then dancing. It made your characters look hilarious! Female blood elves would act like they were drunk and staggering, male belfs flung their legs around as if they were stepping on coals....

It's seriously disappointing that the company who used to be so hilarious, free-spirited and fun-loving has sunk so low that they now fix graphical errors which are purely enjoyable and don't hurt the game at all. First the weird glitch where somebody could stand on the nose of my mounts when we mounted up in the elevator in ToT, and now fixing dancing. For shame, Blizz, for shame. : /

Also, saying "an important part of the WoW experience is immersion" makes no sense. While I'm sitting in Org, I can que up for a random dungeon and then transport there instantly. I don't know any of my party members and my character has no motivation for doing this dungeon. No lore reason is given as to why a warrior is capable of instantaneously warping across the world.

So if we break immersion for gameplay convenience, why not break it for pure, silly fun? Isn't the point of games to be fun?

: /

Blizz, I am disapoint.
Edited by Charms on 4/28/2011 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I would love a reasoning behind why but alas, I doubt I'll ever get an explanation.

Cast your doubts aside!

Dancing while in combat was disabled to fix some unfortunate animation bugs. For example, several races do a torso twist as part of their special attack animation, and that would go haywire when the character was also trying to dance.

Part of what makes WoW a compelling experience is the sense of immersion in this alternate world, and that is a sense that can be disrupted by graphic glitches.

We definitely hear the outcry over the dancing in combat. Our tactic is going to be to try to let characters dance while they are in combat, and always break the dance when a foe is engaged (so you could dance while in combat, but only when your character is idle). We are just starting to investigate this solution, but I can assure you that it is being evaluated. I’ve heard that directly from the mouths of the devs.

Having said that, we realize there are plenty of other areas in the game where the art can get into a less than optimal state, and nobody should assume that we just don’t care about those – they are all on the radar.

This is lame.

My entire raid War-Dances on bosses for good luck.

Our immersion in the art of War-Dancing is going to be heavily limited by my inability to perform my magic mojo levitation process where I raise my claws to the sky and lift myself off the ground with nothing but the elements.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
I would love a reasoning behind why but alas, I doubt I'll ever get an explanation.

Cast your doubts aside!

Dancing while in combat was disabled to fix some unfortunate animation bugs. For example, several races do a torso twist as part of their special attack animation, and that would go haywire when the character was also trying to dance.

We definitely hear the outcry over the dancing in combat. Our tactic is going to be to try to let characters dance while they are in combat, and always break the dance when a foe is engaged (so you could dance while in combat, but only when your character is idle). We are just starting to investigate this solution, but I can assure you that it is being evaluated. I’ve heard that directly from the mouths of the devs.

What I really don't like is that it was a minor thing.. and everyone who sees it would giggle, grin or chuckle. People are NOT immersed in this game.. there are UI elements raging all over the place, everyone's screens are cluttered with numbers and bars all the time.. so a funny little fidelity issue shouldn't have garnered even the smallest bit of dev time.

You've made more people upset than people happy with this change, from everything I've seen.. myself included. While I highly doubt you'll reinstate a "glitch" like this, I would very much like it if you did.

It is, quite literally, nerfing fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Cast your doubts aside!

It's nice to know the reason, however I always did get a good laugh when dancing and seeing my legs twist while my top body stays stable. =P
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Warlock
I've never even heard of dancing in combat until now. Like others have said, hows about that troll blinking issue? Or, my personal favorite - the femdwarf-hearth-tummy-jiggle. Like a bowl full of jelly, ho ho ho. I swear it was probably the first glitch I ever noticed in this game and that was a long.. long time ago.

You guys remember the fembelf-crafting-forehead-bubble? LOL, alas they did fix that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Cast your doubts aside!

Stopping to dance on some stealth sissy rogue corpse on the battlefield is imperative to my immersion.
Reply Quote
49 Draenei Mage
Speaking of.........

Are you aware of the graphical glitch with female Draenei and turning left or right while standing still?

is this recent? i just noticed that i am swaying in a very VERY awkward way.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
04/28/2011 04:17 PMPosted by Shandrie

Speaking of.........

Are you aware of the graphical glitch with female Draenei and turning left or right while standing still?

I have just noted this on many of my guild members and my bank alt as well. They.. I don't know how to explain it.. they LEAN OVER... really awkward. And their neck sort of turns? It looks -extremely- uncomfortable.

As the GM of an all Draenei guild - this does not bode well for us.

Side note: The animation for riding on Horses seems broken now too. My DK on his horse? Looks like he's riding on a mobile seesaw with the way he bobs back and forth.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

What I really don't like is that it was a minor thing.. and everyone who sees it would giggle, grin or chuckle. People are NOT immersed in this game.. there are UI elements raging all over the place, everyone's screens are cluttered with numbers and bars all the time.. so a funny little fidelity issue shouldn't have garnered even the smallest bit of dev time.

You've made more people upset than people happy with this change, from everything I've seen.. myself included. While I highly doubt you'll reinstate a "glitch" like this, I would very much like it if you did.

It is, quite literally, nerfing fun.

Leave us not forget the plight of the White War/Riding Talbuk.

This unique creature was blessed with fantastic, nearly glowing blue/purple hooves and horns. Since as far back as the BC Beta. The day 4.0 dropped, they were gone. Replaced with... gray. Plain boring gray. These magnificent alien creatures toned down to look as mundane as possible.

The reasoning? Blizzard states an "unintended graphical skin". That was in place for over four years? And they decided it needed to be fixed now? Two expansions later? There was nothing at all immersion-ruining about it. It, in fact, helped with the "these are creatures from a different world" aspect.

Nerfing fun: Working as intended.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
I don't have access to the game right now, so I can't test it. Anyone know if this change break my Mind Control Macro which I use /dance to interrupt my MC?

In other words, while in combat does /dance return with an error, not do anything or complete successfully with no animation?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]