Arena and RBG Conquest Change - Updated 4/27

90 Dwarf Priest
Is there a rational for doing this? I mean, its like you're punishing higher rated players. This change makes no sense.

And the fact that RBGs take so long compared to arena, are you trying to push people out from playing it altogether? This is ridiculous.
85 Worgen Warrior
I just wanted to thank Bashiok for posting an actual answer to this. In another thread in bugs, all we got was,

Question: We are only getting 135 Conquest points per win regardless or weekly cap

Response from Blizz: Is as intended

Though i do not like the change i think with a little boost in the number per week i could be comfortable with it. Thank you for letting us know what is actually going on.
90 Dwarf Priest
04/26/2011 10:00 PMPosted by Sern
I feel like they are trying to funnel people into RBG's I don't have the time or desire to play them, please put more effort into Arena again please.

LoL, so the fact that RBGs require more people, games usually taking 3-4x as long as an arena match, the population of those who play are generally much higher skilled than the average arena person and only giving 2.5x more points is "funneling" people into RBGs. That's some awesome logic.
Edited by Volun on 4/26/2011 10:21 PM PDT
85 Human Priest
I just started getting into the Arena System and I am completely confused at the change. I can understand making it 10 wins total based on a percentage, but to do a set static amount is just a poorly thought out change that penalizes higher players for no real rational reason.
85 Night Elf Druid
Terrible change, just horrible, this is probably the worst change of the entire patch and you left it out. THAT is why people are upset. If we'd known about it I'm pretty sure it would of still made it in the patch, only because the pvp community is a muted voice under the scores of people interested in other aspects of the game.

IRREGARDLESS, you should take this out since we were not warned about it at all and people did not test it and could not tell you how terrible this is.

If you want something like this, then start testing for it in 4.2.

That is my opinion,

/signed angry person, one of many
85 Worgen Warlock
I just wanted to thank Bashiok for posting an actual answer to this. In another thread in bugs, all we got was,

Question: We are only getting 135 Conquest points per win regardless or weekly cap

Response from Blizz: Is as intended

Though i do not like the change i think with a little boost in the number per week i could be comfortable with it. Thank you for letting us know what is actually going on.

I and most every other person here is at some level appreciative of the response, however this is just a horrible decision that (a) seems odd to have been "missed" in the patch notes considering the likely reaction and (b) will make grinding arenas required which is not a "reward" at all after players have had to grind bgs. I have 5 level 85s and while I don't have any great rating on any of them (I unfortunately like the non-OP specs), this will make WoW tedious and horrible. PLEASE REVERT THIS!
85 Undead Rogue
this is an amazingly disappointing change regardless of the bracket / rating you arena at. how unfortunate. please consider reverting the change or ramping up points per win.
85 Worgen Warlock
10 wins for epic gear is wrong? you get a piece of gear every two weeks then complain that you have to spend an hour 30-45 minutes on it. yes it sucks for the ppl with high ratings that need alot more wins to cap. but the 97% of players that find any random person to get 5 wins with has no right to complain about having to play the game for more then an hour a week to get geared. more whine, less play.
85 Night Elf Druid
04/26/2011 10:21 PMPosted by Jrdyn
10 wins for epic gear is wrong? you get a piece of gear every two weeks then complain that you have to spend an hour 30-45 minutes on it. yes it sucks for the ppl with high ratings that need alot more wins to cap. but the 97% of players that find any random person to get 5 wins with has no right to complain about having to play the game for more then an hour a week to get geared. more whine, less play.

My druid has a cap of 2700+ (2200 team) my shaman as a cap of 2970 (2735) I'm just not planning on capping my shaman anymore since it's too much extra work, my druid who still needs gear will be the only toon I'll probably be playing on since this bull crap system was implemented.
85 Worgen Priest
I just don't understand why such drastic changes are always made. Too many conquest point per win? Lets reduce it to a 3rd of the original value? X ability not doing enough damage? Let's double the damage. Then people are always pissed about huge changes, classes end up over powered and underpowered, and the cycle continues. (And for the record, I'm sad my shadowfiend damage got ninja-nerfed by half...).
90 Troll Druid
I do Arena, by no means a pro or anything. I could not be bothered grinding out 10 wins, when sometimes it take me 15 arena games to get my 5.

It just does not hold my interest anymore.
04/26/2011 09:53 PMPosted by Ehcko
Just out of curiosity why did you change the way the system was? It seemed to work perfectly and made everyone happy. The only thing the change has done has upset people, what was the intended goal?

Basically, couldn't have said it better myself.

Also the fact no one complained about the previous system.

What in heavens were the devs possibly thinking at all?
This one change, that didn't make it into the patch notes, sorry, HUGE CHANGE, really makes me fear where this game is going, and if it is even worth it to continue to pay my money for the people developing this game with the ideas that are currently in their head.

I'm having trouble swallowing this and really, I am utterly baffled.
85 Gnome Warlock
In patch 4.1 the amount of Conquest earned for both Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds has been changed to a flat amount regardless of team rating, to 135 and 335 respectively. This change should of course have been in the patch 4.1 notes, but due to a fairly straight forward error, was not included.

The current reward now in 4.1 for winning an Arena match is 135 Conquest Points, and for Rated Battlegrounds it's 335 Conquest Points. We're currently evaluating these amounts as we believe they are potentially lower than they need to be, and we'll of course let you know if they need to be changed.

What was the problem with the old system? Too many people having fun gearing up alts?
85 Tauren Druid
People were once again enjoying casual arena for fun and rewards. We absolutely can't have that.
85 Undead Rogue
Lol shady Blizzard. Way to not put this obvious horrible idea in the patch notes to avoid criticism (ya right some sort of error... what a joke). Instead, spring it on everyone patch day so its too late and then say "we're evaluating" or some nonsense. Lol, Rift is looking better and better with this kind of leadership out of Blizzard. Way to be shady.
85 Human Warrior
04/26/2011 10:33 PMPosted by Barkevious
What was the problem with the old system? Too many people having fun gearing up alts?

Yes, apparently the hamster wheel was too small.
85 Draenei Shaman
This is something that should have waited until the next season. It isn't really fair to add it now as most of the higher teams already have their gear and even some of the lower ones also. A fresh 85, such as an alt is going to have a harder time becoming competitive with the established arena players.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]