McAfee Patching issues

100 Human Warrior
When I try to start the WoW program, I recieve the error,

"Failed to download information about the next patch. Check your network connection."

I have a full connection to the internet, and I've been able to download other things from online.

I have never had this problem before.
Edited by Maxen on 4/26/2011 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I have McAfee Antivirus on my computer, if that helps.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I think multiple people are having the same problem, read the sticky. Any help?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Bump.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Bump.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Any help whatsoever would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Are there any links you could direct me to? I download the updated tools just fine, it's the actual patch not downloading.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Bump.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
I am having a similar problem, open the patcher and leave it download. Stays at downloading updated tools at 1% then it closes the launcher, I don't have any firewalls or AV program active that could hamper it. So yeah.. No idea.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Maxen ,

If your AV program offers an option to disable protection, try that first. If you're using the free version, you might even want to just uninstall it long enough to get patched, then reinstall it.

"Winter is coming....."
Reply Quote
80 Troll Warrior
Same problem. Disabled every firewall I have and didn't help. Uninstalled and it didn't help. Something is clearly broken and it's not on my side. Keeps saying there is a problem with my internet connection (which is odd since it is the only program to ever tell me this)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Telleh ,

Please open up Internet Explorer, even if it's not the browser you typically use, click on "Tools" then "Internet Options". Now go to the "Connections" tab and click on the button that says "LAN settings". Make sure that "Automatically detect settings" is not checked, and that you are not using a proxy server. Click "OK."

Make sure IE isn't set to Work Off-Line too.

Try the game again after that please.

"Winter is coming....."
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Martyt,

Same problem as Telleh where upon loading the WoW program I recieve the error "Launcher cannot obtain patching information. Please check your internet configuration." Ive disabled every firewall I have (which is only Windows Firewall). And have also followed your instruction to open Internet Explorer and uncheck "Automatically detect settings" and all further instruction in that post.

I still have the same problem :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I have the same issue too =(. I just got back to playing yesterday and then this happened D= please help, I've tried everything in here. I've downloaded the patch its just the hotfix that wont download for 29/4/11

Cheers, Elco
Reply Quote
i have the same issue as them above me i tried everything you guys said went to support site and tried eerything from port change and turned all my firewall off and i still can't connect to wow saying conigure internet options if issue occurs contact support
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
As everyone has stated, i have the same issue where the launcher cannot obtain the patch file information. Have done everything stated. Nothing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
try fushling the DNS. and doing a full modem reboot.. ( turn it off for 60 seconds and then back on.. wait for your modem to log back into the ineternet then turn your pc back on..
turn pc off all of em and turn modem off.. turn modem back on after 60 seconds and wait for it to finnish its booting stage

attempt a wow start..

if still not working ..

Disable all AV and firewall programs to test wow..

flushing the dns on XP vista 7

start > run > cmd > enter,
CMD prompt will come up type in > ipconfig /flushdns

Win7/vista
Start > search fprogram and files > type in > Cmd then hit enter
type in the command prompt, ipconfig /flushdns

will look simlar to this

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\user>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

C:\Users\user>
Edited by Sungraal on 5/1/2011 2:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Shaman
did this work for anyone. i also have been trying to get in since the patch, with no good effect.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Shaman
Btw, this is alot of work , to utilize what i have already paid for
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Still no luck whatsoever. I haven't been able to get into the game for a few days now, money wasted on my subscription. I've tried patching with mirrors, and the game still doesn't work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]