Anyone old school still play here?

90 Night Elf Rogue
Egongun is my main. (Now named Egongirl)

Been on Rexxar since 2007
Raided in Emerald, Independents (Staver and co.), Mythology (Cobretti and co.), PVP Flagged (Dwarfnasty and co.), Complacent Heroes, and a few other newer guilds. Now trippin with Epicism. I was here when Yarg transferred over during BT progression, when Farm Status quit, restarted, quit, restarted, etc.

Cheers :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I usually come on for a month or two every summer. Transferred over from Draenor originally. Raided MC and BWL with IAF / DG8.

So yes, we're still around. But I think we're seasonal at this point.
Edited by Hyshal on 8/6/2013 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Well I quit in January got me a new girl, been wokring for Caterpillar welding on equipment, 12-16 hour days. Finally just started back playing again, I am on a different server with my lil bro kinda helping him out taking it easy. I would like to come back to Rexxar and play on horde if anyone will have me..... Wink Wink CP!!!.... But ya doin real well in life man. Plus my woman is gorgeous and she is not as crazy as Missy was. Nah no prison only have 3 more saturdays left in jail for that dui last March 2010. Been going every saturday since Last June lol. But ya man, Dwarf has a funny !@# soundboard of me oh the memories. I am alive and well though. Hell jails around here are mostly loaded with rednecks I fit right in, still playing some guitar here and there. My life story is complete I miss you all, those who care. Peace out homies.

Where can I find this soundboard?? I miss those days man, those were the best!!
Remember when you used to challenge me to take aggro from you in BT? Some of those times I actually would generate enough threat to do it! I really miss raiding with you and park. Most fun times anyone had ever had in wow.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I remember Egongun when we first came over back in BT...those were the days...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
oldschool hunter here bro :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I don't play on this server anymore, but I definitely qualify as old-school. I first came here during the free server transfers from Draenor (having to log in 2 hours before raid time because thats how long the darn queue was). Was just talking about some vanilla raid experience with folks and realized to my amazement DG8 is still around! Wowprogress doesnt list em, did they finally peter out?

Tietu from <Is A Felmonkey> / <Death Group Eight>
Edited by Alavash on 6/15/2013 4:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel like i should pop my ugly head up in this biznatch.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I Played in WOTLK, got relm first 85, then quit lol...

Played a monk with a few friends at the beginning of the xpac, buuuuuuuuut.... mysts of pandailia is a !@#$%.

Play mostly SC2 and Dota now... And college -.- ^-*! engineering...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage

Played a monk with a few friends at the beginning of the xpac, buuuuuuuuut.... mysts of pandailia is a !@#$%.

you
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

you

Iss Craycray
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I transferred to Rexxar shortly after TBC launched. Raided with Paragon (or ParaGONE as the forum trolls took to calling it) then quit shortly before WOTLK. Came back this past January, but pretty much everyone I knew has (not surprisingly) transferred or quit playing.

Will you be my friend?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Still looking for Wagthedog picz to scare guildies, since other old school peeps may have em~
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Still looking for Wagthedog picz to scare guildies, since other old school peeps may have em~

No.

Just, no.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

No.

Just, no.

I've seen worse, but some critters who weren't around at our time wants to see it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I just started playing again.
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Rogue
Well in 5 years I have reached lvl 20, I dont know if I can count as a faceless troll anymore.

<3 everyone from the old days.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Bring back the wall hopping trick and old Orgrimmar. With those went the only decent form of pvp.

- starfighter
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Just to check in in case anyone reads this thread:

Came to Rexxar a few months into Burning Crusade with the remnants of my Classic Guild, Anomaly. I was never a server personality, I didn't pvp, although some might have run across me as the enthusiastic Polymorpher who would gladly run heroics I didn't need merely to have some fun with the good folk of the server.

Outland seemed like a wild frontier then. Yet to my amazement, out ragtag Karazhan team coalesced into a 25 man raiding guild. Compared to the other guilds at the time like Farm Status or The Exiled, we were mediocre at best. Somehow, through sheer persistence we managed to take down Lady Vashj. Yet the WoW of T6 attunement was quite cutthroat, and the Vial caused the loss of a handful of essential raiders, in a scenario paralleled in countless other guilds. Truthfully, I sobbed out loud as I watched Anomaly disintegrate.

I drifted towards the end of BC, first with Unforgiving, then with the Exiled. Prepping for WotLK I resolved to reinvent myself as a paladin healer with lmperium. Imagine my surprise to find myself sitting pretty as the Wrath Ret Pally for one of the server's top guilds! My time with them was short, and I didn't have the deep emotional commitment I had with Anomaly, but I was privileged to raid with (in my experience) such a pleasant and professional group.

Real life intervened before Ulduar hit, and I spent the next year cut of from WoW, and subsequent years playing with RL friends who shared a schedule with me too irregular for raiding. Nonetheless, I am starting a new chapter on a high-pop server, leveling up to witness the inevitable end of this cultural phenomenon of a game . If anyone who knows me from the old days sees this hit me up on the character Qwarazam or Arazam on Area 52.
Edited by Volynia on 8/21/2013 12:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh man I miss those days. I started with my dad on this toon and his hunter Lemonpepper about 6mo before BC dropped. Never got to participate in the War of the Shifting Sands (sad damn day that was when I learned what I missed out on!). Raided Karazhan with Escape From Reality, were moving into Gruul/SSC when WotLK dropped. Got to see up to Sindragosa on this toon before school consumed my time and then I quite shortly after Cata. Returned about 4mo ago and am now enjoying the game... not as much as I used to but it's still pretty fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]