Are you having fun?

85 Troll Druid
I love healing, but not the people. Its been even more fun know that I've got my healing rotation down :) my heals usually keep everyone around 80%-90% maybe even 95% Except HoO... that one without CC (which for some reason no one does anymore :/) really has there hp droping fast. On a bad pull someone usually dies :/. but over all i REALLY like healing! mostly when I'm in a random with my guildies
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
04/22/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Elliora
Heroic Sinestra.

Isn't Sinestra a Heroic-only boss?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
04/24/2011 08:13 AMPosted by Teritia
Heroic Sinestra.

Isn't Sinestra a Heroic-only boss?

well, yeah, I didn't think too much when I was typing that, I guess
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
No, not having fun at all.

I heal because our guild is still trying to level and recruit healers and I'm pretty well it for now. I've gotten us successfully through all the heroic five man and it isn't fun.

More than anything I deeply resent Blizz telling me how I have to heal. We were promised more flexibility and able to bring our own styles into Cata. Instead we are being told we can't shield too much, we're only supposed to use heal as a rule and so on and on. I'm waiting for Blizz to finally put in their own healbot so we can stop tormenting them with any semblance of individual style and play choices.

They've changed the game from fun, from a roleplaying feeling of fighting for something good to something that is unforgiving, tedious and straitjacketed resource management and choreography. Welcome to the World of Simcraft. I miss WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
No, this has been the least fun period in wow's history. Many of my old friends have just left, and many others just log on now and then. I am seeing good raiding guilds having hard times fielding enough competent raiders. Blizzard needs to do something imo, but it seems to be in denial mode.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I'm not raiding yet, but I'm still having a blast. It's a combination of love for my class and healing as well as my awesome guildmates.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

As well, I do feel heals are a little anemic. Throwing your biggest heal on a tank and not even seeing the health bar move does something to you psychologically even if you can totally understand the reasoning behind why it has to be that way.

This is probably the one thing I don't like about Cata healing. Hell, I can't even top people up after a wacky pull anymore, without burning through my blue like it was methane.

04/23/2011 12:18 AMPosted by Dontpanic
I'm definitely having fun. I have no complaints about healing whatsoever.

Love your name!
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Been healing since early 2005, having the least fun doing it in Cata. The whole thing just feels so obnoxious--damage is so high and often unavoidable, heals are so weak, slow, and expensive.

I deliberately avoid healing 5 mans. Only rarely will I even go in a guild group. Absolutely detest it. I feel like I'm fighting the stupidity level of the group, and they have no idea how hard this "easy" fight is when 4 people are taking damage at the same time because no one CC's and no one targets the tank's target. See that 5 pack of mobs? If it gave an achieve for killing them all within 2 seconds of each other we'd get it. The 25 seconds before that took me from 100 to 0 mana and oh look--the next pack has been pulled.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've always enjoyed healing.
The best times was Wrath days.
Cata seems a bit slow and boring at times.
There seems to be a change in Blizzards thinking that it was too easy for healer and they should make the whole situations harder for them.

Personally I think Blizzard has made the mechanics of fights harder for people to enjoy raids.
Any small mistake has a harsh penalty for a raid group.
This is a mistake for the casual player, who do not have a high level of playablity to find pug groups that will advance anywhere and get disheartened in playing.
This type of mechanics should have been aimed at us players who do heroics and have an excellent understanding of our toons.

I just hope that Blizzard will go back to the playablity for us pally healers where we make a big difference like in Wrath, of being able to be a hero and heal to save the raid.

On the whole still having fun healing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'd say that healing is only "fun" when you are properly geared.

(Define properly geared: almost full epics.)

Until you get a ton of gear, healing is a nightmare especially if you have tanks who take huge random amounts of damage (which is almost all the time for anyone.)

My problem now even as a full epic holy priest is the Eagle Avatar boss in ZA. I cannot heal that fight to save my life. That fight is a slap in the face to healers.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I can't speak for all healing classes; but the butchering to resto druid healing has made me nearly ready to delete my character. As someone posted above me; I too have been healing from 2005ish to the present; mainly with a resto druid. I'm familiar with haste needs, (now mastery) importance, gear requirements - you name it. What I (the player) can't make up for regardless of blues or epics is the mana cost of spells, or (for the most part) the strength of the healing. Every cast is an adventure for druid healing; the majority of our biggest heals cost a fortune unless we're lucky to get a lifebloom clear cast proc, and even then they're vastly weak. What gave druid healing the power to compete with other classes as far as strength of spells - is the tree of life. By removing that and making it a 3-minute CD, was the end to the ability (in my opinion) of healing as a druid. Those of us who have mastered the new mechanics behind balancing lifeblooms on targets and praying for a clear-cast proc, can attest to the fact that during periods of heavy dmg - druids have a hard time catching up with other classes. "Just pop tranq and stfu" right? Yeah, it too has a CD and although Malfurions gift shortens it - we can't make up the difference in two periods of heavy dmg during a fight, bottom line. By nerfing efflorescence and making what little amount of healing people get from it be incapable of crit, it's more or less useless. Easy fix? Give us the full-time ToL back; or ease the cost of high heal spells and dispell/clense (don't even get me started with that ---like 3500 mana for ONE dispell on ONE target? come on Blizzard - get real).

Is this a whinefest, or is this filled with useful information by someone who's played the class long enough to know that it's badly broken.......you decide; and in either case - the jist of this post is pretty basic......"There's no room for error anymore, so no - healing is no longer fun."
Reply Quote
40 Human Priest
Some observations.

The first is we are six months into the expansion and we are still having this discussion. This is a big, red, flashing warning sign that something is amiss.

The second is there have been articles on Wowinsider and various blogs citing player burnout. We are only six months into the expansion.

I do not recall there being so much talk of burnout six months into Burning Crusade nor Wrath of the Lich King. This is another a big, red, flashing warning sign that something is amiss.

The third observation is anecdotal. It seems at least once a week someone I know has walked away from the game. To a person they give the reason for their departure is they no longer enjoy the game.

I know anecdotal evidence is weak. Anyone can make up a story.

However, when it is taken in context of the other observations, I am stuck by the undeniable conclusion that something is wrong with the Cataclysm model.

No, I am not having fun.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm having fun. I'd have more fun on my druid, but my guild wants me on the paladin.
Reply Quote
Not so much. :(
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Mage
Some observations.

The first is we are six months into the expansion and we are still having this discussion. This is a big, red, flashing warning sign that something is amiss.

The second is there have been articles on Wowinsider and various blogs citing player burnout. We are only six months into the expansion.

I do not recall there being so much talk of burnout six months into Burning Crusade nor Wrath of the Lich King. This is another a big, red, flashing warning sign that something is amiss.

The third observation is anecdotal. It seems at least once a week someone I know has walked away from the game. To a person they give the reason for their departure is they no longer enjoy the game.

I know anecdotal evidence is weak. Anyone can make up a story.

However, when it is taken in context of the other observations, I am stuck by the undeniable conclusion that something is wrong with the Cataclysm model.

No, I am not having fun.

^^QFT^^

I am a casual who raided in Vanilla (briefly as a druid healer), quite a lot in BC (mage), and just played with raids in WOLK (pugs). However, I loved the WOLK expansion so much that we purchased the game and subscription for my son. We had a blast together, and collectively put in far too many hours to count chasing down pixels. We raided, farmed, leveled, and created many, many alts.

We are not burned out, and no this game isn't too hard for us casuals. It simply isn't any fun. I killed my account for the second time this expansion because I couldn't muster enough interest to even log into the game. I quit after it came out in disgust over the new healing style, but came back to give it another chance. My son came with me and we leveled a number of our alts to 85. And then we stopped doing anything in this game. Independently we both found the game to be boring.

Plagiarizing a game review of another game, Cataclysm seems like there is a diamond under a ton of sewage that I really don't want to dig through(balance issues, game play issues (phasing so we can't level together, wtf were they thinking?), pvp, LFD, and the list of failures just overwhelms us). And finally, the community is toxic beyond belief.

While I am hesitant to place the blame for the nastiness of the community at Blizzards' feet, it is fair to say that they have done a lot to encourage the current sociopaths that terrorize our forums, queues, and trade channels (wtb larger shared ignore list that ignores the account).

I am glad that some of you enjoy this game, and maybe we will give it another go after the next patch. But somehow I doubt it.

Assuming Ghostcrawler gets removed as lead developer, then maybe next expansion? He and I (we, if you include my son) have a difference of opinion on what exactly constitutes fun.

Finally, this expansion was poorly done imho which is why we keep getting threads like this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]