Arena and RBG Conquest Change - Updated 4/27

90 Human Paladin
I think the system is bad for players of any rank.

1 - High level players need to do a ridiculous amount of arenas to get capped. High level players... do not like.

2 - Players at a medium skill level find themselves pitted against group 1 from above. They lose more often. Medium skill players... do not like.

3 - Low level players are pitted against a lot of the above groups, and those 5 wins from before, instead of taking 20 games or so, they now take 50 to get 10 wins. Low level players... do not like.

The two changes, both to the unscaled rating and the lower amount given, oddly make it bad for every single person wanting to do arena.

The net result is arena becomes less desirable for everyone.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Wow, some serious venom in this thread. I love how Blizz makes a mistake and everyone's like "Blizz is being sneaky! You've stabbed me in the back! We're so not BFF anymore!"

Yeah, Blizz tried to slip one past millions of subscribers on purpose. MILLIONS of subscribers, people.

Calm down already.
90 Human Paladin
04/26/2011 11:07 PMPosted by Chalëy
Also STOP catering to RBG's. They are stupid. Arenas were just fine until you decided that you had to change it up and make RBG's more important. Overall a change that I 100% disagree with and loathe; especially since it means I won't PvP anymore. Thanks for removing that aspect of my play time.

Yeah, this too...
85 Goblin Mage
nVs
Interested why I got 180pts for a win?

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/lolpoints.jpg/

Pls change back to five wins.
Edited by Gagonme on 4/26/2011 11:16 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Priest
04/26/2011 11:07 PMPosted by Chalëy
Also STOP catering to RBG's. They are stupid. Arenas were just fine until you decided that you had to change it up and make RBG's more important. Overall a change that I 100% disagree with and loathe; especially since it means I won't PvP anymore. Thanks for removing that aspect of my play time.

A couple of people have posted this, and are clearly not that smart.

RBGs require more people, games usually taking 3-4x as long as an arena match, the population of those who play are generally much higher skilled than the average arena person and only giving 2.5x more points is not "catering" to the RBG crowd. That's some awesome logic. Time for time, and logistics, it is still far easier to get points through arena. Chalk it up to biased stupidity for your post.

I hate the change too, but don't blame RBGs because you have no idea what you're talking about.
85 Orc Shaman
So you want me to take more time to cap points than it does for a full raid week? I have 2 alts getting 2.2k+, which will take me more time to cap them, than it does to do 13/13. Nice.
Edited by Tnep on 4/26/2011 11:20 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Also, I want to add that there's not really a reason at all why it shouldn't have been added to the patch notes months ago, and here's why:

This should have been an agonizing and thought provoking topic months ago....

Changes to Valor Points? Zomg tell everyone! Fancy interface! Discussion feedback, topics, COVERAGE!

Changes to Conquest Points? ... what conquest points?

The magnitude of the daily vs weekly cap of Valor Points was a kind consideration, not really making it easier (in terms of dungeons done) or harder, but more convenient.

Is the change to Conquest Points not far more sweeping? Isn't this something you would have wanted feedback on prior to getting probably thousands of tickets complaining about the change? It's a very very significant change. And quite frankly the community consensus seems to have been: It wasn't broke, why did you fix it?
In patch 4.1 the amount of Conquest earned for both Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds has been changed to a flat amount regardless of team rating, to 135 and 335 respectively. This change should of course have been in the patch 4.1 notes, but due to a fairly straight forward error, was not included.

The current reward now in 4.1 for winning an Arena match is 135 Conquest Points, and for Rated Battlegrounds it's 335 Conquest Points. We're currently evaluating these amounts as we believe they are potentially lower than they need to be, and we'll of course let you know if they need to be changed.
Thanks for posting this.. IN THE PATCH NOTES WHERE IT BELONGS... silly blizzard.. *goes to do random dungeons to just convert Valor into Conquest*
85 Human Paladin
Its complete crap how many games in arena my partner and I have to play just to get weekly cap. I'm sorry but what good has come out of this? I quit heroics and raids because they were time consuming. A lot of people like the fast pace of arena and pvp. Usually we would go 5-1 in arena. Which we did manage with 4.1 but 5 wins gets me less than half conquest.. like serious? Most people who choose PvP do it because they do not have to commit 20 hours a week to be decent. I do not want to spend all day farming conquest. Who does? Arena is just not fun anymore. What a waste of time ya'll have made it.

I'm disgusted as most of us are that it was changed without warning. We are not happy.
Love- All the players who make your paycheck worth it.
Edited by Kute on 4/26/2011 11:48 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Warrior
I think the system is bad for players of any rank.

1 - High level players need to do a ridiculous amount of arenas to get capped. High level players... do not like.

2 - Players at a medium skill level find themselves pitted against group 1 from above. They lose more often. Medium skill players... do not like.

3 - Low level players are pitted against a lot of the above groups, and those 5 wins from before, instead of taking 20 games or so, they now take 50 to get 10 wins. Low level players... do not like.

The two changes, both to the unscaled rating and the lower amount given, oddly make it bad for every single person wanting to do arena.

The net result is arena becomes less desirable for everyone.

Pretty much this was all that needed to be said. This change screws over casual players who don't learn how to play(which i'm actually against but...) and just have fun wanting to get gear for pvp.

This change is going to make the people that are good at pvp who dont need the gear or 2-3 pieces left the only people doing Arenas IMO.
90 Human Mage
odd change
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Now my arena partner is going to expect me to spend even more time with her. If I wanted to do that, I'd get married.

Laughable change, to say the least.
85 Orc Hunter
I'll concede that 5 games a week was too easy to get full points. It benefited alts and other characters but was still way too easy to gear very quickly. However, this new change is overkill. I think a fair number, and what it should be changed to is 10 games. Since arena's introduction in TBC you've always been required to play 10games for points. 10 Wins even holds the potential to be more than simply 10 games, but 10 wins I feel is a fair amount.
90 Human Warrior
This is classic blizzard. They do a radical change like this to make everyone beg for 10 wins instead what we have now. That way when they change it to 10 wins instead of 5 like it was everyone will be happy.
85 Draenei Shaman
Wow, some serious venom in this thread. I love how Blizz makes a mistake and everyone's like "Blizz is being sneaky! You've stabbed me in the back! We're so not BFF anymore!"

Yeah, Blizz tried to slip one past millions of subscribers on purpose. MILLIONS of subscribers, people.

Calm down already.

You don't understand, if the ladder has to get reset because of a stupid mistake on a rushed patch then there is going to be thousands of players who will see months of effort get flushed down the toilet.

Beyond that the change was completely ignorant, especially with summer right around the corner and a large chunk of their PvPrs playing less because of it.

This is classic blizzard. They do a radical change like this to make everyone beg for 10 wins instead what we have now. That way when they change it to 10 wins instead of 5 like it was everyone will be happy.

^ Rofl, i agree, anyways, revert it back to 5 wins that way we can add this to our list of 5 hotfixes you've done for PvPrs in the history of WoW.
Edited by Twuz on 4/27/2011 12:08 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]