Ravenholdt, a few quick questions (RP)

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Hello Ravenholdt'ers, I've been debating on transferring here for quite a few reasons, the two biggest ones being RP and PvP (Naturally). I've heard this is pretty much the *only* RPPvP server that actually has a healthy RP population.

My questions are, as you all would know best, how is the RP here, Horde side specifically? I would assume it's more relegated to Silvermoon, or maybe Thunderbluff? I'm not so Naive to think that I could walk up to any random player and assume they'd RP with me, but if I saw a certain guild tag/FlagRSP users it'd be no problem at all?

After having talked to quite a few Ravenholdt'ers in Random BGs, I've learned there's been a mass exodus of PvPers on the server, which leads to my PvP question: Is it still worthwhile here? I play on Blackrock, where you can find an arena team from people looking to just cap points, to Gladiators looking for dedicated team members (and everything in between) all within less than 5 minutes in trade chat.

I've played WoW since Vanilla, mostly on Lightninghoof, and the RP there was slim to none. I hear Ravenholdt is the last bastion of RP-PvP power, and would like to know the merit of these claims!

Thank you for your time, Ravenholdt. I hope to hear from ya soon!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
04/28/2011 11:13 AMPosted by Kellendil
I'm not so Naive to think that I could walk up to any random player and assume they'd RP with me

Why not? I've done it and had it done to me. :p

There's definitely a lot of roleplay in SMC, but... well, its quality leaves a lot to be desired. You're better off either wandering around Org/TB/whathaveyou and starting up roleplay or keeping an eye out for members of certain guilds.

As far as PvP goes, I don't really know. I honestly had no idea there was some sort of "exodus" as you say, but eh their loss. I only really arena with friends with occasional battlegrounds, so I don't know about an overall PvP atmosphere - though I have regularly seen advertisements in Trade and such for people looking to fill out RBG and arena teams.

I truly believe we have a wonderful roleplaying community that takes every advantage of being on a PvP-type server. Crossfaction RP is very big here, both of the peaceful and war kind. I honestly wouldn't leave it for the world. :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
RP is dead on this server. Non-Rpers have over-run this server and need to GTFO and uninstall the game.

Because they believe that its RP or PvP not both.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
I have to agree with gentleman above I Rp a lot but I can hardly find a good fit. I enjoy the game but it is difficult to get the RP going concidering I am leveling my Characters.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
You can always try to bring it back there are always people that rp
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
RP is alive and kicking here on Ravenholdt. There are some that will say "its dead" or "its dying" but they make terrible coroners. It is somewhat guildcentric but we have the RP Sanctum that most of us hang out. Check it out!

ravenholdt.us

As for the PvP, if you wanna fight then switch to Alliance. Everywhere I go there is way more Horde than Alliance. I had forgotten how bad Alliance was outnumbered until Mists hit. :P

Hope to see you in game, on one side or the other :D

EDIT: Phone + Realm Forums = Typos!
Edited by Donnelly on 10/9/2012 6:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
As Donnely said:

RP is alive and kicking, it's more guild-centric than some people would like, but it's by no means entirely guild-centric. The RP sanctum is probably the best realm-specific resource for RPers I've seen on any realm of any MMO I've played.

The Horde seems to have more race specific RP guilds than the Alliance does. I'm not 100% certain about this.

PvP as Horde is very different from PvP as Alliance. The Horde heavily outnumber the Alliance and you're probably more likely to find people to PvP with as Horde.

On the other hand, you're more likely to find people to PvP against as Alliance.

That being said, the consensus seems to be (even mong many Horde PvPers) that the Alliance has a higher quality group of PvPers, whereas the Horde is.. well... a Horde.

If rated BGs and Arenas are your game and you want to do well, either faction would work. Some might say Alliance would be the better choice, if you can hold your own in a fight. If you just want points, the Horde may prove to be a better choice.

At the end of the day, PvP is a crap shoot. Do what you want, where you want. And as for RP? It's alive and kicking, but sometimes you need to prod it. But at least when you prod it you'll find some success. That's more than can be said for many other realms.
Reply Quote
I always find time to walk into Silvermoon with my wizard's hat and robe!

RP is what you make it and you can find it anywhere. My guild is not too big on RP...they are actually afraid on how to act around the server because they do not want to upset those who do fancy RP, which is nice. I tend to RP away from my guild and find a lot of random players who do the same and every now and then a guild who does too!

PVP...I find that it blends nicely with RP on this server, but I tend to enjoy fighting while questing or getting ganked every now and again; breaks up the mundane for me. However, if you are one who hates getting killed while attempting to do dailies and QQ as quick as you can if you're killed then I have no sympathy for you and am not sure this is the place for you. I tend to see a lot of Horde players on this server who love to get their shot in at Alliance, but on the other hand as peace loving as the Alliance are we will get revenge.

-grabs his wizard's hat and robe-

Now excuse me I have a meeting with a human and a Gnome...

-vanishes into Silvermoon-
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Guys...guys...this was posted in 2011.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Darethy

*Laughs* Good catch, Darethy. I have to admit that without your post, I likely would have added in my two cents on this question too.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
10/09/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Darethy

I KNEW THAT.
Reply Quote
I was trying to bring the forums back? lol
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
.... I will have to agree with those who say RP is alive and well on RH. Every time I take to flight form and soar high and mightly in the skys, I am pretending I am an Epic Gnome Druid, last of my kind....then when I shift back to regurlar form...I realize that I am a Cow.

....crap should read the post more carefully. Just caught the fact that its a 2011 thread.
Edited by Bobcat on 10/10/2012 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Bobcat
Every time I take to flight form and soar high and mightly in the skys, I am pretending I am an Epic Gnome Druid, last of my kind....then when I shift back to regurlar form...I realize that I am a Cow.

beautiful.
Reply Quote
15 Dwarf Paladin
10/10/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Glexelia
Every time I take to flight form and soar high and mightly in the skys, I am pretending I am an Epic Gnome Druid, last of my kind....then when I shift back to regurlar form...I realize that I am a Cow.

beautiful.

i'm thinkin' it's prolly more like: "!!! MOOOOOOoooooooo....<ground>"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02a2HSB58M
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/10/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Fagerboozle

beautiful.

i'm thinkin' it's prolly more like: "!!! MOOOOOOoooooooo....<ground>"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02a2HSB58M

WoW.... that brought a laugh!! Though, I know that you are one to poke a Bull in his eyes to get a response, and this is due to your Napoleon complex and wish to inflate your "self".

Now with that said, I have kept your secret with me and only now will expose who you truely are....

Behold the great Fagerboozle on his recent journey to Mulgore...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/comics/?keywords=honorable-mention&view#/comic-2008-02-turell
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
10/10/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Bobcat
I know that you are one to poke a Bull in his eyes to get a response

Yep, well... that ain't the only place he'll poke a Bull, but I expect that'd be 20g. -_-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]