Phoenix Hunter pet suggestion

90 Tauren Hunter

The Phoenix family. Why not? You've got Crimson Fire Hawks along with the BC Phoenix, and on the Firelands preview there are a whole lot of them.

They'd be exotic, of course. In the Ferocity tree.

Family spells:

Implosion. "The Phoenix summons a concentration of fire underneath the ground to explode, knocking the target back" 1 minute cooldown

Blast Burn: (Exotic Ability) The Phoenix uses it's flaming body as it releases energy around itself, causing AoE fire damage for (You decide) amount to enemies around it every 2 seconds and reduces it's movement speed by 50% and it is a channeled spell.
Lasts for 8 seconds.

Fly. (Useless, but another "Silly" ability that most flying pets should have) Gives itself a buff called Fly "Flying" that allows it to move a little higher off the ground. For Crimson Fire Hawks this changes their animation from ground to flying, and will change when fly is on or off.
Reply Quote
Sticky lol I agree
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Next patch baby!!! Wooo!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just making Blazewing tameable as a Spirit Beast would be a nice start.
Kills me a lil inside when I see that stupid kilt on the AH.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Just making Blazewing tameable as a Spirit Beast would be a nice start.
Kills me a lil inside when I see that stupid kilt on the AH.
agreed. was kinda excited when i noticed he was a new NPC, but then noticed he was not tameable....i cried a little, but not a lot cause i know Blizzard and something that cool couldn't possibly be a tameable pet. That would have given the hunters a choice of taming Blazewing or Terrorpene for a cool firey pet.

However, as i am a poke-hunter, i would be out to tame both if it were possible anyway...i have all but the scorpid in Uldum tamed from the new cata rares that came out...loving that new stable size as well, thanks blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Blazewing as a tameable pet would be awesome...only for BM Hunters of course! Beats these stupid new pets that are just reskins. The new ghost owl is cool, but of all places to put it, above the dailiy area....geez!
Reply Quote
I have to agree with this I would love to tame a fire pet like the phinox or the drips in wolf form
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
That was definitively worth bumping a 2 year old thread for.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
LOL, My first coment would be "epic necro".

Now, re-reading it because your arent some random player who cant check dates leo, I agree, with additions and some changes

The damage abilities, would have to be exotic only, and similar in behavior to worm and chimera abilities.

Posibly a missing raid buff (how about something unique, like 5% spell haste and 10% melee and ranged atack speed all at once).

Other pets
Fire hawk
Raid buff
exotic ability involving locking on to the targets hit box (limited duration in PVP) so as to prevent the pet from losing down time on targets that move all over the place (you know, like if you need to kill that rolling dude in council, or an air phase where ranged have to burn the target while melee handle adds). This would have the teleport mechanic, limited duration in PVP and a semi long cd (to keep it from being OP in PVP).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I rather have that phoenix bringin' people back to life as a Combat/Normal ress. "Phoenix Down" FTW.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Well, a brez from the pet with a 40 yard range that doest require puting the pet on passive or that gets the mouse over function would be nice. A regular rez on the other hand.... That would be interesting to say the least.

the name you gave, sounds like it would posibly kill the pheonix to rez the target. Which could be managed by having you rez the phoenix. It would be interesting if it functioned as both by requireing for you to leave combat to reset the cd.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Exotic Ability: Resurrection. Upon death the phoenix is automatically reborn in a violent explosion of fire, dealing AoE damage to enemies around it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Exotic Ability: Resurrection. Upon death the phoenix is automatically reborn in a violent explosion of fire, dealing AoE damage to enemies around it.

Hmm, how would the PVP comunity handle this, and what would the CD/damage be for this, and how could we use this for aoe dps purposes in raids?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Ress with damage? No thanks. And Ferocity pets already have a self ress. But ressurecting a player? Yumm... Useful in PvP and PvE.

@Eurugan, actually I said Phoenix Down because most old school RPG's use this name for the ress itens (Final Fantasy mostly). :P But the pet dying to give the life for a player it's an interesting drawback mechanic too, specially if it be exotic, since BM rely more on pets.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Ferocity pets have a player controlled ress, this would be an automatic effect upon death.

A pet ressing the hunter would also be interesting, would be kinda like shaman ankh
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ferocity pets have a player controlled ress, this would be an automatic effect upon death.

A pet ressing the hunter would also be interesting, would be kinda like shaman ankh

The issue is that this is to unbalanced. Heart of the pheonix is suposed to help in the instance that a pet gets agro of a boss momentarily (say its the only one in melee range on a platform change), and to keep the hunter from having to waste 3 seconds of dps to get the pet back up and restore the dps contributed by the pet. Its long cooldown (8 min debuff on you that prevents you from swaping pets and doing it again) is intended to make it to much of a draw back in PVP, RoS and bullheaded, and the bonus damage at low health passive found in cunning are meant for PVP.

Auto rezing and dealing damage on death is a very PVP oriented mechanic, and would wither be minor Damage, or would quickly become minor damage. Blizz wants killing the pet to be a away to counter a BM hunters damage, as it realy gimps a BM hunter in PVP.

A 3 sec rez that can be interrupted through detterence makes it harder for a hunter to recover. Heart of the pheonix, along with the stronger dps passives, are sacrivicing a crit imunity and pet cc break in a pvp environment, which makes it a trade off.

Having crit imunity, cc break, and a self rez for the pet would be considered OP by the PVP community (they already want Heart of the pheonix nerfed more as is).

Also, early in Mists, if you spammed a macro to have a quillen cast its Brez on you as you died, youd brez yourself, which was quickly nerfed. They dont want to give other classes the ank ability.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
06/27/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Artheran

Ress with damage? No thanks. And Ferocity pets already have a self ress. But ressurecting a player? Yumm... Useful in PvP and PvE.

@Eurugan, actually I said Phoenix Down because most old school RPG's use this name for the ress itens (Final Fantasy mostly). :P But the pet dying to give the life for a player it's an interesting drawback mechanic too, specially if it be exotic, since BM rely more on pets.

Ah, probably like the feathers of birds called down then, which in some games could be used as a regent for resurections. I interpreted down (as i havent played final fantasy) as implying pheonix dead/going down (plane crashing), but with the pheonix part implying rebirth (and as a pet ability functioning on a player, would imply the sacrifice part).

Pet dieing to rez a player would give grounds for it being intant cast and posibly an out of combat rez, and giving the ability itself a cd (or puting a debuff on pet) that wont clear untill you leave combat (like symbiosis does), would let it function in raid pulls with out the low cd enabling hunters to handle multiple Brezes (which would only happen in 25 man). While it would be a dps loss, Most rez's have a cast time, instant ones have a cd, gimping hunter dps untill he can rez his pet would even the field in PVP if he rezed a friend after a quick fight.

Low health friend and BM hunter with a dead pet, does the hunter have an edge in his newly rezed friend, sure, But for world/bg purposes, you can easily negate the advantage by killing the friend and the hunter before the pet can be rezed and the freind is at full health.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
06/27/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Eurugan

Ah, probably like the feathers of birds called down then, which in some games could be used as a regent for resurections. I interpreted down (as i havent played final fantasy) as implying pheonix dead/going down (plane crashing), but with the pheonix part implying rebirth (and as a pet ability functioning on a player, would imply the sacrifice part).

Pet dieing to rez a player would give grounds for it being intant cast and posibly an out of combat rez, and giving the ability itself a cd (or puting a debuff on pet) that wont clear untill you leave combat (like symbiosis does), would let it function in raid pulls with out the low cd enabling hunters to handle multiple Brezes (which would only happen in 25 man). While it would be a dps loss, Most rez's have a cast time, instant ones have a cd, gimping hunter dps untill he can rez his pet would even the field in PVP if he rezed a friend after a quick fight.

Low health friend and BM hunter with a dead pet, does the hunter have an edge in his newly rezed friend, sure, But for world/bg purposes, you can easily negate the advantage by killing the friend and the hunter before the pet can be rezed and the freind is at full health.

Yep, that way it's not "OMG OVERADVANTAGE EMERGHED RAGE QQ"... The pet "debuff" could be similar to the Ressurrection Sickeness. That would make it useless (even beign dead would be better, lol) with like 15 min of duration for the skill to be instant, applied to other pets as well (Otherwise it would just need a Dismiss pet and call another to work things out, or perhaps make the debuff timer reduce only when he's active). That would bring the question: "It's worth using it?" and not simply compel people to go out just ressing the dead at ease.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The debuff would keep the ability from being used again (as you need multiple people with brezes in raiding to use our 3 rez per encounter limit). The combat clearing it is so that you can say rez a healer after a wipe, rez pet, and help healer rez others if you have mass rez debuff. Its not intended to cripple your pet, its intended to be a trade off that can be countered. A pet centered rez is in itself, very useful and powerfull, as silencing the hunter or targeting the hunter cant exactly stop it. making the hunter have to rez the pet, and making the hunter have to be BM to have the pet, would make it a heavy handed trade off to keep it from being OP in PVP. I was intending it to be more like symbiosis, where if you remove the buff, teh druid cant re cast it untill 3 or 4 seconds after combat clears(or if out of combat, 3-4 seconds after removing it), giving opponents time to stop the ability from being reused. Having such a limit on the rez would make it not to strong, but also wouldn't make the pet "worthless" for PVE or PVP due to a rez sickness buff killing pet dps for 15 mins.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]