Arena and RBG Conquest Change - Updated 4/27

Community Manager
Update 11:50 AM PDT: These values have been amended slightly. Players will now receive 180 Conquest Points for winning an Arena match and 400 points for winning a Rated Battleground.

-----

In patch 4.1 the amount of Conquest earned for both Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds has been changed to a flat amount regardless of team rating, to 135 and 335 respectively. This change should of course have been in the patch 4.1 notes, but due to a fairly straight forward error, was not included.

The current reward now in 4.1 for winning an Arena match is 135 Conquest Points, and for Rated Battlegrounds it's 335 Conquest Points. We're currently evaluating these amounts as we believe they are potentially lower than they need to be, and we'll of course let you know if they need to be changed.
Edited by Lylirra on 4/27/2011 11:48 AM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman
Thank you.

I have a close to 3000 cap, and have many alts above 2800. I will not appreciate having to play over 60 2s games to get a cap for a week and frankly it's a bit unfair, lol.

Is there any word on the arena issues, also?

MMR is bugged again with Team Rating. You don't lose MMR or Rating for a loss sometimes, yet your wins don't count but your MMR Skyrockets. Players who were previously 2400 are now at a 2900 Match Making Rating.

Can we get a 4.1 ladder reset to what it was on Monday night or a pause to the ladder, or something? Any update!
Edited by Evolutes on 4/26/2011 9:29 PM PDT
Please fix the per win amounts. 135 pts is way too low. And it now seems that the loss of rank has doubled? I don't get it.
90 Night Elf Druid
What a horrible change. Let's make the game more grindy for no reason. It just makes it more tedious. Even more hell to go through until you get geared enough to actually be competitive.
85 Orc Hunter
I agree; this isn't a good change at all. For those of us with alts this would mean even more games to queue and play just to cap points.

It definitely needs to be reverted back to percentage or something significantly higher than the measly 135 per win.
85 Troll Mage
I agree; this isn't a good change at all. For those of us with alts this would mean even more games to queue and play just to cap points.

It definitely needs to be reverted back to percentage or something significantly higher than the measly 135 per win.

hi
100 Night Elf Druid
In patch 4.1 the amount of Conquest earned for both Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds has been changed to a flat amount regardless of team rating, to 135 and 335 respectively. This change should of course have been in the patch 4.1 notes, but due to a fairly straight forward error, was not included.

The current reward now in 4.1 for winning an Arena match is 135 Conquest Points, and for Rated Battlegrounds it's 335 Conquest Points. We're currently evaluating these amounts as we believe they are potentially lower than they need to be, and we'll of course let you know if they need to be changed.

Well no need to evaluate the old system was perfect and you guys ruined it by making it too low - 135 per arena match? Have you ever had constant 40 minute arena matches, not a pretty thing so basically ARENA takes longer than raiding... wonderful.
85 Blood Elf Priest
This is a really sketchy move by Blizzard and as a loyal customer and fan I am ashamed by this. =(
85 Orc Hunter

hi

why hello thar
85 Draenei Paladin
04/26/2011 09:53 PMPosted by Ehcko
Just out of curiosity why did you change the way the system was? It seemed to work perfectly and made everyone happy. The only thing the change has done has upset people, what was the intended goal?

^
92 Human Paladin
I feel like they are trying to funnel people into RBG's I don't have the time or desire to play them, please put more effort into Arena again please.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
04/26/2011 09:53 PMPosted by Ehcko
Just out of curiosity why did you change the way the system was? It seemed to work perfectly and made everyone happy. The only thing the change has done has upset people, what was the intended goal?
^^^ I want to know as well big time.
85 Goblin Rogue
SKP
we'll of course let you know if they need to be changed.

No Blizzard, I'm letting you know this needs to change.
85 Orc Warlock
The system as it previously was worked out well. However, I can see the idea behind requiring 10 wins to cap points out for a week, but Blizz has missed the train on making this a desired/appreciated change.

Currently if you hit level 85, grind out BGs, then start arenas you are at a severe disadvantage. A player can be skilled in arenas, but unable to advance in rating due to having the BG gear opposed to the Arena welfare purples. If there was some consistency in the points given throughout the season, the playing field would be much more level.

However, since people have been grandfathered in getting free gear, the 1200 rated individuals have their purples and will simply out gear a skilled BG Hero. Change this back and and don't prolong the opportunities of individuals to advance throughout the rating system that has been designed. 10 wins can take up to 300 minutes/week if you go 10-0. So if you are batting 50%, that's up to 600 minutes/week (10 hours/week) if you are able to win 50% of the games...

Come on Blizz, if I want to do more arenas on my alts please make it my option to do so. Let me seek self improvement on my toons without you having to hold my hand requiring me to do so. Thanks~
100 Human Paladin
It's still less effort to get like 20 wins in 2v2 than it is to set up a rated bg team and get 9 wins.

Have to agree with others that 135 seems way too low. If you thought 5 wins weren't enough, why not make it require 10 wins or something? That way we'll have to play more, but it'll also still scale.
85 Human Warrior
04/26/2011 10:00 PMPosted by Sern
I feel like they are trying to funnel people into RBG's I don't have the time or desire to play them, please put more effort into Arena again please.

So.. if we go on that premise.. then blizzard is goading people into playing something they really don't want to because the thing they preferred to do is even more annoying?

It's a bad idea to compensate for bad design by making good design even crappier. Blizzard is not going to get the result they seem to desire.

Seriously.. what is the deal with making the game more and more annoying? I've already quit raiding because that was annoying and boring me to tears. I refuse to do heroics because it's just an awful experience, so all I wanted to do was arena a bit and for that, I'll give you money every month. Now you want to make that annoying as well?

At least you're being consistent Blizzard.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]